Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bardot dresses. Yay or Nay?

• 28-06-2015 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of bardot dresses? For those not in the know they are dresses that fall off the shoulder.

I just brought a coral bardot dress in river island for a wedding (see pic) and am a bit unsure about it. Do you think they might look a bit trashy? Do you need big boobs to carry it off? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think that's a gorgeous dress and certainly doesn't look trashy, but then not sure how "low it goes" as they say! Don't show too much cleavage anyway! It looks really nice though :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Gorgeous dress! Make sure you have a great strapless bra to wear with it, the Wonderbra Ultimate Strapless is really excellent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think it's perfectly appropriate. If it is church wedding get something to cover your shoulders (as you would with any dress). Btw it's a personal preference but I actually think the dress is better suited for smaller bust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think that dress is really pretty and totally don't think you need big boobs to wear it. Not trashy at all imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thanks for the opinions guys. I actually saw a picture of rosanna davidson wearing the same dress I brought. I think with white shawl and bag would be nice for wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i wish i looked like her in that dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

panda100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the opinions guys. I actually saw a picture of rosanna davidson wearing the same dress I brought. I think with white shawl and bag would be nice for wedding.

Looks stunning! Would be perfect with a cream/white shawl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Elegant and classy IMO. Not everything that shows a little skin is trashy. They're a classic. Always in style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I agree with the others - it is a beautiful dress, great colour. I think a smaller bust is better also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think a smaller bust is better also.
    Agreed - a dress like that needs a strapless bra, and in larger sizes they just don't work particularly well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 StylePoetic

As a man, I can say that that type of dress is one of the most alluring and classically attractive a woman can wear. The exposed shoulders, tanned preferrably, on a tasty summer's day.....perfection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This is quickly becoming let's relive our high school fantasies forum.

It is a nice dress if it fits well. The same as any other item of clothing.

Advertisement