Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

TOP TIER - Sasha Banks John Cena
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose Ryback
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens

MID-TIER - Neville
    MID-TIER - Cesaro Rusev

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain : Sheamus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have some ideas I'd like to run by you guys concerning the game as I'm eager to hear your thoughts, but first let's get down to business...

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Ryback
    MID TIER: Bubba Ray Dudley
    BOTTOM TIER: Sin Cara

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Bray Wyatt
    MID TIER: Cesaro
    BOTTOM TIER: Konnor

Full Squad for Gameweek 11:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Sasha Banks
    TOP TIER - Bray Wyatt

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - Neville

BOTTOM TIER - Konnor

My captain: Konnor

Suggestions

As noted above I've come up with some ideas to try to add to the experience but I want to run them by you guys first as I don't want anyone to feel I'm springing something on them unfairly. Here they are:
    Night of Champions bonus points

As we know, on this PPV all the titles in the WWE are defended. I think it might be fun to offer 5 bonus points to the player who can correctly predict how many titles will be retained AND lost on the PPV. For example: 2 titles lost, 3 retained. Only those who call it exactly will get the points.

NXT Special bonus tier

This one would be an extension of the idea A Brad Maddox Guy had for Summerslam where I would select one of the matches on the next NXT special - which is about a month away, I believe - and if you predict the winner accurately you bag an extra 3 points.

Losses matter

The idea here would be that I would select a gameweek in which - for one week only - you would lose points whenever one of your picks loses a match. I'd suggest 2 points lost for a top tier pick losing; 3 pts lost for a mid tier pick losing; and 5 points lost for a bottom tier pick losing.

I think the week of the Hell in a Cell PPV -also the week of Halloween - would be a fitting time to try this one.

Vice-captain

Finally, I'm wondering if there would be interest in allowing for a vice-captaincy selection so that if your first choice captain fails to appear, you could still pick up double points via a back-up pick.

I'd suggest trying this for one week and if it proves popular then I could make it a regular thing if there's a demand for it.

So those are some suggestions. Do any take your liking? Let me know what you think.

I think the first 3 ideas would be great. Im not so eager on the vice captain idea as is makes it alot easier to rack up a big score

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah good ideas but not a fan of the VC. It's not that often that someone wouldn't have a match on at least 1 of the shows & I did think it's only right that we would get punished for it when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Top Tier
    John Cena
    The Big Show
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte

Middle Tier
    Captain Kofi Kingston
    Big E. Langston

Lower Tier
    Sin Cara OUT Konnor O'Brian IN

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus another draw in the cup, didn't expect 2 draws out of 2 esp seing as the 2 cup weeks were probably 2 of my better weeks, anywhoo...

The Diva's did well for me last week but still gonna go down to one and assume they will make the new no.1 contender look strong. The Ascension aligning with Stardust should at least appear on Smackdown and I don't think Braun will be in ring too much but from outside he might cause Bray to get a win or 2.

Top Tier
    Ryback
    Seth Rollins
    Becky Lynch Bray Wyatt
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Bubba Ray DudleyCesaro
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto Konnor

Captain
    Big E

I'll go along with whatever with regards special rules, stips or additions for different weeks.

I'd be the same. I think whatever rules are to be introduced sound good. Not too gone on the idea of losing points if our guys don't appear, but definitely if they lose it could be good. It could add a new element to the competition. I've added Konnor O'Brien as my bottom tier pick this week, in favour of Sin Cara. Hopefully they pick up a win on either show.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Sin Cara out - Viktor in (as Captain)
    Neville out - Stardust in
    Paige out - Ryback in

Updated Line Up

Ryback
    Sheamus
    Orton
    Charlotte

Stardust
    Bubba Ray

Viktor (C)

John Cena OUT Sheamus IN
    Paige OUT Charlotte IN
    Rusev OUT Kofi Kingston IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    Sheamus
    Roman Reigns
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Kofi Kingston
    Bubba Ray Dudley

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Kofi Kingston

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Kalisto out, Bo Dallas in.

Captain this week will be Bubba Ray.

Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Charlotte
    Becky Lynch

Bubba Ray Dudley (Captain)
    Big E

Bo Dallas

• Advertisement

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

So Raw has come and gone and that brings us to the halfway stage of Gameweek 11. It has proved to be quite a close start to the week and to illustrate that let's have a look at how our league table is shaping up.

