Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Transfers Out:

MID-TIER: Neville

Transfers In:

MID-TIER: Luke Harper

Full Squad for Gameweek 21:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Alberto Del Rio
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose

MID-TIER - Jimmy Uso
    MID-TIER - Luke Harper

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain: Dean Ambrose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Top Tier
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Alberto Del Rio
    Sheamus Dean Ambrose

Mid Tier
    King Barrett Jimmy Uso
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    Dean Ambrose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Out Tyler Breeze - In Kane
    Out Paige - In Dean Ambrose

Top Tier

1. Alberto Del Rio
    2. Kevin Owens
    3. Roman Reigns
    4. Dean Ambrose

Middle Tier

1. Kane
    2. Big E

Bottom Tier

1. Kalisto

Captain - Kevin Owens

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Paige out, Dean Ambrose in.
    Sin Cara gets the boot due to special stipulation no longer in play.

ADR remains captain this week, starting to get a bit of consistency ;)

Kevin Owens
    Alberto Del Rio - (Captain)
    Dean Ambrose
    Roman Reigns

Big E
    Jimmy Uso

Kalisto

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Cesaro
    IN: Braun Strowman

Top Tier:
    Roman Reigns _ Captain
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Paige

Mid Tier:
    Jimmy Uso
    Braun Strowman

Bottom Tier:
    Kallisto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Ryback OUT Dean Ambrose IN
    Kofi Kingston OUT Luke Harper IN
    Sin Cara OUT

Top Tier
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Dean Ambrose

Mid Tier
    Jey Uso
    Luke Harper

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    Jey Uso

I've accepted the submissions given and the deadline has now passed. Before I get to the popular trends for the week I have to point out that I had to cut wrestlers from the squads of Scavenger XIII and linvoysblues as they had extra men (since we are no longer using 8 wrestlers for each squad).

As I noted last week:
    In the event that players fail to do this [submit squads], keep in mind the onus will be on ME to cut one of your players (and I will likely try to work out which extra you brought in last week as it seems the most reasonable thing). Ideally, you will cut your squads down in a way that satisfies yourselves.

And so, as promised, I have cut the extra picks from these squads meaning they now look like so:

Scavenger XIII

Top:
    Dean Ambrose
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins > Kevin Owens (Sure why not? - O W E N S B O Y S)
    Becky Lynch > Paige (Is Becky even still on this show?)

Mid:
    Neville
    Cesaro
    BONUS: Big E (Not enough room in this roster to FEEL THE POWAH!)

Bottom:
    Sin Cara

Captain: Reigns

linvoysblues

Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Charlotte
    Alberto Del Rio

Jimmy Uso
    Jey Uso (C)

Sin Cara
    (Bonus) Kalisto

Scoring will be based on the above line-ups. Here are the most popular picks for the week ahead:

Popular trends - G.W. 21

Most popular Top Tier picks

1. Kevin Owens 13

2. Roman Reigns 9

3. Alberto Del Rio / Dean Ambrose 8

Most popular Mid-Tier picks

1. Jimmy Uso 5

2. Big E 4

= Neville 4

Most popular Bottom Tier picks

1. Kalisto 9

2. Sin Cara 3

3. Bo Dallas 1

It looks like most players have taken into consideration the WWE Title tournament as the four favourites to make the semi-final stage are the most supported in the top tier category.

Jimmy Uso has become the most popular mid-tier option; Kalisto remains the number one bottom tier pick.

My impression is that the scores this week for Raw will be very similar. I think this will be a week where Smackdown proves to be the big difference maker of the two shows.

Good luck, folks.

4 gameweeks remaining...

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

An interesting, though mostly predictable, episode of Raw is done and dusted and now it's time to find out what effect it has had on the scoring. This week we knew many of the matches due to the WWE Title tournament brackets and a lot of players took that into account. Read on for the latest...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

First of all, the scores...

