Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxious & feel like a lunatic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Panic Much

I had a scan at 6w2d and was unsettled to just see a sac...I was left unsure because I thought I'd see more at that stage. Now I'm 12 weeks and everything's going good.

I also had a miscarriage on my first pregnancy and I know too well how anxious the first pregnancy afterwards can be. Hang in there x

Thanks that's reassuring to hear. Can't help but fear the worst. Really hope I'm wrong. Feel awful for my other half having to put up with me. He's trying so hard to stay positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

I had a scan at just over 6 weeks due to some spotting & they could only see a sac. Everything was fine as I'm now 39 weeks pregnant. It's still quite early at that stage to see a heartbeat so try not to think the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hi,its still v early to see a heartbeat. I know my own doctor won't perform an early scan before 8 weeks for this reason

Hi,its still v early to see a heartbeat. I know my own doctor won't perform an early scan before 8 weeks for this reason

I knew chances of seeing a heartbeat were slim. It's that we didn't see more than a sac and it would mean I'm at least a week behind what I think. I thought I would have seen fetal pole. Hopefully will be better in 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I also had a 6 week scan and saw the sac and I'm currently sitting here at 4am feeding my 6week old :)

hang in there :)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, it looks my intuition was right yet again. Symptoms faded last week so went for early scan. Only seen gestational sac which was measuring behind what it should. Started having brown discharge yesterday so ended up in ER and had another scan in EPU. Can still only see a gestational sac and hasn't grown. Sonographer adamant that absolutely nothing inside. I have to wait another week and go in again to confirm no changes. She said symptoms fading is indicative of hormone levels dropping. So looks like miscarriage number 2.

Has anyone ever had any investigation done after 2? It seems cruel that you have to have a third before they look into it. I would like to have some investigation done before trying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Panic much, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't offer any advice re-investigations.

Please take care of yourself and give yourself some time to heal xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm very sorry for your losses Panic much
    Life really can be very unfair Nd cruel.
    I've no advice really other than to look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

You poor thing. I don't know much about these things but if it's any consolation, my mam had two miscarriages before having my sister...and went on to have five children! Including twins!

I really hope everything works out for you- third times a charm please God. X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Panic much I'm so so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

So sorry to hear that OP. Thinking of you :(

Advertisement