Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Another Raw is done and dusted and it is a Raw that has had dramatic consequences for our league table. 'Raw is Rusev' might be an appropriate name for this episode.

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 3 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff.................................................................71 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy.......................................................................50 points

3. Bounty Hunter....................................................................44 points

4. LeeJM................................................................................43 points

5. DM_7................................................................................41 points

6. linvoysblues.......................................................................40 points

7. Stereomaniac.....................................................................38 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy.............................................................36 points

9. Scavenger XIII...................................................................33 points

10. thebostoncrab.................................................................. 26 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................25 points

= Zemuppet .........................................................................25 points

12. beakerjoe .......................................................................24 points

The league leader Cheese Wagstaff is now leaving the rest of us coughing up dust as he roars into a lead of 21 points. Not only did he jump on the Bulgarian Brute's bandwagon but he was the only one to stick the captaincy on his shoulders, earning 16 pts for that alone. Another win for Titus O'Neill again proved helpful and his total score of 22 points was the highest for Raw.

The second-highest score went to linvoysblues with wins for Rusev, Ryback and Orton helping him as he acquired an overall total of 15 points.

The average points score for Raw was 8.3.
    Raw results

Ryback and Randy Orton defeated Big Show and Sheamus.

Prime Time Players and Mark Henry defeated Big E, Kofi and Xavier Woods.

R-Truth defeated King Barrett.

Rusev defeated Kevin Owens and Cesaro.

Rusev defeated John Cena via disqualification.

Stardust defeated Neville.

Those who brought in Rusev were certainly well rewarded as the Bulgarian ended up doing double duty and was presented strong in both bouts. Those of us without him must now surely consider transferring him for next week.

Raw also saw an introduction of new NXT women's wrestlers and they will be added to the game once this gameweek wraps up after Smackdown.

New entrants

If you wish to join the party, post up a seven-person squad and we'll add you to the table with the same points score as the lowest participant.

Just two things I want to point out before I post the table following Smackdown...

I have added the newly called-up NXT women to the game; from now on Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Becky Lynch will be available as top tier picks.

The Tiers in full
    Top Tier

Men

1. Big Show
    2. Bray Wyatt
    3. Dean Ambrose
    4. John Cena
    5. Kevin Owens
    6. Randy Orton
    7. Roman Reigns
    8. Ryback
    9. Seth Rollins
    10. Sheamus

Women

1. Nikki Bella
    2. Paige
    3. Sasha Banks (new addition)
    4. Charlotte (new addition)
    5. Becky Lynch (new addition)

Middle Tier

Men

1. Big E
    2. Cesaro
    3. Darren Young
    4. Dolph Ziggler
    5. Jack Swagger
    6. Joey Mercury
    7. Kane
    8. King Barrett
    9. Kofi Kingston
    10. Luke Harper
    11. Mark Henry
    12. The Miz
    13. Neville
    14. Rusev
    15. R-Truth
    16. Stardust
    17. Titus O'Neill
    18. Xavier Woods

Women

1. Brie Bella
    2. Naomi
    3. Natalya
    4. Summer Rae
    5. Tamina
    6. Alicia Fox

Bottom Tier

Men

1. Adam Rose
    2. Bo Dallas
    3. Curtis Axel
    4. Diego
    5. Fandango
    6. Fernando
    7. Heath Slater
    8. Kalisto
    9. Konnor
    10. Victor
    11. Macho Mandow
    12. Sin Cara
    13. Zack Ryder

Women

1. Cameron
    2. Emma
    3. Layla
    4. Rosa

Note: I have omitted non-regular performers such as Brock Lesnar, The Rock and Triple H, as well as those on the injury list.

Note #2: If you feel someone belongs in a different tier, feel free to suggest as much.

Once again, here is a quick reminder of the system:

Choose 4 performers from the top tier: each win = 2 pts
    Choose 2 performers from the middle tier: each win = 3 pts
    Choose 1 performer from the bottom tier: each win = 5 pts
    Each match appearance earns 1 point
    Your captaincy selection earns double points.

Also...

Battleground PPV

This week is a PPV week and so we will be awarded points based on Battleground, Raw and Smackdown. I will touch on this again in my next post.

Just be aware that the deadline for Gameweek 4 will be Sunday evening and NOT Monday evening as with previous weeks.