Monday Night Raw scores

Bounty Hunter..................21 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............21 pts
    LeeJM.............................21 pts
    beakerjoe........................20 pts
    Stereomaniac...................18 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.....................17 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy...........15 pts
    DM_7..............................14 pts
    Scavenger XIII.................14 pts
    linvoysblues.....................12 pts
    Hashtag_Heel....................6 pts
    thebostoncrab....................6 pts
    Zemuppet.........................5 pts

Raw Fallout

Bounty Hunter, Cheese Wagstaff and LeeJM all share the highest score for Raw this week; all four men correctly predicted the semi-finalists for the WWE Title tournament and were also boosted by having a New Day member pick up a win.

The average score for Raw this week was 15 points.

And now let's see what effect it has had on our league...

Gameweek 21 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................567 points

2. LeeJM...............................................................................553 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................545 points

4. Bounty Hunter...................................................................544 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................543 points

6. DM_7...............................................................................523 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................488 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................479 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................476 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................431 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................385 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................378 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................337 points

League Fallout

Credit is again due to Cheese Wagstaff who remains top of the pile. Those below him are waiting for a poor showing in order to pounce, but he has been in good form of late. His nearest rival LeeJM has kept up the pace, however, and the margin between first and second remains what it was: 14 points.

The only movement this week involved Bounty Hunter overtaking yours truly to move into the top four. It is extremely close just below the top two with only two points separating third from fifth. You would imagine there will be more movement after Smackdown is over.

Raw results

Kevin Owens defeated Neville

Tyler Breeze defeated R-Truth

Dean Ambrose defeated Dolph Ziggler

The New Day defeated The Usos and Ryback via D.Q.

Roman Reigns defeated Cesaro

The Dudley Boyz defeated The Ascension

Alberto Del Rio defeated Kalisto

250px-Team3D.jpg

The Dudley Boyz get back to winning ways on Raw. No one has them in their line-up - time to reconsider? Overall, some pretty predictable results. Nice to see Tyler Breeze get his first Raw win.

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along can post up a seven-person squad and we will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league.

That wraps up the results for this week's Raw. Smackdown should be much more unpredictable so I'm curious to see how things look after that. Bring it on...

Quick question for anyone who has watched the end of Smackdown...
    Am I right in thinking that the result was a double count-out? The reason I ask is that I had seen spoilers which ruled the match a win for Reigns and Ambrose via D.Q.

It looked to me like the ref counts everyone out.

well it's listed on wwe.com the same way you thought yourself although if you went the other way both yourself and myself would get more captain points so... you know what to do ;)

• Advertisement

275px-New_WWE_SmackDown_Logo_2015.png

Smackdown is complete and with that we come to the end of Gameweek #21. Sorry it's later than usual but I had conflicting reports on the main event result. Fortunately WWE's website confirmed what I originally thought.

I'll begin this update by revealing the scores for Smackdown, and then where those scores have left our league table. I will then preview the Fantasy Cup Final which takes place next week, and explain the stip that is in store for Survivor Series. Read on for all the latest...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown scores

Hashtag_Heel.....................13 pts
    Scavenger XIII...................12 pts
    Stereomaniac.....................11 pts
    beakerjoe..........................10 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................10 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.................10 pts
    thebostoncrab....................10 pts
    LeeJM................................6 pts
    linvoysblues........................6 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy........................6 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy..............5 pts
    DM_7.................................5 pts
    Zemuppet...........................5 pts

Smackdown Fallout

The highest score for this week's Smackdown goes to Hashtag_Heel. Victories for his captain Neville as well as Cesaro were mostly responsible.

The average score for Smackdown this week was 8 points.

And now for the latest standings in our league...

Gameweek 21 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................577 points

2. LeeJM...............................................................................559 points

3. Bounty Hunter...................................................................554 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................550 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................549 points

6. DM_7...............................................................................528 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................500 points

8. Stereomaniac....................................................................487 points

9. linvoysblues......................................................................485 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................441 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................398 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................388 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................342 points

League Fallout

Once again great credit is due to Cheese Wagstaff. The league leader defiantly moves a further four points ahead than he was after Raw, making a margin between himself and nearest challenger LeeJM of 18 points. As we move into the penultimate PPV week of the game, if ever there is a time to make ground on the leader it is now - but will anyone be able to stop him?

