Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not sure how this has happened, it would be gas if inwas still top at the end of the week and lost my cup match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

275px-New_WWE_SmackDown_Logo_2015.png

With Smackdown now in the books we have completed Gameweek 8 of 25 and we find ourselves one-third of the way through the game. There are presently two big questions to be dealt with: what is the shape of our leaderboard, and who has picked up points in the first round of the Cup? Read on for answers...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 8 Standings

1. DM_7...............................................................................194 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................189 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................186 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................180 points

5. Bounty Hunter...................................................................179 points

6. LeeJM..............................................................................177 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................167 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................159 points

9. thebostoncrab....................................................................133 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................132 points

= Stereomaniac.....................................................................132 points

11. beakerjoe........................................................................128 points

12. Zemuppet.........................................................................96 points

Smackdown Fallout (League)

I posed the question after Raw - could DM_7 see out the Gameweek as the new league leader? Well we have our answer and it's a definite yes as he edges out into a five-point lead. It's all rather tight up there now isn't it? And with a PPV week on the horizon - and thus three shows to pay for - what can the rest of us do to catch up to DM_7?

The highest score for Smackdown went to LeeJM with a very impressive score of 20 pts and it means he's very much in the hunt now. Wins for his captain Neville, as well as Orton, Reigns and Cesaro played a big part in his score.

The second-biggest score went to Scavenger XIII with 19 points scored. The bulk of his score came from his captain Cesaro, as well as wins for Neville, Ambrose and Reigns. Also scoring well for Smackdown were DM_7 and Hashtag_Heel, with scores of 18 and 17 pts respectively.

The average score for Smackdown was higher than usual: 13.8 pts.

Smackdown Fallout (Fantasy Cup)

With Smackdown's scores now added to the scores from Raw, what follows below are the final scores for Gameweek #8. How did you do?

Gameweek #8 Cup Ties (Results)

Group A

Stereomaniac 16 - 26 Cheese Wagstaff

Bounty Hunter 36 - 36 Hashtag_Heel

Group B

thebostoncrab 17 - 39 Scavenger XIII

A Brad Maddox Guy 32 - 38 DM_7

Group C

beakerjoe 21 - 27 linvoysblues

Mr.Nice Guy 36 - 38 LeeJM

A very dramatic game in Group A sees the only draw of the round as Bounty Hunter and Hashtag_Heel's hefty scores leave each of them having to share the spoils. Elsewhere, Cheese Wagstaff put aside the disappointment of losing top spot in the league to record a solid win over Stereomaniac.

The big story of Group B is a dominant win by Scavenger XIII with the highest score of the round. In the other game, a close tie is won by DM_7 over A Brad Maddox Guy and it caps off a sweet week for DM_7.

In Group C, another close tie saw LeeJM come back from being two points down to turn the tables on me and beat me by two points. I was left cursing that Big Show/Ryback match on Smackdown since I have both guys in my squad and I could have nicked a draw had just one of them won - yet it ends up as a double-count-out. Feckin' WWE Creative. Sorry, I had to vent that. Congrats to Lee on a fine win. In the other tie, linvoysblues picks up a solid win to bag 3 points.

It all means the Groups after Round 1 look like so...

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Hashtag_Heel|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Stereomaniac|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Group B|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Scavenger XIII|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    DM_7|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A Brad Maddox Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    thebostoncrab|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Group C|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    linvoysblues|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

I hope those tables are coming across okay. I only discovered Boards had a tables feature a few weeks ago. (P.S. Thanks to the mods on the Help forum for their assistance with that). I hope the groups are easy to read. If not, let me know.

Just to remind you that the top two in each group advance automatically to the last 8, whilst the two best third-placed teams will join them.

The matches for the Second Round take place in TWO WEEKS - Gameweek #10. You can find the second round fixtures in this post from the previous page.

Smackdown results

Ryback vs Big Show ended in a double count-out

Big E, Kofi and Xavier Woods defeated Los Matadores & El Torito

Neville defeated Bo Dallas

Brie Bella defeated Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch

Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Cesaro defeated Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Kevin Owens

On to Gameweek #9 (PPV Week)...

*****ATTENTION - This week we will be choosing an extra pick for our squad. See post #128 for more information. *****

Deadline

As noted above, this week will NOT be a Cup week, but if you thought that meant a slow week for the game, then think again! Summerslam is this week and that means it's a PPV Week where we shall be playing for three shows: Summerslam, Monday Night Raw and Smackdown.