The final Smackdown before the Battleground PPV has taken place and that means the end of Gameweek 3. In truth, the show saw minimal changes to our table, but the lead at the top has been reduced - albeit very slightly; still, it gives the rest of us hope. And with Gameweek 4 set to involve Battleground, plus Raw and Smackdown, there is a hell of a lot of points to play for.

*Note - Smackdown info lies below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 3 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff.................................................................78 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy.......................................................................60 points

3. LeeJM................................................................................57 points

4. Bounty Hunter.....................................................................54 points

5. DM_7.................................................................................51 points

6. linvoysblues........................................................................50 points

= Scavenger XIII....................................................................50 points

7. Stereomaniac......................................................................48 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy..............................................................42 points

9. thebostoncrab.....................................................................35 points

10. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................34 points

11. beakerjoe ........................................................................32 points

12. Zemuppet ........................................................................29 points

Yet again the leader remains Cheese Wagstaff. The question is, can he retain his commanding lead with a PPV and two TV shows coming up? Time will tell!

The highest score for Smackdown went to Scavenger XIII with a very impressive total score of 17 points. Wins for both of his mid-tier guys Cesaro and Neville proved helpful, as did his captaincy selection of Roman Reigns.

The second highest score went to LeeJM with a total of 14 points. As with Scavenger XIII, Lee was helped by his mid-tier guys winning (Kofi Kingston and Neville).

The average points score for Smackdown was 9.5. Are you hitting those averages?
    Smackdown results

Big E and Kofi defeated The Lucha Dragons

King Barrett defeated Jack Swagger

Cesaro defeated Rusev

Neville defeated Stardust

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Sheamus and Big Show via D.Q.

On to Gameweek 4... (PPV Week :cool:)

Deadline

As touched on in my previous post, this week is the first week in the game to involve a PPV, PLUS Raw and Smackdown. Cool thing here is we shouldn't have to sweat over who will appear and who won't since most of the card should be known prior to the event.

The deadline for submitted squads will be before the first match on the Battleground card (this includes any pre-show match, so keep that in mind). You therefore have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to make up your minds.

Transfers

You have the option of making 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

As noted in my earlier post, Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Becky Lynch are now available for selection as top-tier performers.

Captain

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Not playing, but interested?

New entrants are welcome. Just select a 7-person squad based on the rules mentioned at the start of the thread. We will provide you with points equal to that of the lowest participant's score.

Now is a great time to join with a PPV on the horizon. It will mean lots of points on offer, and may well make Battleground a more enjoyable spectacle.

Good luck

That's about it for now. Best of luck.

P.S. one thing I'm wondering: since the Rusev bandwagon did so well last week will you be jumping aboard the NXT women's wagon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Has to be said, RAW was hilarious for me with my whole top tier coming to the ring... then not having matches. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Battleground PPV

This week is a PPV week and so we will be awarded points based on Battleground, Raw and Smackdown. I will touch on this again in my next post.

Just be aware that the deadline for Gameweek 4 will be Sunday evening and NOT Monday evening as with previous weeks.

Ah feck, I thought that was part of this week & the only reason I didn't bring in Rusev. Though in saying that I have Ryback captained & he got injured so possible blessing in disguise.

• Advertisement

Ah feck, I thought that was part of this week & the only reason I didn't bring in Rusev. Though in saying that I have Ryback captained & he got injured so possible blessing in disguise.

I did consider that, but I realised if I finished off the gameweek with the PPV that would just leave everyone with one day before the start of the next gameweek (as Raw is just the next day).

By starting off the gameweek with the PPV that means people can have all weekend to plan for the next gameweek rather than just the one day.

Hope that makes sense, :pac:

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Ryback
    TOP TIER: Dean Ambrose
    MID TIER: Brie Bella

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Seth Rollins
    TOP TIER: Sasha Banks
    MID TIER: Kofi Kingston

Full Squad for Gameweek 4:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Seth Rollins
    TOP TIER - Randy Orton
    TOP TIER - Sasha Banks

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston

BOTTOM TIER - Konnor

My captain: Randy Orton

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

with the PPV in mind as well as next week, time for some transfers.

Thinking there are too many Divas to pick one when you consider you usually only have 1 Divas match on Raw (and atm there is no ppv match announced) but then again who knows maybe we will get loads of 6 diva tags. Then im also backing Owens (making his debut on team BH) to win the US title and Barett to get his PPV win back from Truth and be the most likely mid tier guy to appear on all 3 shows.

Top Tier
    Sheamus
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Nikki BellaKevin Owens

Mid Tier
    Rusev
    CesaroKing Barrett

Bottom Tier
    Bo Dallas

Captain
    SheamusKing Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Cena out, Kevin Owens in.

Seth Rollins
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Sheamus

Rusev - (Captain)
    Titus O'Neil

Kalisto

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I have changes to my team so:

Top Tier: Out John Cena, In Kevin Owens.
    Top Tier: Out Sheamus, In Paige
    Mid tier Out: Neville, In Cesaro
    Captain - Cesaro

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Paige
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Rusev
    Cesaro - Captain

Bottom Tier:
    Bo Dallas

• Advertisement

Ryback OUT Roman Reigns IN
    The Miz OUT Titus O'Neil IN
    Sheamus OUT Randy Orton IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    John Cena
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier
    Titus O'Neil
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Randy Orton

Final reminder that the deadline for tonight is before the start of the pre-show match for Battleground (scheduled to be R-Truth vs King Barrett).

I hope to have the post-PPV table up around tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Ryback out - Owens in
    Stardust out - Titus in (as Captain)
    Neville out - Derren Young in

Current Line Up:

Owens
    Reigns
    Orton
    Wyatt

Titus O'Neill (C)
    Darren Young

Sin Cara

The first of three shows this week has come and gone - WWE Batleground - and it has caused some interesting changes to our table. Read on below.

*Warning - Battleground spoilers lie below. Do not read further if you do not want the results from the PPV.*

Gameweek 4 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. Cheese Wagstaff..................................................................86 points

2. linvoysblues........................................................................70 points

= Mr.Nice Guy........................................................................70 points

3. Bounty Hunter.....................................................................66 points

4. LeeJM................................................................................64 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy.............................................................58 points

6. Stereomaniac.....................................................................57 points

7. DM_7................................................................................54 points

8. Scavenger XIII...................................................................53 points

9. thebostoncrab.....................................................................40 points

10. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................39 points

11. beakerjoe ........................................................................38 points

12. Zemuppet ........................................................................37 points

Still top of the pile is Cheese Wagstaff, but those below continue to gnaw away at his lead, with the difference at the top now cut to a strong but not insurmountable 16 points.

The highest score for Battleground went to linvoysblues with a whopping twenty points lifting him from sixth place up to joint second. His decision to trust in the team of Titus O’Neill (his captain) and Darren Young paid off in a big way.

The second highest score for the PPV went to A Brad Maddox Guy with Titus O’Neill again proving useful, along with the decision to stick the captaincy on Randy Orton. His 16 points takes him from eighth place up to fifth.

The average score for Battleground was 8.6 pts.

Battleground results

King Barrett defeated R-Truth

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus

Prime Time Players defeated Big E and Kofi Kingston

Bray Wyatt defeated Roman Reigns

Charlotte defeated Brie Bella and Sasha Banks

John Cena defeated Kevin Owens

Brock Lesnar and Seth Rollins fought to a no-contest

Dad-of-the-year Titus O'Neill continues to lay down the law and those who have him, especially those who had the guts to captain him, have been well rewarded.

Elsewhere, does a win for King Barrett signify a boost to Barrett's fortunes at long last? Is Reigns still worth a place in light of his loss? How will the Divas division fare in the week ahead? And will we see a strong showing on Raw and Smackdown for the guys who didn't feature at the PPV? (Cesaro, Rusev, et. al) Onward to Raw and Smackdown to find out...

New entrants

Those interested in playing along may do so, if they wish. Post up a seven-person squad and we'll add you to the table with the same points score as the lowest participant.

The second of our three-show week is in the books. It has meant some very interesting changes to our leaderboard - the title race looks to be hotting up.

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 4 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff.................................................................94 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy.......................................................................86 points

3. linvoysblues.......................................................................80 points

4. Bounty Hunter....................................................................72 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy.............................................................71 points

6. LeeJM...............................................................................70 points

7. DM_7.......................... .....................................................68 points

= Stereomaniac.....................................................................68 points

8. Scavenger XIII...................................................................64 points

9. beakerjoe..........................................................................46 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................45 points

= Zemuppet .........................................................................45 points

11. thebostoncrab...................................................................44 points

Raw fallout

Cheese Wagstaff remains the one to beat but his lead at the top has been cut further still; the margin at the top is now 8 points. Will he be toppled?

