Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm weather city centre date options

Options
  • 28-06-2015 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

With the current good weather spell, the notion of being stuck in a stuffy pub or restaurant is not very attractive. Not too keen to sit at a table on the side of the street either. Can anyone recommend central-ish decent options for a drink, maybe some food, and a chat. The likes of the Schoolhouse and the Barge are overflowing these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Maybe a roof terrace like Green 19 on Camden St or Solas on Wexford St.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If you really want to impress, get a blanket and some nice food (perhaps M&S) and have a picnic ready for Merrion Sq, or Iveagh Gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

whiskeyman wrote:
    If you really want to impress, get a blanket and some nice food (perhaps M&S) and have a picnic ready for Merrion Sq, or Iveagh Gardens.

Great shout, Iveagh Gardens being my favourite. There are gigs on there though the next couple of weeks so access may be restricted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Great shout, Iveagh Gardens being my favourite. There are gigs on there though the next couple of weeks so access may be restricted
    Good point that.

The grounds of trinity can be lovely, or even Dublin Castle.

Stephens green can be a bit too busy when the weather is good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Make sure you're signed up here for ideas: http://www.happenings.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Rooftop bar at the Dean Hotel - Sophie's is pretty nice as is the rooftop bar in the Marker at Grand Canal Square. If it wasn't for the occasional skanger Blessington Street Basin is a lovely quiet spot.
    The Rose garden in the War Memorial in Islandbridge is lovely too, watch the rowers on the river, very peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

My favourite outdoor spots are Milano on Baggot Street Bridge, gorgeous terrace overlooking the canal, and Chez Max Baggot Street, first floor garden room. Both have great food and a lovely ambience.

I'm always on the hunt for nice outdoor dining/drinks places. If I think of any more I'll be back.

EDIT... just remembered House on Leeson Street, lovely spot too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Outdoor area of Chez Max on baggor street is a cracking shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Kayaking down the Liffy to the sea then, a drink in the river boat pub/restaurant?

http://www.mvcillairne.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks guys! Great ideas there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Ely wine bar have two outdoor areas and offer food. There is the one over by the IFSC and then another by grand canal square. Both offer nice food too. Grand canal square is usually my go to spot for outdoor drinks when I am in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Picnic in the Botanical Gardens.

Some crusty bread, houmous, olives, sun dried tomatoes & a nice bottle of wine/beverage of choice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks for the great suggestions, I'm sure they'll help lots of people. Took at least one person's suggestion from this thread and have other ideas from here if we get more good weather :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Took a walk through the grounds of trinity yesterday evening and there were lots of people just sitting in the grass having drinks outside the Pav - not too busy, very relaxed and if you're luck you might get a seat - if not there's plenty of grass :D It's still central so you can head off to a restaurant for food easily enough which we did :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

x2 for Ely

Been there a lot recently as my new job is right next to it in the IFSC and it's a decent spot for a date

Advertisement