Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome browser

Options
  • 28-06-2015 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,963 ✭✭✭✭

The site is now ridiculously under performing since Google latest updates to chrome browser on desktop and phone.

Underperforming in a sense that it takes 10seconds to load a selected page however if you duplicate the tab the selected page will open instantaneously.

Just wondering has there been any QA on the site performance on latest chrome on windows desktop and android devices.

Internet explorer is flawless
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Using windows 8.1 and chrome and not having any problems here.

Is fine on an android 4.2 using chrome also.

Both Browsers saying they are up to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Everyone in the office uses Chrome or Chromium and we're not seeing that I'm afraid - do you have any plugins which may be the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,963 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I would certainly consider the fault is with Chrome

I use no ad blocks or plugins of any type.

Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m

We had to make adjustments ourselves to our own apps due to some Chrome browser amendments effecting resizing on Mobile Devices and Desktop. This occurred just after the last release of chrome.

We utilise Sencha framework and some of their plugins failed post release.

I was just wondering is this something that you also might have to account for, good luck having Google rollback purposeful spec changes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,963 ✭✭✭✭listermint

OSI wrote: »
    Hmmm,

I'm using a newer version again and the site is running perfectly fine: 43.0.2357.130

Odd.

Just updated again there , will see if there is any change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

OSI wrote: »
    Hmmm,

I'm using a newer version again and the site is running perfectly fine: 43.0.2357.130

Odd.

That's the version I'm using, and it seems to be up-to-date.

I'm noticing two issues that have only cropped up recently.

1) I can't edit a post after saving it. It goes to a blank screen, then when I hit backspace it appears to be allowing me to edit the original post - however it saves the edited post as a duplicate of the original (i.e. it'll then show both the original post and the edited version.)

2) The log-in screen isn't loading properly ... I've attached a screenshot of what I get when I click the Log-in button. However it works fine once I put in my username and password, so it's not a big issue for me!

I usually use the Incognito mode, the issues seem to be happening in the regular mode too though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm getting that same login screen as well actually, with firefox (38.0.5, win 8.1)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I'm getting that same type of Login screen on both Chrome and Firefox.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm getting that as well across multiple devices (mac, HTC phone, laptop) in safari, chrome, Firefox and *shudder* IE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

Should be fixed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Cheers, working fine for me now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Yay, the sheep are back! :D

Advertisement