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 11 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................272 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................269 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................257 points

4. DM_7...............................................................................253 points

5. Bounty Hunter....................................................................252 points

6. LeeJM...............................................................................243 points

7. linvoysblues......................................................................236 points

8. Scavenger XIII..................................................................233 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................193 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................187 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................186 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................171 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................150 points

Raw Fallout

The league leader remains Cheese Wagstaff who edges out a little bit further to a margin of 3 points.

As touched on above, this was a pretty scrappy Raw for us with no player pulling ahead with any whopping big majority. The highest scores were shared by both A Brad Maddox Guy and linvoysblues who each bagged 13 points; both were helped by having Bubba Ray and each had victories from two top tier guys which helped them get their scores. The scores help A Brad Maddox Guy edge out a little bit in third spot, whilst linvoysblues pushes forward into seventh.

The fact that there was not a whole lot between players this week can be seen by the average score for Raw which was just 9 pts.

Raw results

Sasha Banks defeated Paige

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated The Ascension

Ryback defeated Seth Rollins

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus

The Dudley Boyz defeated Los Matadores

Cesaro vs Miz ended in a double count-out

John Cena and the Prime Time Players defeated Seth Rollins, Big E and Kofi

In a harsh turn of events for Seth Rollins owners, he features twice but loses both times. He still earns two appearance points though.

Elsewhere the Dudley Boyz continue to be booked well, although hopes for better things for The Ascension have been dented with a loss. Still, perhaps they will have better luck on Smackdown.

New entrants

New entrants will be accepted if they post up a seven-person squad. We will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and let you work your way up the leaderboard.

That's it for this week's Raw update. On now to Smackdown to determine the final standings for the week.

Yeah it was a pretty poor showing for myself last night anyway, I think I only earned 4 points from The New Day appearing with Seth Rollins, and Kofi Kingston being my captain and John Cena appearing on their opposing team. Ah well, that's just the curl of the burl. It was still a lot more enjoyable than watching Raw if we weren't doing this league, though. It has really been helping me get through the slow weeks where it feels like there's not much on.

275px-New_WWE_SmackDown_Logo_2015.png

Smackdown is in the books bringing us to the end of Gameweek 11 and and what a strange show it turned out to be. With only three matches having finishes it meant there were big differences in the scores this week ranging from very low to very high. As you can imagine it has had a massive effect on our league table. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 11 Standings

1. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................287 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................276 points

3. Bounty Hunter....................................................................268 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................261 points

5. DM_7...............................................................................255 points

6. linvoysblues......................................................................249 points

7. LeeJM...............................................................................245 points

8. Scavenger XIII..................................................................243 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................202 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................194 points

11. beakerjoe........................................................................189 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................175 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................154 points

Smackdown Fallout

Well we have a new leader sitting op of the table and that leader is...me! For the first time in the game I make it to the top and become only the third player to reach this position. My score of 18 points was the highest of the week and came largely due to my gamble of sticking the captaincy on Konnor (which earned me 12 pts alone), plus a win for Cesaro.

The second highest score of the week went to Bounty Hunter with 16 pts scored; he too had Konnor in his team and also benefitted from victories by Rollins and Cesaro.

With WWE offering up 5 matches and having two of them be non-finishes, essentially if any of your guys won you were doing well.

The average score this week was 7 pts.

Smackdown results

Cesaro defeated Miz

Paige vs Sasha Banks ended in a no-contest

The New Day vs Jimmy Uso, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns ended in a no-contest

The Ascension defeated The Lucha Dragons

Seth Rollins defeated Ryback
    250px-The_Ascension_WM31_Axxess.jpg

So after being squashed on Raw, The Ascension are finally starting to look decent value. Will you be jumping on the Cosmic bandwagon?

Elsewhere Cesaro gets back on track with a win whilst Rollins also picks up a welcome victory.

On to Gameweek # 12 (Fantasy Cup's final group ties)...

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Well folks, it’s crunch time. We’ve reached the final set of ties in the groups and, as I noted a fortnight ago, everybody is still in with a chance of reaching the quarter-final stage.

8 players will advance: the top two in each group plus the two best third-placed players. We already know two players have guaranteed a spot: DM_7 and LeeJM. There is still something for these lads to play for though since the group winners and the best runner-up will be seeded for the quarter-final draw which could make for a handier match-up.