In other news, Bounty Hunter's run of form continues as he now moves into third place and is not far off second. It remains very tight just below top spot.

Stereomaniac meanwhile edges out linvoysblues for eighth place.

Smackdown results

Cesaro defeated The Miz

Neville and The Dudley Boyz defeated Stardust and The Ascension

Tyler Breeze defeated Zack Ryder

Charlotte defeated Brie Bella

Big E defeated Kalisto

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio ended in a double count-out.

175px-Cesaro_Andre_the_Giant_trophy.jpg

A good win for Cesaro on Smackdown. Only two squads have the Swiss Superman. Is it time to consider getting him on board for the final weeks?

Here are the performers who were the best options for Gameweek #21:

Top points scorers for Gameweek 21

1. Big E 8 points

2. The Dudley Boyz 8 points

3. Tyler Breeze 8 points

Note - appearance points included

Only four players have Big E in their ranks and he was a considerable help to them. But consider this: no player has either member of the Dudley Boyz, nor Tyler Breeze. That's a good amount of points that were on offer that went nowhere.

Time to consider these mid-tier options?

On to Gameweek #22 (Fantasy Cup Final + Survivor Series)...

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

We started off with 12 players in the knock-out Cup and now we are down to our final two participants...

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Final

LeeJM vs DM_7

The Final will be decided based upon the three shows that take place this week: Survivor Series, Raw and Smackdown.

In the event the final finishes as a draw, the player with the most points from his captaincy choice will be the winner.

Here is a brief reminder on how each man made the final:

Group Stage

DM_7 emerged from Group B as the winner; he earned 7 points and finished ahead of A Brad Maddox Guy, Scavenger XIII, and thebostoncrab.

LeeJM was also a group winner, topping Group C, and being the only player to emerge from the groups with a 100 per cent record. His 9 points saw him finish ahead of linvoysblues, beakerjoe and myself.

Knock-Out phase

And using the style of brackets that were in the ATH thread, here is a picture of how the last eight became the final two:

LeeJM
    Scavenger XIII
    LeeJM
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    Stereomaniac
    LeeJM
    DM_7
    linvoysblues
    Cheese Wagstaff
    linvoysblues
    DM_7
    beakerjoe
    DM_7

Fantasy Cup Final - who wins?

It will be second place in the league vs sixth place in this week's final. If we regard the league as a barometer of form, and if we consider that in the group stages LeeJM was the strongest, then the signs would seem to suggest LeeJM is the favourite.

But hey, this is a Cup final! Anything could happen and we have seen strong favourites crash out already this year. There will be a lot of points to play for due to the PPV also being in the mix so it should be fascinating to see which man winds up the final survivor.

Whatever happens, the winner will have the satisfaction of knowing that when the game concludes - over six months since it started - that they, unlike most players, will have an achievement to take away from it. May the best man win.

*****Survivor Series Bonus Special*****

220px-The_official_poster_of_survivor_series_2015.jpeg

As I noted some weeks back, my original plan was to have a Survivor Series stip that involved the elimination match. Little did I know that this year the WWE would treat the elimination match as a bit of an afterthought. There will be a match at the PPV, but as I write this we still don't know who the participants will be.

So I decided to throw in a different bonus option. And it is simply this:

Who leaves Survivor Series as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Get it right and you earn an extra 3 points which could be handy when it's all said and done.

Now keep in mind you are NOT being asked who wins the WWE Title tournament - rather, who at the end of the night leaves with the belt. Will a certain ginger Dubliner be the one holding aloft the title at the end of the show?

Bookmakers seem to have it split pretty close as to whether Sheamus will cash in. Maybe he will and he'll win the belt; maybe he will cash in but lose. Maybe there will be no cash in and one of the guys in the tournament will leave with the title. All you have to determine is which guy has the title when the show goes off the air.

So your squad choice this week should look a bit like so:
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X

MID-TIER - X
    MID-TIER - X

BOTTOM TIER - X

Your captain: X

Survivor Series Bonus: Who leaves as the Champion?: X

I hope that's straightforward. Remember: it's not about who wins the title tournament but who has the title when the show ends.

