Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sometimes it's hard. To be. A woman

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

meeeeh wrote: »
    I'm starting to get serious inferiority complex here. I never thought my eyebrows were terrible and more or less ignored them but I must be doing something wrong because it just seems every one else does something with them.

Honestly, shaping and/or colouring in your eyebrows makes the biggest difference to your face, I find. It's such a small thing that it's really hard to understand until you see it. I have a naturally good shape, so I get my eyebrows waxed or threaded maybe twice a year and just pluck obvious strays the rest of the time. But for the last few months, I've been using DipBrow pomade to colour mine in (they're light brown naturally) and I can't believe the difference. It enhances my eyes, my cheekbones, just my whole face. (Note: I don't go to a fraction of the effort that they show in that video; I just follow the natural line of my eyebrows.)

I'm not for one second saying it's necessary, but I'd personally rather shade my eyebrows in than wear any other kind of makeup :).

Back on topic, I do enjoy putting lots of effort into my appearance, but I'm also lazy and I'd rather spend my money on restaurants than facials ;). So I guess I fall somewhere in the middle. Some days I'm made up to the nines, others I just about have my eyebrows filled in. I love the result of being done up, but I hate the chore of doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I have very thick haired, dark, almost black eyebrows already. While they could do with a bit of shaping, any extra stuff on them and all you could see of my face would be eyebrows. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If I could give one piece of advice to my 14-year-old self it would be to leave my eyebrows the hell alone. I looked like Eugene Levy up to then. But then I started plucking and didn't know when to stop. The damage is done now, despite various attempts at mitigating the effects with the full HD brow treatment. I just don't have enough of them left to tint, basically. As a result, Catrice eyebrow pencils are my desert island beauty essential. As Faith said, brows really do make the single biggest difference to your face. So if you're lucky enough to still have the ones god gave you (bitches!), leave them in the hands of a professional.

RIP Dial Hard's eyebrows.

*fist bumps chest*

*bows head*

Advertisement