4 players will be eliminated when the week is up. Who will miss out? Here is the final set of fixtures and how thing stand:

Gameweek #12 Cup Ties

Group A

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Stereomaniac|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Hashtag_Heel|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Hashtag_Heel vs Cheese Wagstaff

Bounty Hunter vs Stereomaniac

This group is very exciting with no one guaranteed a place in the last 8 just yet. You would think it’s a must-win game for Hashtag_Heel, whilst in the other tie neither Stereomaniac nor Bounty Hunter will want to risk finishing third; a win for either will guarantee qualification.

Group B

Group B|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    DM_7|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A Brad Maddox Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Scavenger XIII|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    thebostoncrab|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

thebostoncrab vs A Brad Maddox Guy

Scavenger XIII vs DM_7

DM_7 as noted is already through as even if he finishes third his points tally is big enough to progress; the question is who will join him from Group B. It’s a very tight battle for second currently with the head-to-head record all that separates A Brad Maddox Guy and Scavenger XIII.

Group C

Group C|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    linvoysblues|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

beakerjoe vs Mr.Nice Guy

linvoysblues vs LeeJM

LeeJM is through as he will finish in the top two no matter what, but will linvoysblues beat him to top spot? Elsewhere I will be relying on a first win and hoping that either Lee beats linvoysblues, or else I’ll have to take my chances via the back-door route in third.

As you can see, there’s plenty for all to play for and I’m keen to see how it plays out by next week.

Deadline

The deadline will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw, so you have all weekend plus Monday to make transfers and/or submit your squad.

Transfers and Captaincy

You know the score. You can make up to 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Entry to the Cup is now closed but anyone who wishes to play in the league can do so by posting a squad. We will allocate you a place and provide you points level with the lowest player on the leaderboard so you can work your way up the table.

Good luck

Here’s hoping for some cracking entertainment this week that will have us on the edge of our seats. May the best men win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

1. John Cena
    2. Kevin Owens
    3. Roman Reigns
    4. Nikki Out - Charlotte In

Middle Tier

1. Dolph Ziggler Out Rusev In
    2. Neville Out - Big E In

Bottom Tier
    kalisto

Captain : John Cena

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hopping on the Cosmic Bandwagon.

Out: Sheamus
    Out: Ryback
    Out: Kallisto

In: Seth Rollins
    In: Roman Reigns
    In: Konnor

Top Tier:
    Seth Rollins
    John Cena
    Roman Reigns
    Kevin Owens

Mid Tier:
    Neville - Captain
    Bubba Ray Dudley

Bottom Tier
    Konnor

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Bray Wyatt
    TOP TIER: Sasha Banks
    MID TIER: Cesaro

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Ryback
    TOP TIER: Charlotte
    MID TIER: D-Von Dudley

Full Squad for Gameweek 12:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Charlotte
    TOP TIER - Ryback

MID-TIER - D-Von Dudley
    MID-TIER - Neville

BOTTOM TIER - Konnor

My captain: Roman Reigns

Usually I change 3 but this time I'm mostly keeping the faith except for the first time (I think) John Cena makes team BH

Top Tier
    Ryback
    Seth Rollins
    Bray Wyatt John Cena
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Cesaro
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Konnor

Captain
    Big E

Gonna lump on Charlotte this week as I don't think Nikki will retain her title, and if she does I expect a DQ win for Charlotte.

Randy Orton OUT John Cena IN
    Bubba Ray Dudley OUT Cesaro IN

Top Tier
    John Cena
    Sheamus
    Roman Reigns
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Kofi Kingston
    Cesaro

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Charlotte

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Becky Lynch out, Roman Reigns in.
    Sheamus out, John Cena in.

Captain this week will be Big E.

Seth Rollins
    John Cena
    Charlotte
    Roman Reigns

Bubba Ray Dudley
    Big E - (Captain)

Bo Dallas

TOP TIER - John Cena
    TOP TIER - Ryback
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens Seth Rollins

MID-TIER - Neville Big E
    MID-TIER - Rusev

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto Konnor

My captain : Big E

• Advertisement

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

Raw has come and gone and that means we've reached not only the halfway stage of Gameweek 12, but also the halfway stage of the game overall. And what a dramatic start to the week it has been as our league table undergoes big changes whilst the Cup games paint a very interesting picture of things to come. How did you get on, you ask? Read on for more....

