Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities near Barleycove Beach?

Options
  • 27-06-2015 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Myself and my husband are travelling to West Cork in mid July for a week with our 12 and 11 yr old boys. We are staying in a friends house near Barleycove Beach.

It's been a few years since we were in the area, and we loved it, but on this occasion we are looking to identify some activities for the boys that aren't weather dependent and not too far from the area.

Have had a quick look online to no avail, and wonder it anyone can recommend anything, in particular a pitch and putt course or similar - they're active/sporty young fellas so preferably need something they can expend energy on!

Comments

I'm going back quite a few years here, but there used to be a par 3 golf course/pitch and putt on the hotel grounds (just behind the main beach).

Schull would have a centre or two with watersports/similar activities too which might be of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

That pitch and putt course is gone now.
    Think the nearest one is in Dunmanway.
    There's golf in Bantry if you think they might do that.

There's a surf camp that runs off the beach during the summer for a couple of ours a day so I'd say they'd like that.

There's plenty of walks in the area if they'd be into that.
    A visit to the Mizen Head lighthouse would be good too.

There might be local activities in the Goleen Community Centre.
    There's a 'Schull and Fitbones' camp in Schull too as well as the water sports mentioned already.

frash wrote: »
    That pitch and putt course is gone now.
    Think the nearest one is in Dunmanway.
    There's golf in Bantry if you think they might do that.

There's a surf camp that runs off the beach during the summer for a couple of ours a day so I'd say they'd like that.

There's plenty of walks in the area if they'd be into that.
    A visit to the Mizen Head lighthouse would be good too.

There might be local activities in the Goleen Community Centre.
    There's a 'Schull and Fitbones' camp in Schull too as well as the water sports mentioned already.

I thought it might be - I was going to mention the course opposite the caravan park but I daresay that's probably gone with 20 years :D

Beautiful spot - is there still a crew renting windsurf boards/kayaks etc on the beach on the way to crookhaven?....cockle beach??

Crookhaven......they're a bit young for a few pints of cider sitting out on the pier by Sullivans I suppose :D

I thought it might be - I was going to mention the course opposite the caravan park but I daresay that's probably gone with 20 years :D

Beautiful spot - is there still a crew renting windsurf boards/kayaks etc on the beach on the way to crookhaven?....cockle beach??

Crookhaven......they're a bit young for a few pints of cider sitting out on the pier by Sullivans I suppose :D

I think there might be a few holes left by the caravan park actually.
    Not sure how many - definitely not 18 anyway. Doubt it's 9 either.

Yes - still someone renting out stuff on that beach - forgot about there.

Was out that way today.
    9 holes of pitch and putt beside the caravan park but the greens are bushier than the fairways!

• Advertisement
Advertisement