The deadline for Gameweek #9 will thus be on Sunday night before the first match on the Summerslam card (this includes any pre-show match, so keep that in mind).

You therefore have today, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to make up your minds.

Transfers

You know the score. You can make 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Captaincy

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Entry to the Cup is no longer open but anyone who wishes to play in the league may do so by choosing a squad. We will allocate you a place and provide you points level with the lowest player on the leaderboard so you can climb the table. Think you can do better than us?

Good luck

There are more points on offer than usual this week which could mean big gains. Try to make the most of that. You also have the advantage of knowing who will be appearing at Summerslam so there's easy appearance points to be had. Who will you be backing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

With Lesnar & Undertaker both being part time & fighting at Summerslam might it be worth including them as a once off extra tier where everyone can pick one of them in addition to the regular team? Points only go to the winner with the amount being whatever you deem fair?

With Lesnar & Undertaker both being part time & fighting at Summerslam might it be worth including them as a once off extra tier where everyone can pick one of them in addition to the regular team? Points only go to the winner with the amount being whatever you deem fair?

I like that idea. A sort of Summerslam special tier. It might also make the match a more enjoyable spectacle to follow.

I could perhaps offer 3 points for the winner of the bout.

I'll leave the idea open to see what others think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I like the part time tier idea, brings a new level to the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If we're doing that idea then, I pick The Undertaker. This game has improved my viewing considerably.

220px-WWE_summerslam_2015_poster.jpeg

A Brad Maddox Guy has made what I think is a great suggestion for this weekend's PPV Summerslam and it will work as follows: as a special one-off, this weekend we will add to our usual 7-person squad by selecting one of the two men featuring in the main event - Undertaker or Brock Lesnar.

If you correctly predict the winner of the match then you will net yourself an extra 3 points. If you want you can also make either guy your captain (tho' since they are part-timers and unlikely to feature again in the week I'd caution against that. But it's your call).

So when you are choosing your usual 7-person squad just add in at the bottom who you are backing in the main event and you may wind up with a nice bonus that could prove significant when it's all said and done.

It ought to look a bit like this:
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X

MID-TIER - X
    MID-TIER - X

BOTTOM TIER - X

Your captain: X

SUMMERSLAM BONUS TIER: Undertaker or Brock Lesnar

I think the good thing about this is that it makes the main event much more engrossing.

Make sure to remember to make a bonus tier selection as I can't award any points to those who haven't made clear who they think will win.

That's about it. Cheers again to A Brad Maddox Guy on a nifty idea that I wouldn't have thought of, and best of luck to everyone with their bonus tier picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

MNG just wanna say you are doing a super job running this and its made watching WWE much more fun. As far as the cup game, man it was close and I didnt expect to overturn that 2 point gap at all :o

Now the serious business my team for this week is :

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns Sasha Banks
    TOP TIER - Randy Orton Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens

MID-TIER - Neville
    MID-TIER - Cesaro

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain : Kevin Owens

SUMMERFEST BONUS TIER : Brock Lesnar

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Big Show
    TOP TIER: Dean Ambrose
    MID TIER: Naomi

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Sheamus
    TOP TIER: Charlotte
    MID TIER: Neville

Full Squad for Gameweek 9:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Charlotte
    TOP TIER - Ryback

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - Neville

BOTTOM TIER - Sin Cara

My captain: Neville

SUMMERSLAM BONUS TIER: Brock Lesnar

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Sasha Banks out, Becky Lynch in.

Captain this week is going to be The Man that Gravity Forgot.

Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Charlotte
    Becky Lynch

Big E
    Neville - (Captain)

Kalisto

BONUS SPECIAL: Undertaker

• Advertisement

Sasha Banks OUT Paige IN
    Stardust OUT Neville IN
    Seth Rollins OUT Ryback IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    Ryback
    Roman Reigns
    Paige

Mid Tier
    Neville
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Summerslam Bonus
    Brock Lesnar

Captain
    Neville

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Top Tier
    Roman Reigns Becky Lynch
    Seth Rollins
    Kevin Owens
    Sheamus Randy Orton

Mid-Tier
    Neville
    Cesaro

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Team Captain:
    Cesaro Neville

Summerslam Special
    Brock Lesnar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I had planned to anyway but it seems everyone is going with captain Neville. teaming with a celeb he has to be a big fav to win on PPV and he is a guy who could show up on all 3 shows.