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 12 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................294 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................291 points

3. Bounty Hunter....................................................................290 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................282 points

5. DM_7...............................................................................262 points

= LeeJM...............................................................................262 points

6. linvoysblues......................................................................253 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................248 points

8. Stereomaniac....................................................................225 points

9. beakerjoe.........................................................................209 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................199 points

11. thebostoncrab..................................................................183 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................168 points

Raw Fallout (League)

My time at the top lasted very briefly as we see how quickly things can change in this game. Having had the best score for Smackdown, I followed that up with the joint-lowest score for Raw and that means I fall to second place as that man again Cheese Wagstaff wrestles back the lead at the top of the table. Credit to him for that.

Highest score for the week went to Stereomaniac with a whopping 23 points scored. Having both members of the New Day (with one as captain) helped bring home the bulk of the score.

Just behind him was Bounty Hunter with an impressive 22 points scored, and he too benefitted from sticking the captaincy on a New Day member (Big E) plus having double-duty John Cena in his team.

Others who scored well for Raw were A Brad Maddox Guy and beakerjoe with 21 and 20 points respectively.

The average score for Raw this week was 13 points.

Raw Fallout (Fantasy Cup)

For a reminder of how things stand in the groups, see the bottom of this post.

With Smackdown still to take place it's pretty much half-time in the ties. Here is how things look at the moment:

Gameweek #12 Cup Ties (Post-Raw)

Group A

Hashtag_Heel 5 - 18 Cheese Wagstaff

Bounty Hunter 22 - 23 Stereomaniac

Group B

thebostoncrab 8 - 21 A Brad Maddox Guy

Scavenger XIII 5 - 7 DM_7

Group C

beakerjoe 20 - 4 Mr.Nice Guy

linvoysblues 4 - 17 LeeJM

Several players here are looking strong bets to take 3 points.

In Group A, Cheese Wagstaff looks to have a strong lead and will be favourite now to top the group. In the other tie, as mentioned above, both these lads have the highest scores for the week (couldn't write that script, could you?) and so it's anyone's guess who will take the spoils. Could Bounty Hunter wind up with a third draw? :pac:

In Group B, A Brad Maddox Guy has a healthy lead although I wouldn't say he's guaranteed the win just yet. In the other tie, anything could happen there.

As for Group C, LeeJM too has a healthy advantage but linvoysblues need not fret too much about being caught for second place. In the other tie I am being absolutely tonked by beakerjoe which means my chances of progression are almost zero. It looks like beakerjoe will now be the one who finishes third and he may yet have a sniff of qualification as one of the two best third-placed teams.

Raw results

Big E and Kofi defeated The Prime Time Players

Sasha Banks defeated Paige

John Cena defeated Sheamus

Charlotte defeated Nikki Bella via D.Q.

Cesaro defeated Rusev

Sting defeated Big Show via D.Q.

John Cena and Sting defeated Big Show and Seth Rollins

220px-CENATION2-T4.jpg

Speaking as a non-Cena owner, can I just ask WWE did Cena really have to wrestle and win twice? TWICE?!

Elsewhere Cesaro picks up a strong win over Rusev, whilst Charlotte and Sasha are again presented strong.

I'm not sure if Sting will now be a regular on TV based on the Raw appearance; I have a feeling it might just be a once-off. If he does become a regular I'll add him but I'll wait a while to see what the plans for him are.

A lot of big name roster members did not have matches on Raw so it will be interesting to see if that changes for Smackdown.

New sign-ups

Entry to the Cup is now closed, but those who would like to get involved in the league may do so. We will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and let you work your way up the leaderboard.

That's it for now. On to Smackdown to see what effects it has on our league table and our cup games...

25019be6b3f90da5e508f93500da5e631e498d86_hq.gif

combine the 3 cup week scores so far and I think I have a higher score than anyone in any group but as things stand I only have 2 points from a possible 9 as a return on that! Jaysus!

watching Raw and during the main event the coverage cut out for me, when it returned it had turned into a tag match with Rollins & Cena added and the first thing I though was ooo I'm getting another win & 2 x participation points thanks to this... this game has changed how I watch Raw.

I turned the show off about halfway through feeling pretty disappointed that Cena had won since my opponent beakerjoe has him as his captain. Then I checked the results earlier today and found Cena had been in another match and won. My reaction was 'wait, what? He won again?!' :pac:

275px-New_WWE_SmackDown_Logo_2015.png

Smackdown is done and dusted and this go-home show for Night of Champions is also the go-home show for many in our Cup game as four players are sent packing from the contest. Before we get to that there is also the matter of our league table which again has seen big changes. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 12 Standings

1. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................299 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................298 points

3. Bounty Hunter....................................................................292 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................291 points

5. DM_7...............................................................................269 points

6. LeeJM...............................................................................264 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................257 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................254 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................237 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................215 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................205 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................187 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................174 points

Smackdown Fallout (League)

Having been knocked off top spot after Raw, yours truly manages to regain top spot from Cheese Wagstaff although the margin is now just one point. It all looks very tight at the top though doesn't it, and with a PPV week coming up plenty of things could change.