Deadline

As it's a PPV Week the deadline for Gameweek #22 will thus be on Sunday night before the first match on the Survivor Series card (this includes any pre-show match, so keep that in mind).

You therefore have today and all weekend to make up your minds.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points (or cost you double points depending on how things go).

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along may do so by posting up a squad. We will allocate you a place and provide you points level with the lowest player on the leaderboard.

Good luck

With the exception of the final week, this week will have the most points on offer. It is therefore one of the most important weeks in the game. When it's over we will not only know who has won the first accolade of the game, but we will also know a lot more about our league table as we head into the final stages. Make your strategy count; gamble or play safe, it's up to you. Gameweek #22 is open for business.

Great stip, I've honestly no idea who I think will walk out as champion. The (I assume) 3 main contenders each have their merits & drawbacks imo.

Top Tier
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Alberto Del Rio Charlotte (ADR will return next week I'd say)
    Dean Ambrose

Mid Tier
    Jimmy Uso Tyler Breeze
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    Roman Reigns

Walking out as Champ: Roman Reigns (could as easily say Ambrose after a heel turn or Sheamus after a cash in - him not being on the card is ominous)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

TOP TIER - Alberto Del Rio Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Roman Reigns

MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston Tyler Breeze
    MID-TIER - Jey Uso

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain : Kevin Owens

Survivor Series Bonus : Roman Reigns

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Kevin Owens
    MID-TIER: Jimmy Uso
    MID-TIER: Luke Harper

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Charlotte
    MID-TIER: Cesaro
    MID-TIER: D-Von Dudley

Full Squad for Gameweek 22:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Alberto Del Rio
    TOP TIER - Charlotte
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - D-Von Dudley

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain: Roman Reigns

Who leaves as Champ? I'm sticking my neck out by saying Sheamus!

Out: Paige
    In: Dean Ambrose

Out: Strowman
    IN: Cesaro

Out: Jimmy Uso
    In: Big E

Top Tier:
    Roman Reigns _ Captain
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Dean Ambrose

Mid Tier:
    Cesaro
    Big E

Bottom Tier:
    Kallisto

Walking out as Champion: Roman Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

ADR out, Charlotte in.
    Jimmy Uso out, Tyler Breeze in.
    Caprain this week is going to be Roman Reigns

Kevin Owens
    Charlotte
    Roman Reigns - (Captain)
    Dean Ambrose

Big E
    Tyler Breeze

Kalisto

Survivor Series Bonus: Walking out as champion is going to be Roman Reigns.

Luke Harper OUT Kane IN
    Kevin Owens OUT Charlotte IN
    Jey Uso OUT Cesaro IN

Top Tier
    Alberto Del Rio
    Charlotte
    Roman Reigns
    Dean Ambrose

Mid Tier
    Cesaro
    Kane

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    Roman Reigns

Champion
    Roman Reigns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Top:
    Dean Ambrose
    Roman Reigns
    Kevin Owens
    Paige

Mid:
    Neville
    Cesaro > Tyler Breeze (Just read he's got an injury and might be out of action a while)

Bottom:
    Sin Cara > Kalisto (Picked 1 of the 2 at random and I've been missing out since he started appearing solo)

Captain: Reigns > Ambrose

Walks out champ: Ambrose

Obviously the odds really don't point to Ambrose at all but I can feel a poorly booked swerve and heel turn in my gut. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Owens out - Ambrose in
    Del Rio out - Sheamus in
    Jimmy Uso out - Ziggler in

Updated line up:

Dean Ambrose
    Roman Reigns (C)
    Charlotte
    Alberto Del Rio

Dolph Ziggler
    Jey Uso

Sin Cara

Walking out as Champ: Roman Reigns

• Advertisement

Just read Cesaro is injured. 10 mins past the deadline but since nothing has happened yet I'm gonna chance my arm & ask to change that transfer to Big E (understandable if this request is rejected)

Just read Cesaro is injured. 10 mins past the deadline but since nothing has happened yet I'm gonna chance my arm & ask to change that transfer to Big E (understandable if this request is rejected)

Unfortunately while I would allow it if the request had been made a little earlier, I think to allow it subsequent to the deadline would open up a can of worms. Sorry about that.