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Sasha BanksCharlotte

Mid Tier
    StardustNeville
    CesaroBig E

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Summerslam Special
    Brock Lesnar

Captain
    KalistoNeville

Same roster, new captain

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Neville - Captain
    Cesaro

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Adding Brock to the Summerslam special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

People seem to be confident the celeb guest isn't going to lose. :pac:

So yeah, switching captains to Neville, leaving the rest as is.

Part-timer match could go anywhere but I'll throw my hat in with Taker, because he's Taker.

220px-WWE_summerslam_2015_poster.jpeg

A controversial episode of Summerslam is in the record books and that means we are a third of the way through the gameweek. Of course, this week there was a special Summerslam bonus tier available and only three participants wound up benefitting from the bonus on offer.

(Note - points for the main event match only went to the winner; I did not include appearance points for that one particular match-up. Basically it was a win or bust situation.)

The PPV had a significant effect on our leaderboard. Read on for more.

*Warning - Summerslam spoilers lie below. Do not read further if you do not want the results from the PPV.*

Gameweek 9 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................217 points

2. DM_7...............................................................................214 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................208 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................203 points

5. Bounty Hunter...................................................................202 points

6. LeeJM..............................................................................196 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................192 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................179 points

9. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................152 points

= Stereomaniac.....................................................................152 points

10. thebostoncrab..................................................................150 points

11. beakerjoe........................................................................145 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................112 points

Summerslam Fallout

All eyes will be drawn to the top of the standings as Cheese Wagstaff responds to last week's disappointing week by returning to the summit of the league. His score of 28 points was the highest for the show and was just one point below the record for a highest score from a single show (set by DM_7 in Gameweek 5). This was actually a near-perfect score for Cheese Wagstaff since all of his guys won save for Kalisto, and seeing as no lower tier guy won on the PPV, this score was as good as it gets. He also correctly predicted Undertaker beating Brock Lesnar which earned him 3 points; a margin you may note that separates him from DM_7, who like most players plumped for Brock Lesnar. It goes to show how close it is at the top right now. If DM_7 had gone for Taker, both guys would be level.

The second-best score went to Scavenger XIII with 25 points scored. All of his top tier choices won their matches, as well as his captaincy choice Neville. He also correctly predicted Taker winning.

Unsurprisingly this was a high-scoring start to the gameweek with an average for Summerslam of 20.8 pts.

Summerslam results

Sheamus defeated Randy Orton

Big E and Kofi defeated the Prime Time Players, Los Matadores & the Lucha Dragons

Dolph Ziggler and Rusev ended in a double count-out

Stephen Amell and Neville defeated Stardust and King Barrett

Ryback defeated Big Show and The Miz

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper

Seth Rollins defeated John Cena

Paige, Charlotte and Becky defeated Team Bella and Team B.A.D.

Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro

Undertaker defeated Brock Lesnar

As I noted above only three players correctly predicted Undertaker's win. As well as Cheese Wagstaff and Scavenger XIII who I've mentioned, the only other player to call it correctly was Stereomaniac. These players each earned a bonus 3 points on top of their regular scores.

Now as we look ahead to Raw, Sheamus has the momentum of a big win. Likewise the new tag champs the New Day. Neville delivered as most expected. Cesaro owners may, however, be concerned at a high-profile loss. Plus, has Kevin Owens now turned a corner with this win?

New entrants

Anyone who wishes to play along may do so by posting up a seven-person squad. We will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and let you work your way up the leaderboard.

That's it for now. On to Raw to see what implications it has for our league table, and with everything looking very close at present, it promises to be an important episode.

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

What I thought was one of the better Raws in a long time has come and gone, with plenty of exciting moments that will be remembered when the year is out. Having said all that, can you believe there were only four matches? It's true; but even so, those four matches have had a noticeable effect on our table. Read on for more.

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 9 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. DM_7...............................................................................226 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................225 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................221 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................218 points

5. Bounty Hunter...................................................................214 points

6. LeeJM..............................................................................207 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................204 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................190 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................163 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................162 points

11. beakerjoe........................................................................158 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................155 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................118 points

Raw Fallout

Well we have yet more drama at the top of our leaderboard. DM_7 has wrestled back control at the top of the table and edges out Cheese Wagstaff into second place. Those two have been having a fascinating duel of late and just one point separates them now, whilst the top four players are separated by less than ten points. It feels like anything could happen at the minute. The question is who will finish the gameweek on top?