I will detail the highest scorer for the week down below as I don't want to give away the results of the ties...

The average score for Smackdown was a lowly 6 pts.

Smackdown results

Naomi and Sasha Banks defeated Paige and Becky Lynch

Kofi Kingston defeated D-Von Dudley

Big Show defeated Cesaro

Kevin Owens defeated Dolph Ziggler via D.Q.

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Seth Rollins and Sheamus
    200px-Dean_Ambrose_WWE_Axxess_2014.jpg

A good win for Ambrose and Reigns, although Sheamus has been doing a lot of jobs of late. Wonder what that could mean...

Surprisingly strong win for Big Show too.

Smackdown Fallout (Fantasy Cup)

Smackdown's scores have now been added to the Raw scores so what follows below are the final scores for Gameweek 12 as well as the final group standings. How did you get on?

Gameweek #12 Cup Ties (Results)

Group A

Hashtag_Heel 11 - 22 Cheese Wagstaff

Bounty Hunter 24 - 35 Stereomaniac

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Stereomaniac|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Hashtag_Heel|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Congrats to Cheese Wagstaff who wins Group A and finishes as a top seed for the quarter-final draw. He will be joined by Stereomaniac - who I can also reveal got the highest score for Smackdown this week with 12 points - and he qualifies automatically as runner-up. Well done to him as well.

Group B

thebostoncrab 12 - 30 A Brad Maddox Guy

Scavenger XIII 14 - 14 DM_7

Group B|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    DM_7|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A Brad Maddox Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Scavenger XIII|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    thebostoncrab|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Congrats to DM_7 on winning Group B and he too will be seeded for the quarter-final draw. The man who joins him will be A Brad Maddox Guy and he will also be seeded for the quarter-final draw as he is the best runner-up from the groups. (Both A Brad Maddox Guy and Stereomaniac had 6 points but the superior score from the former's squad - 83 vs 67 - gave him the nod). Well done to both guys.

Group C

beakerjoe 26 - 12 Mr.Nice Guy

linvoysblues 5 - 19 LeeJM

Group C|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    linvoysblues|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Congrats to LeeJM on winning Group C - the only player to finish with a 100% record - and it makes him the last of the top seeds for the quarter-final draw. He will be joined in the next round by linvoysblues whose tally of 4 points secures the runner-up spot. Well done, guys.

So we have our six group winners and runners-up: Cheese Wagstaff, Stereomaniac, DM_7, A Brad Maddox Guy, LeeJM and linvoysblues.

We must now welcome the two players that will join them as the two best third-placed teams...

Third Place Table|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Scavenger XIII|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Congratulations go to Scavenger XIII and beakerjoe who secure the remaining spots in the quarter-finals. beakerjoe's win over me in the latest game proved decisive in the end.

Spare a thought though for Bounty Hunter who despite having an enormous squad total score of 84 - the highest of any of the groups - nevertheless exits the competition. He was unlucky to find his opponents in terrific form when he played them.

So to recap, here are how things stand:

Top Seeds
    Cheese Wagstaff(Group A winner)
    DM_7 (Group B winner)
    LeeJM (Group C winner)
    A Brad Maddox Guy (best runner-up)

2nd Seeds
    Stereomaniac (Group A runner-up)
    linvoysblues (Group C runner-up)
    Scavenger XIII (via third-place route)
    beakerjoe (via third place-route)

Eliminated
    Hashtag_Heel
    thebostoncrab
    Mr.Nice Guy
    Bounty Hunter

So we have our last 8 and all that remains is the draw for the quarter-finals. As I noted before, players who met in the group stages will be kept apart for the knock-out stage. The quarter-final match-ups will also be over two legs.

I aim to do the draw tomorrow. Plus, I will reveal info on the special bonus points that will be on offer for this weekend's Night of Champions PPV.

We're approaching the final stretch of the game now so I hope you're finding it good craic.

Congrats once again to those who made it through and commiserations to those of us who have to watch on from the sidelines.