I share your pain as I too brought in Cesaro this week and had been hoping for big things from him.

Here are the top trends for the week ahead...

Popular trends - G.W. 22

Most popular Top Tier picks

1. Dean Ambrose 10

= Kevin Owens 10

2. Roman Reigns 9

Most popular Mid-Tier picks

1. Big E 5

2. Cesaro 4

= Neville 4

= Tyler Breeze 4

Most popular Bottom Tier picks

1. Kalisto 10

2. Sin Cara 2

3. Bo Dallas 1

A drop in Kevin Owens's popularity coincides with a small rise in Dean Ambrose's popularity; also a few players have thrown their support behind Tyler Breeze this week.

I'll have the Survivor Series update posted in a little while.

No catching Mr Wagstaff for me as once again despite both of us making subs the past two weeks I think we again ended up with the same lineup. Could be an issue for a few people as for instance I was happy with Kalisto's appearance despite not being pre-booked but then again almost everyone has him on their team. Similarily i'd be happy that my captain got an extra match but I think most had him as captain too. At least I was an early adopter for Tyler but I'd imagine a few may jump on the Prince Pretty bandwagon with Cesaro out.

3 gameweeks remaining...

220px-The_official_poster_of_survivor_series_2015.jpeg

The first show of this three-show week, Survivor Series, has come and gone and it proved to be a memorable show.

For ourselves, this week not only sees the conclusion of the Fantasy Cup Final but also had a special PPV bonus on offer for anyone who could correctly predict who would leave the show as champion. Only one player guessed correctly and that was myself; as a result, I pocket an extra 3 points for that.

I will begin by revealing the latest score in the Cup Final, and then go on to show everyone's total scores for the PPV. Lastly, I'll highlight the latest in our league table. Read on for more...

*Warning - Survivor Series spoilers lie below. Do not read further if you do not want the results from the PPV.*

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Final (Latest Score)

Final

LeeJM 31 - 27 DM_7

Fantasy Cup Fallout

An exciting start to the final sees very little in it between the two men. DM_7's side have been hit by news that Cesaro looks to be out injured, but DM_7 does have a New Day member unlike LeeJM, and a strong week for the group could see him cut the lead back.

Keep an eye out on their captaincy choices this week too: DM_7 has gone with Roman Reigns; LeeJM has gone with Kevin Owens.

Who will have the advantage after Raw?

And now here is how everyone fared for Survivor Series...

Survivor Series scores

Mr.Nice Guy.......................35 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................33 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.................33 pts
    linvoysblues.......................33 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy.............32 pts
    LeeJM................................31 pts
    Scavenger XIII...................31 pts
    DM_7................................27 pts
    beakerjoe..........................25 pts
    Stereomaniac.....................21 pts
    thebostoncrab.....................19 pts
    Hashtag_Heel.....................15 pts
    Zemuppet...........................8 pts

Survivor Series Fallout

Some very big scores this week due to several stars doing double duty - triple duty in Reigns's case - and yours truly ended up with the highest score, helped by rightly predicting Sheamus to walk out of Survivor Series as the champion.

The average score for Survivor Series was a very big 26 points.

And now let us see where it all leaves our league table...

Gameweek 22 Standings (post-PPV)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................610 points

2. LeeJM...............................................................................590 points

3. Bounty Hunter....................................................................587 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................584 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................582 points

6. DM_7...............................................................................555 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................531 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................518 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................508 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................466 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................413 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................407 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................350 points

League Fallout

Yet again I find myself congratulating the leader Cheese Wagstaff who edges further ahead, now enjoying a lead of twenty points at the top. It is not an insurmountable lead, but time is running out to claw it back. Will we see the lead cut after Raw, or will it be further extended?