Highest score for Raw went to yours truly with 16 pts helping me to secure second spot. Sasha Banks and Cesaro helped me out, as did my captain Randy Orton.

The second-best score for Raw went to DM_7 with 14 points in total. He had the best return from a captain with his decision to trust in Cesaro rewarding him with 8 points alone.

Also doing well was A Brad Maddox Guy who continues his strong week with 13 points. He was helped by sticking the captaincy on Orton, plus wins for Cena and Reigns.

The average points return for Raw was 9.3

Raw Results

Charlotte defeated Brie Bella

Los Matadores defeated Prime Time Players

Big Show defeated The Miz

Roman Reigns defeated Luke Harper via D.Q.

Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Paige and Becky Lynch

John Cena, Cesaro and Randy Orton defeated Kevin Owens, Rusev and Sheamus

The shock of the night had to be the PTP losing. Titus in particular is popular in a lot of squads. The new women also showed their worth with wins for Charlotte and Sasha Banks. Surely a win for Becky must be on the horizon? Something to think about? Cesaro continues to look a worthy acquisition at the moment too.

New entrants

Anyone who wants to play can join in by posting up a seven-person squad. We will allocate you points level with the lowest entrant. Think you can climb the table?

That's about it. Nothing else to say except bring on Smackdown.

The final instalment of our three-show week, Smackdown, is in the record books; and it has had a big impact on the table. Read on to see how things shape up at the end of Gameweek 4.

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 4 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................109 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy.......................................................................91 points

3. Bounty Hunter....................................................................83 points

4. LeeJM...............................................................................82 points

5. linvoysblues.......................................................................81 points

6. DM_7................................................................................78 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy.............................................................74 points

8. Scavenger XIII...................................................................73 points

9. Stereomaniac.....................................................................71 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................59 points

= thebostoncrab....................................................................59 points

11. beakerjoe........................................................................55 points

12. Zemuppet .......................................................................53 points

As you can see, despite the lead of Cheese Wagstaff being eroded all week, the man who has been at the top since day one has reasserted control. His score of 15 points was the joint-highest of the week, with wins for Rollins, Sheamus and his captain Rusev bringing home the big return. He started the gameweek with an 18 point lead, and he ends the gameweek with an 18 point lead. He is also the first one to pass the 100 mark. Again we have to ask ourselves the question - can he be toppled?

Sharing the highest score for the round with Cheese Wagstaff is thebostoncrab. His captain Neville brought him 8 of his 15 points, and lifts him off the bottom of the table.

Not far behind was Hashtag_Heel whose 14 points keeps him level at tenth place with thebostoncrab. Wins for Rollins and Neville, plus his captain Sheamus, helped him amass the score.

The average points tally for Smackdown was 8.8.

Smackdown results

Sheamus defeated Dean Ambrose

Neville defeated Adam Rose

Rusev defeated Kevin Owens via countout

Nikki and Brie Bella defeated Naomi and Sasha Banks

Seth Rollins defeated Cesaro

This was a Smackdown where you likely did either very well or very poorly. A lot of people who did well for Raw had a tough time with Smackdown (like me, d'oh).

Rusev continues to look strong value, while Neville is starting to look a good investment at long last. Questions probably have to be raised about Dean Ambrose who is looking more and more like a mid-tier guy the way things are going. Something to keep an eye on.

On to Gameweek 5...

Deadline

With the PPV done, we focus once again solely on Raw and Smackdown. The deadline for submitted squads is before the start of Monday Night Raw, so you have all weekend plus Monday to get your thinking caps on.
    Transfers

You know the drill. You have the option of making 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Captain

New players

If you want to play, you can join in by posting up a seven-person squad. We will allocate you points level with the lowest entrant. Think you can climb the table?

Good luck

That's about it. Best of luck for next week.

P.S. Feel free (if you want) to share tips on who you think will do well, or who you think is proving a dud, ahead of next week. Personally I think Becky Lynch could be a good shout as she's the only NXT woman yet to bag a win so far.

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Sasha Banks
    BOTTOM TIER: Konnor

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Becky Lynch
    BOTTOM TIER: Diego

Full Squad for Gameweek 5:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Seth Rollins
    TOP TIER - Randy Orton
    TOP TIER - Becky Lynch

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston

BOTTOM TIER - Diego

My captain: Roman Reigns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Top Tier
    Captain John Cena
    The Big Show
    Paige Becky Lynch
    Sheamus

Middle Tier
    Kofi Kingston
    Big E. Langston

Lower Tier
    Konnor O'Brian

Top Tier
    Sheamus
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Kevin Owens Becky Lynch

Mid Tier
    Rusev
    King Barrett Neville

Bottom Tier
    Bo Dallas

Captain
    King BarrettNeville

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Kevin Owens out, Becky Lynch in.

Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Roman Reigns
    Becky Lynch

Rusev - (Captain)
    Titus O'Neil

Kalisto

• Advertisement

Seth Rollins OUT Becky Lynch IN
    Big E OUT Rusev IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    John Cena
    Roman Reigns
    Becky Lynch

Mid Tier
    Titus O'Neil
    Rusev

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Rusev

Top Tier: Out Roman Reigns, In John Cena.
    Top Tier: Out Paige, In Randy Orton
    Bottom tier Out: Bo Dallas, In Sin Cara
    Captain - Cesaro

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens
    John Cena
    Randy Orton
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Rusev
    Cesaro - Captain

Bottom Tier:
    Sin Cara

Monday Night Raw has come and gone, and now it's time to check out the state of play for our leaderboard.

Gameweek 5 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................119 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy.......................................................................99 points

3. LeeJM...............................................................................97 points

4. Bounty Hunter....................................................................95 points

5. DM_7................................................................................92 points

6. linvoysblues.......................................................................91 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy.............................................................89 points

8. Stereomaniac.....................................................................83 points

9. Scavenger XIII...................................................................80 points

10. thebostoncrab...................................................................79 points

11. beakerjoe........................................................................71 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................66 points

13. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................65 points

Raw Fallout

Cheese Wagstaff stays strong at the top with a margin of twenty points, but there are now several players very much back in the title hunt, capitalising on a below-average result from yours truly.

While there was change at the top half, the biggest returns came from the bottom half of our table. The highest score went to the squad of thebostoncrab with 20 pts amassed; all of his top tier guys featured and there were wins for his captain Neville, as well as Kalisto.

Next best score went to beakerjoe who, like thebostoncrab, had Neville and Kalisto in his squad to bring home a strong score of 16 pts.

The average score for Raw was a high one this week: 12.1 pts.

Raw results

Big Show defeated Dean Ambrose via count-out

Neville defeated Fandango

Sasha Banks defeated Paige

Lucha Dragons defeated Los Matadores

Becky Lynch and Charlotte defeated Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox

Randy Orton defeated Kevin Owens via D.Q.

John Cena defeated Seth Rollins

The big result from our point of view was the match involving two bottom-tier teams, the Lucha Dragons and Los Matadores, with a win for the Lucha Dragons proving a great help for many teams; is it now a necessity to bring in one of these team members? Elsewhere, the NXT women continue to look strong, and Neville continues to prove very helpful to those who have him.

New entrants

Anyone who wants to play can join in by posting up a seven-person squad. We will allocate you points level with the lowest entrant. Think you can climb our league?

That's about everything, so on we go to Smackdown.

Smackdown has come and gone which means the end of Gameweek 5; and it has certainly left its mark on proceedings, particularly near the top of the leaderboard. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 5 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................135 points

2. DM_7...............................................................................121 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................116 points

4. LeeJM..............................................................................108 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................103 points

6. Bounty Hunter....................................................................101 points

7. linvoysblues........................................................................98 points

8. Scavenger XIII....................................................................93 points

9. thebostoncrab......................................................................88 points

10. Stereomaniac....................................................................86 points

11. beakerjoe.........................................................................79 points

12. Zemuppet.........................................................................69 points

13. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................68 points

Smackdown Fallout

Hats off to Cheese Wagstaff who remains top dog for the fifth week in a row - having led the game since the beginning - but interestingly, observe who is now his nearest challenger...

Yes, DM_7 scores the highest score for Smackdown with a staggering 29 points acquired which shoots him from fifth position up to second place. DM_7 stuck his captaincy on Cesaro, and the Swiss doing double duty (and scoring two wins), plus victories for Rusev and Sin Cara, meant such a mammoth score was amassed. This score incidentally I believe is the largest score so far in the game for a single show.

The second best score for Smackdown went to yours truly with 17 points scored; Cesaro and Diego of Los Matadores proved very helpful for me. Just behind me was the league leader Cheese Wagstaff on 16 points, with his total resulting mainly from his captain Rusev, plus Kalisto.