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Alright folks the draw has been made for the quarter-finals of the PW Fantasy Cup and now it's time to see what lies ahead for the 8 qualifiers. As promised, those who met in the group stages were kept apart for this knockout phase.

Here is how the draw wound up:
    PW Boards Fantasy Cup Quarter-Finals

Quarter-Final 1

LeeJM vs Scavenger XIII

Quarter-Final 2

linvoysblues vs Cheese Wagstaff

Quarter-Final 3

beakerjoe vs DM_7

Quarter-Final 4

A Brad Maddox Guy vs Stereomaniac

Some tasty-looking match-ups in there for sure. After the way things went down in the groups I wouldn't have the guts right now to pick out any favourites.

I also did a draw to determine who the winners of each tie would face in order to plot a route to the final. That draw wound up like so:

Winner of Quarter-Final 1 vs Winner of Quarter-Final 4

Winner of Quarter-Final 2 vs Winner of Quarter-Final 3

And so that meant a semi-final fixture line-up that looks like this:

Semi-Final line-up

LeeJM or Scavenger XIII vs A Brad Maddox Guy or Stereomaniac

linvoysblues or Cheese Wagstaff vs beakerjoe or DM_7

The quarter-final ties will take place over two legs with the first leg occurring on Gameweek #14 and the second leg on Gameweek #16.

In the event of a game finishing as a draw, the player with the most points from their captaincy choices over the two legs will advance.

In the event that this doesn't give us a winner, then a special one-off replay will determine the winner.

So that's about it, folks. Are you happy with the draw you've landed? Best of luck to all 8 players in the above matches and may the best men win.

*****Night of Champions PPV Bonus Pts*****

220px-Night_of_Champions_2015.png

Gameweek 13 is upon us and with that comes the latest PPV - Night of Champions.

Since players seemed to enjoy the special bonus points on offer for the last PPV Summerslam (credit to A Brad Maddox Guy for that one) I figured we'd try another bonus points offer for this PPV.

Now as we know, famously at this event all of the available titles are put on the line.

With that being the case, the challenge is simple: accurately predict the number of title changes and the number of titles retained on the PPV.

e.g. 2 title changes ; 3 titles retained

If you call it exactly right, you will gain an extra 5 points in addition to the points your squad members get you. (Note - You must call it exactly right. There will be no points given for getting close with it)

Here are the title matches currently set for Night of Champions:

Night of Champions Title Matches

Seth Rollins (c) vs Sting (WWE World Heavyweight Title)

Seth Rollins (c) vs John Cena (United States Title)

Ryback (c) vs Kevin Owens (Intercontinental Title)

Nikki Bella (c) vs Charlotte (Divas Title)

The New Day (c) vs The Dudley Boyz (Tag Team Titles)

A friendly word of caution - there's a certain briefcase-carrying Irishman by the name of Sheamus who may decide to upset things by cashing in on the PPV, so bear that in mind when making your predictions.

To sum up, your squad selection this week should look something like this:
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X

MID-TIER - X
    MID-TIER - X

BOTTOM TIER - X

Your captain: X

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS BONUS PTS: ___ Title Changes ; ___ Titles Retained

I hope this bonus will help make the PPV even more exciting.

Make sure to remember the bonus option as 5 extra points could prove significant when it's all said and done.

That's about it. Good luck with your choices....

On to Gameweek #13 (PPV Week)...

Deadline

As it's a PPV Week the deadline for Gameweek #13 will thus be on Sunday night before the first match on the Night of Champions card (this includes any pre-show match, so keep that in mind).

You therefore have today, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to make up your minds.

Transfers and Captaincy

You know the score. You can make up to 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Entry to the Cup is now closed but anyone who wishes to play in the league can do so by posting a squad. We will allocate you a place and provide you points level with the lowest player on the leaderboard so you can work your way up the table.

Good luck

It should be a fun week with points available for the PPV, Raw and Smackdown. Which performers will you be trusting in?

Rusev takes on Ziggler and The Wyatts take on Ambrose Reigns and ???.

Plus theres a pre show match

We aren't allowed to change our teams until after Night Of Champions, is it?

We have to change our teams before the kick off show & then that's our team for the following RAW & Smackdown.

• Advertisement

1. John Cena
    2. Owens Out - Ryback In
    3. Roman Reigns
    4. Charlotte

Middle Tier

1. Rusev
    2. Big E

Bottom Tier
    1. kalisto

Captain : John Cena