Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying a Patio

Options
  • 28-06-2015 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I have a 16m2 patio to lay - I will be digging out to around 6" and lay 3" of hardcore then whack it. The rest then will be a bed of morter and a 40mm flag

So my 16m2 is about 172sqfoot and I am trying to guesstimate how much hardcore, I believe about 3 ton might do but math is deffo not my strong point :(
    Any idea on sharp sand quantity and cement would be useful as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

16 m2 will equate to 1.5 tonnes approx of hardcore at approx 50mm deep, same for sand,
    So for a patio work on 50-60mm filling, and same for sand, some slabs are 50mm some 40 and some30 so when digging out allow for this.
    Tip : the more you dig out ,the more it costs to skip it and to fill the hole you just dug;);)
    Time to get good at the maths!!
    Tip 2 it's easier to stick to metric.
    Need more advice , just post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

rje66 wrote: »
    16 m2 will equate to 1.5 tonnes approx of hardcore at approx 50mm deep, same for sand,
    So for a patio work on 50-60mm filling, and same for sand, some slabs are 50mm some 40 and some30 so when digging out allow for this.
    Tip : the more you dig out ,the more it costs to skip it and to fill the hole you just dug;);)
    Time to get good at the maths!!
    Tip 2 it's easier to stick to metric.
    Need more advice , just post here.

great, appreciate the guidance :D
    A weekend of sweat and graft ahead ...

Advertisement