In other news, I edge ahead of A Brad Maddox Guy to take fourth place but it remains very close just below the top.

A strong score from linvoysblues sees him reclaims eighth position from Stereomaniac.

Survivor Series results

Neville & Titus O'Neill & Goldust & The Dudley Boyz defeated The Miz & Bo Dallas & Stardust & The Ascension

Roman Reigns defeated Alberto Del Rio

Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens

Ryback, The Usos and The Lucha Dragons defeated The New Day, Sheamus and King Barrett

Charlotte defeated Paige

Tyler Breeze defeated Dolph Ziggler

Undertaker and Kane defeated Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper

Roman Reigns defeated Dean Ambrose

Sheamus cashed in his MITB briefcase and defeated Roman Reigns

170px-Sheamus_WWE.jpg

Sheamus is once again on top of the mountain, and with just two players having him in their squad will you be looking at him as an option for the remainder of the game?

Elsewhere, Tyler Breeze is starting to look a good investment while Charlotte looks by far the best female option at the moment.

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along before the game concludes is welcome to do so. Just post up a seven-person squad and we will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league.

That's it for the PPV update. On to Raw now to see where we stand...

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

Raw has concluded and so we find ourselves with just one show remaining in this three-show week. I'll begin with the latest in the Cup Final and then move on to the total scores and the latest league standings. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Final (Latest Score)

Final

LeeJM 40 - 37 DM_7

Fantasy Cup Fallout

Raw has resulted in LeeJM's lead being narrowed by a point which means this final is going right down to the final show and will be decided based on what happens on Smackdown.

I mentioned previously that in the event of the final ending as a draw, the captaincy choice will separate the player. LeeJM stuck his captaincy on Kevin Owens who so far has scored 2 points this week; DM_7 has stuck his captaincy on Roman Reigns who so far has 10 points scored this week.

So it is safe to say if it ends in a draw then DM_7 will win it on the captaincy call. That means LeeJM will have to hold on to his lead in order to win the tournament. Can he do it or will DM_7 claw back to win?

I'm looking forward to Smackdown to find out the answer.

Now here are everyone's scores for Raw...

Monday Night Raw scores

Scavenger XIII...................16 pts
    linvoysblues.......................14 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................12 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.................12 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.......................11 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy.............10 pts
    DM_7................................10 pts
    Hashtag_Heel.....................10 pts
    Zemuppet..........................10 pts
    LeeJM.................................9 pts
    thebostoncrab......................9 pts
    beakerjoe...........................8 pts
    Stereomaniac......................6 pts

Raw Fallout

It is Scavenger XIII who secures the biggest score for Raw with wins for his captain Ambrose, plus Reigns and Neville bringing home most of the points.

The average score for Raw this week was 11 points.

And now for the latest in our league table...

Gameweek 22 Standings (post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................622 points

2. Bounty Hunter....................................................................599 points

= LeeJM...............................................................................599 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................595 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................592 points

5. DM_7...............................................................................565 points

6. Scavenger XIII..................................................................547 points

7. linvoysblues......................................................................532 points

8. Stereomaniac....................................................................514 points

9. beakerjoe.........................................................................474 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................423 points

11. thebostoncrab..................................................................416 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................360 points

League Fallout

Once more kudos is due to Cheese Wagstaff who further extends his lead at the top, now enjoying a strong lead of twenty-three points. He is not over the finishing line just yet but it will take a special comeback to deny him. Perhaps now is the time for his rivals to gamble and consider some radical change-ups to their squads in order to try and gain some ground.

The other main news concerns Bounty Hunter who now moves level with LeeJM in second place. It remains very congested just below top spot.

Raw results

Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper defeated The Dudley Boyz

Sasha Banks defeated Becky Lynch

Neville defeated Mark Henry

Goldust and The Prime Time Players defeated Stardust and The Ascension

Charlotte vs Paige ended in a double count-out

Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler defeated Kevin Owens and Tyler Breeze

Roman Reigns defeated Rusev via D.Q.

