Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd are interested in Seamus Coleman

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The insecurities of LOI fans is almost as much of a classic as the Pool vs. United debates. Oh there is so much maturity.

Can you really compare one throwaway remark to a swarm of people who will destroy almost every thread United/Liverpool related or not with their ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

CSF wrote: »
    Can you really compare one throwaway remark to a swarm of people who will destroy almost every thread United/Liverpool related or not with their ****?

Oh god no its no where near as bad as that, but it does tend to regularly appear in most threads that whole "irish" or "real football" and occasionally "barstooler" all that crap. Which is equally as pointless to post as the baiting ****e pool/united fans post to send the thread to ****e.

Oh god no its no where near as bad as that, but it does tend to regularly appear in most threads that whole "irish" or "real football" and occasionally "barstooler" all that crap. Which is equally as pointless to post as the baiting ****e pool/united fans post to send the thread to ****e.
    I think these days it's usually contained to LOI related threads which is fine. Does it belong as debate in a thread like this? No.

As for the ontopic, I don't see this one happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

If it did happen, Everton could do worse than to ask for Rafael in part-exchange

If it did happen, Everton could do worse than to ask for Rafael in part-exchange

For sure, assuming Valencia stays as cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd rate Rafael over Coleman, just a shame about all the injuries. It would seem Van Gaal doesn't rate him that highly. I think Coleman is a bit overrated, good player though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Oat23 wrote: »
    We never had a sell on clause.
    You just know, given the situation we find ourselves in currently (cash strapped with compo owed to Heary and falling gates) that there are going to be some of our fans outraged that Everton/Coleman are not giving us any money as a 'thank you' :pac:

Sligo would still get a touch of any transfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

The usual suspects ever present in this thread, grown men sitting behind their keyboards in Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dagliah pyjamas getting their fix for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dempsey wrote: »
    Sligo would still get a touch of any transfer

I'm unsure of the rules, but hopefully you're right. Is there a percentage we would be due for training or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm unsure of the rules, but hopefully you're right. Is there a percentage we would be due for training or something?

I know my local club has gotten compensation everytime Shane Long moved club.

See Annexe 4 regarding Training Compensation

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/95/83/85/regulationsstatusandtransfer_e.pdf
    On registering as a professional for the first time, the club with which the player is registered is responsible for paying training compensation within 30 days of registration to every club with which the player has previously been registered (in accordance with the players’ career history as provided in the player passport) and that has contributed to his training starting from the season of his 12th birthday. The amount payable is calculated on a pro rata basis according to the period of training that the player spent with each club. In the case of subsequent transfers of the professional, training compensation will only be owed to his former club for the time he was effectively trained by that club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Nice !
    Sure even if he preferred to stay at Everton, he'd have to move just to help out his local club !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AgileMyth wrote: »
    There never was one. He was almost out of contract and it was the only offer on the table.

Pretty sure there was and you sold it for buttons, we shall see I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No, there's never been a sell-on. Cork sold Doyle's for buttons a few months before he went for £6 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No, there's never been a sell-on. Cork sold Doyle's for buttons a few months before he went for £6 million.

The question has been answered at our AGMs multiple times in the past few years. Definitely no sell on clause and there never was. We took what we were offered and were happy to get it. We were in a bit of a state back then too and the money was badly needed.

Advertisement