Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pen Corner, College Green

Options
  • 27-06-2015 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hey, I'm looking for some info on The Pen Corner in Dublin.

I've managed to travel home with 5 pens and 0 ink bottles. I'll be in Ireland only for a few weeks but I will be in Dublin next week. Can anyone tell me what brands of ink the Pen Corner sells? I'm looking for bottled fountain pen ink, not carts (all piston fillers). I can't find any info at all on the internet about what they stock.

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They've got some black, and possibly some blue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Parker cross shaeffer and Mont bland irrc I'm multiple colours

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

They definitely stock Parker, Cross, Waterman, Mount Blanc and loads more they'll most likely have the ink you need if they don't the chances are you won't find it anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Thanks for the speedy replies! A few shoes of Montblanc ink should do me nicely. Anyone know if they stock J. Herbin ink by any chance?
    They've got some black, and possibly some blue.

Life's too short for black ink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Thanks for the speedy replies! A few shoes of Montblanc ink should do me nicely. Anyone know if they stock J. Herbin ink by any chance?

Life's too short for black ink ;)

I'm sure they probably do but you can give them a call before you pop in to see if they do. If they don't and someone else does they'll be able to tell you. Their number's 01-679 3641.

• Advertisement

Just to report back in case any other pen addicts find this thread on a search...

The Pen Corner had a fairly decent selection of bottled inks:
    Montblanc : including the new permanent inks, but no LEs

Parker - blue and black
    Cross - black
    Waterman - full line
    Pelikan - full line of 4001 ink, no Edelstein
    Lamy - a handful of the 30ml inks
    ST Dupont - blue and black
    J. Herbin - approx 4-5 of the line

They also have lots of Lamy pens on discount, with some great ranges of Cross and Parker pens.

I picked up a new Cross Botanica and another Lamy Logo along with 3 bottles of MB ink to support a great Irish business! Prices are comparable to online retailers. Lamy Safaris and Alstars from €15-20!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Wow ,some people get off on PENS lol.

anto9 wrote: »
    Wow ,some people get off on PENS lol.

Fountain pens*

Advertisement