220px-Sasha_Banks_vs._Paige.jpg

Sasha Banks picks up a decent win. Currently no player has her in their squad. Is she worth turning to for the final few weeks? Also Rusev's return from injury may see a few players turn to the Bulgarian.

Meanwhile, it looks like Goldust is back on a regular basis. I aim to add him as a middle-tier option later in the week.

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along before the game concludes is welcome to do so. Just post up a seven-person squad and we will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league.

That finishes the Raw update. On to Smackdown for the latest in the league and to see whether LeeJM or DM_7 gets the bragging rights and wins the final.

I will have the Smackdown results up shortly but before that I want to add Goldust to the game.

170px-Goldust_WWE.jpg

He has picked up two wins out of two since his return and he is available as a mid-tier option.

The Tiers in Full:

Top Tier

Men

1. Alberto Del Rio
    2. Big Show
    3. Bray Wyatt
    4. Dean Ambrose
    5. John Cena
    6. Kevin Owens
    7. Randy Orton
    8. Roman Reigns
    9. Ryback
    10. Seth Rollins
    11. Sheamus

Women

1. Nikki Bella
    2. Paige
    3. Sasha Banks
    4. Charlotte
    5. Becky Lynch

Middle Tier

Men

1. Big E
    2. Braun Strowman
    3. Bubba Ray Dudley
    4. Cesaro
    5. Darren Young
    6. Dolph Ziggler
    7. D-Von Dudley
    8. Erick Rowan
    9. Goldust (New addition)
    10. Jack Swagger
    11. Jey Uso
    12. Jimmy Uso
    13. Joey Mercury
    14. Kane
    15. King Barrett
    16. Kofi Kingston
    17. Luke Harper
    18. Mark Henry
    19. The Miz
    20. Neville
    21. Rusev
    22. R-Truth
    23. Stardust
    24. Titus O'Neill
    25. Tyler Breeze
    26. Xavier Woods

Women

1. Brie Bella
    2. Naomi
    3. Natalya
    4. Summer Rae
    5. Tamina
    6. Alicia Fox

Bottom Tier

Men

1. Adam Rose
    2. Bo Dallas
    3. Curtis Axel
    4. Diego
    5. Fandango
    6. Fernando
    7. Heath Slater
    8. Kalisto
    9. Konnor
    10. Victor
    11. Macho Mandow
    12. Sin Cara
    13. Zack Ryder

Women

1. Cameron
    2. Emma
    3. Layla
    4. Rosa

275px-New_WWE_SmackDown_Logo_2015.png

Smackdown has come and gone and for us that means the conclusion of not only the gameweek, but also the Fantasy Cup Final.

I can reveal that the final result was extraordinarily close and that there was almost nothing in it in the end.

For the result, and the latest in the league, read on...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Final (Result)

Final

LeeJM 50 - 48 DM_7

Fantasy Cup Fallout

Congratulations to the winner of the 2015 PW Boards Fantasy Cup...LeeJM!

In a nailbiting finish, DM_7 further bridged the gap to his opponent but was unable to overturn the deficit. To put into perspective how close this match was, DM_7 had a New Day member (Big E) whilst LeeJM did not; and so if the New Day had won on Smackdown then DM_7 would have been the winner! I hoped to see a dramatic final worthy of the contest and the two lads certainly provided it.

Commiserations to DM_7 who can be very happy with his performance in every round.

Here is a look in full at the Cup Winner LeeJM's path to victory...

Group Stages

LeeJM 38 - 36 Mr.Nice Guy

LeeJM 17 - 14 beakerjoe

LeeJM 19 - 5 linvoysblues

Quarter-Final

LeeJM 51 - 47 Scavenger XIII

Semi-Final

LeeJM 65 - 59 A Brad Maddox Guy

Final

LeeJM 50 - 48 DM_7

It's been a long road for LeeJM but he has proven himself the king of the knock-out tournament and he picks up the first achievement of the game this year. Whatever happens between now and the end he can relax somewhat in knowing he has something to show for his efforts. Well done to him.