The highest score for Raw went to A Brad Maddox Guy with a strong haul of 15 pts; three of his top tier picks won which made up the bulk of his score.

The joint second-highest score was 13 pts scored by beakerjoe and myself. There were plenty of players not far behind that though.

The average score for the week was 10.7 pts.

Raw results

Big E and Kofi defeated The Lucha Dragons

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt via D.Q.

Alicia Fox, Nikki and Brie Bella defeated Paige, Becky Lynch and Charlotte

Ryback, Randy Orton, Cesaro and Dolph Ziggler defeated Big Show, Sheamus, Kevin Owens and Rusev

Dolph Ziggler finds himself on the winning side. Is he now someone worth a look? The New Day appear to look a good bet for any player at the moment.

Raw this week also saw the dramatic return of the Dudley Boyz and since it appears they are back as regulars, I will likely add them to the roster as a mid-tier option. I'll update you on this at the end of the gameweek. This new Wyatt family member Braun Strowman will also likely be added so keep an eye out for that as you may look to update your squad.

New entrants

Anyone who wishes to play along may do so by posting up a seven-person squad. We will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and let you work your way up the leaderboard.

That wraps up the Raw update. On to Smackdown now to finish off the gameweek and see where we stand.

It's so hard to ever tell whether Dolph is worth putting on the team or not. However, one of the big reasons I enjoy playing this so much is because I tend to just pick with my heart rather than my head, so it makes it more enjoyable for me.

I want to make available for selection three new faces ahead of Gameweek #10.

From now on Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley and Braun Strowman will be available for selection as mid-tier picks.

The Tiers in full
    Top Tier

Men

1. Big Show
    2. Bray Wyatt
    3. Dean Ambrose
    4. John Cena
    5. Kevin Owens
    6. Randy Orton
    7. Roman Reigns
    8. Ryback
    9. Seth Rollins
    10. Sheamus

Women

1. Nikki Bella
    2. Paige
    3. Sasha Banks
    4. Charlotte
    5. Becky Lynch

Middle Tier

Men

1. Big E
    2. Cesaro
    3. Darren Young
    4. Dolph Ziggler
    5. Jack Swagger
    6. Joey Mercury
    7. Kane
    8. King Barrett
    9. Kofi Kingston
    10. Luke Harper
    11. Mark Henry
    12. The Miz
    13. Neville
    14. Rusev
    15. R-Truth
    16. Stardust
    17. Titus O'Neill
    18. Xavier Woods
    19. Bubba Ray Dudley (New addition)
    20. D-Von Dudley (New addition)
    21. Braun Strowman (New addition)

Women

1. Brie Bella
    2. Naomi
    3. Natalya
    4. Summer Rae
    5. Tamina
    6. Alicia Fox

Bottom Tier

Men

1. Adam Rose
    2. Bo Dallas
    3. Curtis Axel
    4. Diego
    5. Fandango
    6. Fernando
    7. Heath Slater
    8. Kalisto
    9. Konnor
    10. Victor
    11. Macho Mandow
    12. Sin Cara
    13. Zack Ryder

Women

1. Cameron
    2. Emma
    3. Layla
    4. Rosa

I will look to have the post-Smackdown table up tomorrow.

Top Tier
    John Cena
    The Big Show
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte

Middle Tier
    Kofi Kingston Captain
    Big E. Langston

Lower Tier
    Bo Dallas out Sin Cara in

I said I'd get in early with the current team I want to go with. I've made one substitution and changed my captain from John Cena to Kofi Kingston. I'll see how SmackDown has played out when it airs tomorrow night and then see if I use my other 2.

• Advertisement

Smackdown is done and dusted which wraps up Gameweek 9 of 25. Summerslam and Raw had a significant effect on our league table and Smackdown proved to be no exception. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 9 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................236 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................232 points

3. DM_7...............................................................................231 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................223 points

5. Bounty Hunter....................................................................219 points

6. LeeJM...............................................................................218 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................210 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................196 points

9. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................170 points

= Stereomaniac.....................................................................170 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................167 points

11. thebostoncrab..................................................................161 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................126 points

Smackdown Fallout

In a dramatic climax to a dramatic week for our table, Cheese Wagstaff finishes top of the pile, displacing DM_7 who falls to third place.