The average score for Smackdown was 10.7 pts.

Smackdown results

Cesaro defeated Seth Rollins via D.Q.

Los Matadores & The Lucha Dragons defeated Kofi Kingston, Big E & The Ascension

Rusev defeated Jack Swagger

Stardust defeated R-Truth

Dean Ambrose & Cesaro defeated Seth Rollins & Kevin Owens

Clearly this Smackdown was the Cesaro show with Cesaro's double duty proving hugely helpful for those who have him. The Swiss seems to be receiving a big push and perhaps he is now entering must-have territory? Elsewhere, bottom-tier teams the Lucha Dragons and Los Matadores scored a win which will catch a lot of attention. On the downside, with no Reigns or Orton figuring are these stars now a liability?

On to Gameweek 6...

Deadline

The deadline will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw, so you have all weekend plus Monday to make transfers and/or submit your squad.

Transfers

You know the drill. You have the option of making 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Captaincy

New players

If you want to play, you can join in by posting up a seven-person squad. We will allocate you points level with the lowest entrant. Think you can climb the table?

Good luck

I think that's about everything. Best of luck for the week ahead. Who will you be putting your faith in?

P.S. I forgot to ask this before but if you feel there are people who ought to be moved to a separate tier, either up or down, feel free to offer suggestions. Here is a post with the most recently updated tiers included:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

TOP TIER - John Cena Seth Rollins
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose Charlotte
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens

MID-TIER - Neville
    MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston Cesaro

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain: Cesaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I just realised I've forgot to change my captain in like 3 weeks so I've lost tons of points with it still on Reigns. :pac:

Taking a chance on Cody this week who I assume will get plenty of screen time to play up his social media Arrow business and rotating my Divas of the week to Lady Flair.

Top Tier
    Sheamus
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Becky LynchCharlotte

Mid Tier
    Rusev Stardust
    Neville

Bottom Tier
    Bo DallasKalisto

Captain
    NevilleStardust

I have two important announcements about the game to make.

Announcement #1 - Finishing Line

We are approaching Gameweek #6 of the contest and I have singled out the week of the final PPV of the year - TLC 2015 - as being a suitable date to bring the game to a close. This is the week beginning December 14th which by my calculations will be Gameweek #25.

I have chosen this date because I know things tend to slow down in WWE (and life generally) when Christmas approaches. By choosing this particular date therefore I hope to have the game end while the busy period is still in full swing. We are about a quarter of the way through the game at this stage so there is still a long way to go but at least now you have an idea of when the game will finish.

Annoucement #2 - Cup Fever!

We have been battling up to now in the PW Boards Fantasy League. I am now aiming to launch very soon the PW Boards Fantasy Cup. This game will be a knock-out tournament and will work in addition to the league contest that has been under way since the start this.

The cup tournament will see us competing in direct competition with other squads for a place in the next round of the Cup and I would be looking to have head-to-head match-ups around about every second week. I am looking at Gameweek #8 as being a good time to start.

Ideally 16 teams would be perfect for a cup tournament but we are currently 3 short of that amount. In the event that there are no new entrants to the game in the next fortnight then I will limit the Cup to the top 12 teams in our league table. Anyone under the cut will therefore miss out so if nothing else this will provide an added incentive for those near the foot of the leaderboard to make sure they don't miss out.

If we are compelled to use 12 teams then I will arrange 4 groups of 3 teams with the top two of each group qualifying to the quarter-final stage. The top four in our league will be top seeds, the next top four will be second seeds, and the bottom four will be third seeds. The draw will then determine who winds up with who.

You as participants will not have to do anything extra. It just means that on Cup weeks, the squads you submit will not only determine your league placing but also your performance in the cup as well.

As for anyone reading who is not presently involved in the game, now would be a great time to get involved before the cup game gets under way.

Ending it around Christmas sounds like a good plan since the Draft will be starting soon after. Cup sounds good too. Hope more people join in, this is genuinely the only reason I bother to check out Smackdown results now. And thanks for all the effort you've put into running this so far

• Advertisement

Wow, thank the wrestling gods for Cesaro! Will keep him as captain for loyalty this week.

Top Tier: Out John Cena, In Sasha Banks
    Top Tier: Out Randy Orton, In Roman Reigns
    Mid Tier: Out Rusev , In Neville
    Captain - Cesaro

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens
    Sasha Banks
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Neville
    Cesaro - Captain