Now let us look at the Smackdown scores in full for this week:
    Smackdown scores

Scavenger XIII....................16 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy........................14 pts
    beakerjoe...........................11 pts
    Bounty Hunter.....................11 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff..................11 pts
    DM_7.................................11 pts
    linvoysblues........................11 pts
    Stereomaniac......................10 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy..............10 pts
    LeeJM.................................10 pts
    Hashtag_Heel........................7 pts
    thebostoncrab........................6 pts
    Zemuppet.............................4 pts

Smackdown Fallout

Scavenger XIII secures the biggest score for Smackdown with wins for Kalisto, Paige, and his captain Dean Ambrose bringing in most of the points.

Most of the scores were quite similar for Smackdown this week with an overall average of 10 points.

And finally here is how it leaves our league table...

Gameweek 22 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................633 points

2. Bounty Hunter....................................................................610 points

3. LeeJM...............................................................................609 points

= Mr.Nice Guy.......................................................................609 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................602 points

5. DM_7...............................................................................576 points

6. Scavenger XIII..................................................................563 points

7. linvoysblues......................................................................543 points

8. Stereomaniac....................................................................525 points

9. beakerjoe.........................................................................485 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................430 points

11. thebostoncrab..................................................................422 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................364 points

League Fallout

The man at the top remains Cheese Wagstaff. Well done to him on finishing the week with a lead of 23 points. The league leader has thrown down the gauntlet as we enter the final three weeks of the contest and is daring the rest of us to chase him down.

The other news concerns second place where Bounty Hunter has taken the spot solely for himself; meanwhile LeeJM finds yours truly nestling up beside him in third place.

Smackdown results

The Dudley Boyz defeated Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman via D.Q.

Paige defeated Becky Lynch

Jack Swagger defeated Alberto Del Rio via D.Q.

The Lucha Dragons defeated Big E and Kofi

Dean Ambrose defeated Tyler Breeze and Dolph Ziggler in a triple threat
    220px-Jack_Swagger_Tribute_to_the_Troops_2010.jpg

Jack Swagger picks up a win, albeit it by D.Q.; no squad has him in their ranks. Is it time to consider getting him involved?

Paige gets back to winning ways as well. Maybe it is time to consider her also. Only two squads have her currently.

Here are the performers who were the best options for Gameweek #22:

Top points scorers for Gameweek 22

1. The Lucha Dragons 12 points

2. Dean Ambrose 10 points

= Roman Reigns 10 points

3. The Dudley Boyz 9 points

Note - appearance points included

The Lucha Dragons continue to show their worth and it's been a good week for the former Shield guys Reigns and Ambrose. Most players have these guys in theiir sides but only one squad has a member of The Dudley Boyz. Perhaps they are worth a punt at this late stage in the game?

On to Gameweek #23...

Deadline

The deadline for everyone will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw, so you have tonight, all weekend, plus Monday to make transfers and/or submit your squad.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Good Luck

We've just three weeks left in the game and it's very much a game of catch-up in the league as Cheese Wagstaff looks to secure victory.

Can he be caught? I believe it's possible. With the remaining shows - that includes a final week with four shows (TLC PPV, Raw, Smackdown, and NXT Takeover:London) - that leaves us with 8 shows in total to play for. That's a lot of points in the mix. Of course, just because it can be done doesn't mean it will be done.

I reckon in these late stages it might be worth taking some risky moves to try and close gaps.

Choose your strategies well because Gameweek #23 is now open for business.

And congrats once again to LeeJM on his win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose Out Becky Lynch In
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Charlotte Flair
    TOP TIER - Sheamus

MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston
    MID-TIER - Big E. Langston

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

Captain: Sheamus

Well done LeeJM

Well deserved cup winner. Unbeaten throughout.

The one time I managed to top the leaderboard was thanks to Cesaro. His injury then hurt me in the cup. It's a funny old game.

Thanks (as always) to MNG for running a great competition.

• Advertisement

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Charlotte
    TOP TIER: Alberto Del Rio
    MID-TIER: Cesaro

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Sasha Banks
    TOP TIER: Ryback
    MID-TIER: Neville

Full Squad for Gameweek 23:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns