Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has boards educated you on certain matters?

• 28-06-2015 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Like when it comes to politics or places or anything for that matter?

Sometimes I talk to people and they wouldn't have a breeze to the goings on in politics lets say because it wouldn't be in the media but I would have seen it on boards

Yet I feel a bit embarrassed actually saying oh I read it on boards!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

No.

Maybe? Can you repeat the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

It educated me to never underestimate the power of a bandwagon and to never underestimate just how stupid people can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No. If anything I'm probably several points stupider. Could be worse, imagine what reading thejournal every day would do to your IQ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

That sinn fein are the future of the country and there will be free money for all is what I've gleaned from boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

It has indeed. On some topics in some of the forums you have real experts that can explain complex concepts simply so others can understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

That most of life's problems can be solved wirh a hefty squirt of urine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yupp. Especially on matters concerning politics, business, economics, men, women, depression, travel and more which I've forgotten to list.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

No. If anything I'm probably several points stupider. Could be worse, imagine what reading thejournal every day would do to your IQ?

Or the daily mail...
    *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Legal discussion forum has shown me that someone can have no knowledge in their field, yet appear to have a job in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Plenty, just ignore the conspiracy people who think all the ills in the world are cause by 1 group of people and sometimes some interesting things pop up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Legal discussion forum has shown me that someone can have no knowledge in their field, yet appear to have a job in it.

Personal/Relationship Issues forum has shown me that a) everyone thinks they're an expert and b) 'low self esteem' is the diagnosis for all issues.

Advertisement