Just to illustrate how back-and-forth it has been near the top, Cheese Wagstaff went into Gameweek 9 in second place; he then went top after Summerslam; he then fell back into second place after Raw; and now he is back on top after Smackdown. What a week, eh? Funny to think we had so many weeks with no change at the top and now all of a sudden it feels like everything is in flux.

The highest score for Smackdown was 11 points which was scored by three players: Cheese Wagstaff, who as mentioned moved top; myself, who moved up into second position; and LeeJM who now moves to just one point off fifth position. Both Cheese Wagstaff and myself scored well with our top tier picks, whilst LeeJM scored well via having Kevin Owens as captain.

The average score for Smackdown was 7.5 pts.

Smackdown results

The Dudley Boyz defeated The Ascension

Kevin Owens defeated Neville

Charlotte and Becky defeated The Bella Twins

Dolph Ziggler and Ryback defeated Rusev and Big Show

Sheamus defeated Dean Ambrose

Kevin Owens is starting to look very good value as a pick, as is Dolph Ziggler who records another win. Elsewhere the Dudley Boyz have arrived with a bang and as noted in my previous post, they are now available to select as a mid-tier option alongside Braun Strowman. Will you be getting one of these new faces in your team?

On to Gameweek #10 (Second Round of Cup)...

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Yes, folks, it's that time again. Gameweek #10 will see us compete against one another once more in the second round of the Fantasy Cup.

If you wish to remind yourself of the first round results and the current standings in the groups you can do so by looking at this post.

Here are the fixtures for this week's cup ties:
    Gameweek #10 Cup Ties

Group A

Cheese Wagstaff vs Bounty Hunter
    Stereomaniac vs Hashtag_Heel

Group B

Scavenger XIII vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    DM_7 vs thebostoncrab

Group C

LeeJM vs beakerjoe
    linvoysblues vs Mr.Nice Guy

There are some tasty fixtures lined up and Group A I reckon looks particularly fun with first in the league taking on fifth via Cheese Wagstaff vs Bounty Hunter. Also Stereomaniac and Hashtag_Heel are dead level in the league and find themselves now clashing in the Cup.

Scavenger XIII vs A Brad maddox Guy in Group B could be another cracker. Scavenger XIII got the highest score of any squad in the last round, while A Brad maddox Guy has been in good form of late.

All those players who lost the first game (like me) will know the importance of getting some points on the board so I'll be looking to get off the mark in Group C against linvoysblues, who has an advantage with points on the board already.

We will have a much better idea of who looks to be heading to the quarter-finals after this week. Remember: the top two in each group qualify automatically, whilst the two best third-placed teams will also squeeze through. It should be a very fun week.

Deadline

The deadline will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw, so you have all weekend plus Monday to make transfers and/or submit your squad.

Transfers

You'll know by now you've the option of making 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Captaincy

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Entry to the Cup is now closed but new players can still participate in the league if they wish. We will allocate you a place and provide you points level with the lowest player on the leaderboard so you can climb the table. Think you can do better than us?

Good luck

People seemed to enjoy the last round of the Cup so hopefully this week proves good fun too. The league looks very interesting right now, and with the Cup getting serious, here's hoping for the best week yet.

May the best men win.

My Fantasy Football team is going pear-shaped so I'm hoping for better luck here.

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Charlotte
    MID TIER: Cesaro

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Sasha Banks
    MID TIER: Bubba Ray Dudley

Full Squad for Gameweek 10:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Sasha Banks
    TOP TIER - Ryback

MID-TIER - Bubba Ray Dudley
    MID-TIER - Neville

BOTTOM TIER - Sin Cara

My captain: Bubba Ray Dudley

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My Fantasy Football team is going pear-shaped so I'm hoping for better luck here.

dunno if it's having this that replaced it but honestly I couldn't care less about my FF this year and have not looked at it since I made my team which is a first for me. Enjoying this a lot more

My team is getting a complete overhaul and in another first and for 1 week only it'l have 2 Divas on it!

Top Tier
    Randy Orton Ryback
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns Becky Lynch
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Neville Bubba Ray Dudley
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    Neville Big E

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Neville out, Bubba Ray Dudley in.

Big Wool stays captain this week also.

Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Charlotte
    Becky Lynch

Bubba Ray Dudley
    Big E - (Captain)

Kalisto

Out: Roman Reigns
    Out: Seth Rollins

In: Sheamus
    In: Sasha Banks

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens
    Randy Orton
    Sheamus
    Sasha Banks

Mid Tier:
    Neville - Captain
    Cesaro

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Ryback out - Charlotte in
    Ambrose out - Sheamus in
    Barrett out - Bubba Ray in (as captain)

Updated Line Up

Paige
    Sheamus
    Orton
    Charlotte

Neville
    Bubba Ray (C)

Sin Cara

Big E OUT Bubba Ray Dudley IN
    Ryback OUT John Cena IN
    Neville OUT Rusev IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    John Cena
    Roman Reigns
    Paige

Mid Tier
    Rusev
    Bubba Ray Dudley

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Bubba Ray Dudley

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

What I thought was a pretty underwhelming episode of Raw has come and gone and now it's time to see what effect it's had on the leaderboard, as well as check out the latest scores in the Cup. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 10 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................248 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................244 points

3. DM_7...............................................................................236 points

4. Bounty Hunter....................................................................234 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................233 points

6. LeeJM...............................................................................227 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................215 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................208 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................180 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................177 points

= Hashtag_Heel.....................................................................177 points

11. thebostoncrab..................................................................164 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................134 points

Raw Fallout (League)

In a rather scrappy start to the week not a lot has changed at the top as Cheese Wagstaff remains the leader with a margin of four points.

The highest score for Raw went to Bounty Hunter with an impressive 15 points scored; three of his top tier choices won which resulted in the bulk of his points. This lifts Bounty Hunter up into fourth place and he is now not far off DM_7 in third.

The second-highest score was 12 points which was earned by three players. In order to save the suspense for the Cup matches I’ll not reveal them as you can see all scores in the Cup ties below…

By Raw standards this was a very low scoring week with an average of just 9 points.

Raw Fallout (Fantasy Cup)

We've still got Smackdown to come so it's effectively half-time in the Cup. Here are the latest scores...

Gameweek #10 Cup Ties (Post-Raw)

Group A

Cheese Wagstaff 12 - 15 Bounty Hunter

Stereomaniac 10 - 7 Hashtag_Heel

Group B

Scavenger XIII 5 - 10 A Brad Maddox Guy

DM_7 5 - 3 thebostoncrab

Group C

LeeJM 9 - 10 beakerjoe

linvoysblues 12 - 12 Mr. Nice Guy

These ties looks even closer than the ones in the first round, don't they?

In Group A, just three points separates each tie.

In Group B, A Brad Maddox Guy has the best lead so far but it's by no means an overwhelming one. In the other tie, I expected DM_7 to win comfortably but it's very tight.

Group C has the closest scores of all with one point separating one game and the other one dead level.

Raw results

Dolph Ziggler defeated Rusev via D.Q.

Becky Lynch defeated Alicia Fox

Ryback defeated Big Show

Charlotte defeated Brie Bella

Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro

Braun Strowman defeated Dean Ambrose via D.Q.

Paige and Sasha Banks ended in a no-contest

The Dudley Boyz defeated Kofi and Big E

This was a strange show from our point of view with plenty of popular names not featuring. Guys like Neville, Orton, Sheamus, Reigns, to name but a few.

Elsewhere, the Dudley Boyz bandwagon looks promising whilst Braun Strowman - who no one brought in - looked very dominant. I suspect he may be in a few squads in the near future. Will you be snapping up the big man?

New sign-ups

Entry to the Cup is now closed, but those who would like to get involved in the league may do so. We will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and let you work your way up the leaderboard.

That's it for now. On to what should be, for us anyway, a very exciting episode of Smackdown.

We have finished with another Smackdown and that brings us to the end of Gameweek 10. It's now time to see the shape of our league table and to analyse the results of the Cup's second round. Both I'm sure you'll agree make for fascinating reading so read on for more...

Gameweek 10 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................260 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................259 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................244 points

4. Bounty Hunter....................................................................243 points

5. DM_7...............................................................................242 points

6. LeeJM...............................................................................235 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................224 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................223 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................186 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................181 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................180 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................166 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................141 points

Smackdown Fallout (League)

We still have the familiar picture of Cheese Wagstaff topping the table but the lead is now just one point as yours truly seeks to go top for the first time. Just below the top two there is an interesting tussle going on as A Brad Maddox Guy and Bounty Hunter jump over DM_7 who falls to fifth. It's all rather tight, however, and you feel like things could be very different by next week.

The highest score for Smackdown was shared by both myself and linvoysblues with each of us securing 15 points. We both had two top tier picks win, and we benefitted from having Bubba Ray as captain.

The average score for Smackdown this week was 8.2 pts.

Smackdown Fallout (Fantasy Cup)

Smackdown's scores can now be added to Raw so what follows below are the final scores for Gameweek 10. Did you get the result you wanted?

Gameweek #10 Cup Ties (Results)

Group A

Cheese Wagstaff 24 - 24 Bounty Hunter

Stereomaniac 16 - 10 Hashtag_Heel

Group B

Scavenger XIII 14 - 21 A Brad Maddox Guy

DM_7 11 - 5 thebostoncrab

Group C

LeeJM 17 - 14 beakerjoe

linvoysblues 27 - 27 Mr. Nice Guy

In Group A, Cheese Wagstaff overturns his post-Raw deficit and leaves Bounty Hunter having to contend with yet another draw. In the other game Stereomaniac maintains his Raw lead and secures his first points in the Cup.

Meanwhile in Group B, A Brad Maddox Guy caps off a fine week with a solid victory over Scavenger III. In the other game, DM_7 pulls away to secure another win and to top his group.

Last but not least in Group C, LeeJM bounces back from being behind after Raw to take the tie and he now tops the group; elsewhere, myself and linvoysblues secure the highest scores of the week and so have to settle for a draw.

It all means the groups now look like this after two games:

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Stereomaniac|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Hashtag_Heel|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Group B|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    DM_7|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A Brad Maddox Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Scavenger XIII|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    thebostoncrab|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Group C|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    linvoysblues|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

In Group A it looks very wide open and by my reckoning it's all to play for in that one. Anything could happen.

In Group B, DM_7 by my calculations is definitely through to the quarter-finals. Even though he could still finish third, remember the two best third-placed teams progress, and with a score of 6 points, that's too good to miss out; so congrats to him. (Note - Due to A Brad Maddox Guy and Scavenger XIII having the same points and score, it's the head-to-head record that separates them)

In Group C, LeeJM is also assured of a place in the last 8 as he is guaranteed to finish at least second. The top two qualify automatically so he's there. Congrats to him as well.

I don't think any player is mathematically out of advancing to the next round. We all have a chance to make it, so the third and final round (on Gameweek #12) should be a slobberknocker!

Those that are through may as well remain focused as the three group winners plus the best runner-up will be seeded for the Q-F draw. And one last thing - as I've noted the two best third-placed teams advance. Here is a table showing how the third-place teams measure up at the moment:

Third Place Table|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Scavenger XIII|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

As you can see, despite the fact I've the highest score of any player in the game after two games with 63, it's the points that matter most. And with just the one point, my arse is heading out as things stand!

The fixture list for the third and final group games can be found in this post.

Smackdown results

The Dudley Boyz defeated The Prime Time Players

Neville vs Stardust went to a no-contest

Sheamus defeated Cesaro

Bo Dallas defeated R-Truth

Charlotte defeated Tamina

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Big E and Kofi via D.Q.

The Dudley Boyz continue to be booked well. Ditto for Charlotte.

Sheamus also records a good win.

The result that caught my eye the most was Bo Dallas. Is the BO-ttom tier man - geddit? - now worth a punt, I wonder? And what about The Ascension? Are they also a decent bottom-tier pick now that they may have some sort of alliance with Stardust?

On to Gameweek #11...

Deadline

The deadline will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw.

Transfers and Captaincy

You know the score. You can make up to 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Entry to the Cup is now closed but anyone who wishes to play in the league can do so by posting a squad. We will allocate you a place and provide you points level with the lowest player on the leaderboard so you can work your way up the table. It does make following the matches more interesting as I'm sure others will agree.

Good luck

That's about it for now, folks. Who will you be trusting in for the week ahead?

• Advertisement

Out: Randy Orton
    Out: Sasha Banks
    Out: Cesaro

In: John Cena
    In: Ryback
    In: Bubba Ray Dudley

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens - Captain
    John Cena
    Sheamus