Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about 409 and 403 Morning times.

Options
  • 27-06-2015 10:51pm

So after lots of looking I've finally managed to get a job and start bright and early Monday morning. It's been a long time since I relied on buses in Galway but as I live in Menlo and will be working in the industrial park on Parkmore Road I'm at their mercy. Just wondering if anyone does the whole Eyre Square to Parkmore run on either the 403 or 409 and how long it takes? I'll be starting at 9:30 so figure that the 8:30 bus should get me there in time but want to be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Both arrive at Parkmore around 9. Sometimes the 409 can get caught at Briar Hill for a few minutes (one time 15). Because of that the 403 can a bit more consistent with regard to arrival time.

Though lately the 409 is leaving the square at 8.30 whereas the 403 hasn't arrived yet.

But yeah, you should be fine getting the 8.30 or even 8.45. You might even be able to chance the 9, though you'd have very little wiggle room.

Congrats on the job.

Thanks for that, been awhile since I used the buses to get up there and just wanted to check. Was going to take a trip out on the bus today but figured that Sunday traffic and Monday's would be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Be careful though the buses when on the odd occasion that they arrive in Eyre Square Early are leaving early too. I checked my watch with the internet time on my PC and my phone. Two mornings in a row the 9am bus left at 8:57am . I missed one as it was just taking off as I arrived for it. I caught the bus driver at the corner but he wouldn't let me on even though it still wasn't 9am. :mad:

And of course the 9:15am was late lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Be careful though the buses when on the odd occasion that they arrive in Eyre Square Early are leaving early too. I checked my watch with the internet time on my PC and my phone. Two mornings in a row the 9am bus left at 8:57am . I missed one as it was just taking off as I arrived for it. I caught the bus driver at the corner but he wouldn't let me on even though it still wasn't 9am. :mad:

And of course the 9:15am was late lol.

It's just possible that what you saw was actually the 8:45am running late.

I don't know about the 409 on weekday mornings, but it's quite common for the 8:15 and 8:45 403s to be 15 minutes late.

OP, good luck with the job. Don't forget to allow time to walk from the bus-stop to it, some of the places down the back of Parkmore West, in particular, are a fair hike away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's just possible that what you saw was actually the 8:45am running late.

I don't know about the 409 on weekday mornings, but it's quite common for the 8:15 and 8:45 403s to be 15 minutes late.

OP, good luck with the job. Don't forget to allow time to walk from the bus-stop to it, some of the places down the back of Parkmore West, in particular, are a fair hike away.

Nope it's not the earlier bus. I was there again this morning and was getting the 9:15 bus, it was parked up for about 10 min before it left at 9:13am.
    It even stated 9:13am on the clock in the bus !

• Advertisement

Nope it's not the earlier bus. I was there again this morning and was getting the 9:15 bus, it was parked up for about 10 min before it left at 9:13am.
    It even stated 9:13am on the clock in the bus !

Saw it with the 8:30 bus, it pulled out a few minutes before the half hour mark and people were complaining that it happens all the time. Managed to get up there a full 50 minutes early and was told in future it would be fine to get the 9 and be a little late rather than have to be waiting around. Then, in a stroke of great fortune one of the people I work with asked if I'd like a lift in future as they live one estate over from me. An extra hours sleep is not to be scoffed at.

Advertisement