Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Squire RIP

Options
  • 28-06-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Just heard the sad news that Chris Squire has passed away. I knew he pulled out of their US tour due to illness but never expected this so quickly. Great musician and a big loss to the Yes family and music in general.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

Very sad news. A great musician and very influential bass player.
    R.I.P. Chris and thank you for so much great music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

:( Always came across as one of the nice guys in rock music I have to say.

And one hell of string plucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Very sad news. Only read recently that he had been diagnosed with cancer. Must have been at a very advanced stage , didn't get much of a chance to mount a fight. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Don't know much Yes, but the bass in this is amazing

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

A very distinctive, versatile and influential Bassist for sure. A great example of a Rock Bass Player using the instrument to propel the songs and act as a prominent component of the bands dynamic. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

One of rock musics greatest bass players, there was no mistaking the snarling bass lines that would anchor Yes's songs. RIP

Advertisement