Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run in the Dark 2015 - Cork, Dublin, Belfast - 5k or 10k - November 11th

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Auntie Matter

The final insult from this mess of a race - I washed the long sleeved top today and most of the reflective layer on the lettering peeled off in the washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Fantastic Run in the Dark 2015 event in Dublin. Finished 10K in 49 mins, so reasonably happy. Love that 10K route. Fair dues to the organisers for getting it rolling and kudos all round to those who took park.

Best bit of all? JAFFA CAKES in the Goodie Bag! And sod the begrudgers. On to 2016 (my 5th RITD).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Peace wrote: »
    Did my first run in the dark this week. Won't enter this again. Those low granite bollards were very dangerous and the marhalls gave no warning. There were steps out of nowhere again without warning. The delayed start was a bit annoying considering i was there and getting very cold for at least 35minutes before the start.

All the above and i didn't even mention the walkers who were way out in front of me. I can't really blame them as the marshalls gave no assistance to people to try and get them positioned correctly.

Oh and then collecting the bag from the bag drop..... solid disaster. Actaully got dangerous for a while given the narrow space that people were being crammed into.

Good cause. Poor organisation in general which, as other have said, put saftey at risk in some circumstances.

You won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I see this race has not improved at all in the past few years, still being run as a "shur, it's for charidy" event?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

uvox wrote: »
    You won't be missed.

Do you not think that's a bit rude since if you read through the thread it's the general consensus as there were too many people and so issues on and off the course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭event

Pink11 wrote: »
    Just wanted to warn anybody who plans on doing this to sign up as soon as you're sure you want to do it. Last year it sold out really quickly and very early. I was on the waiting list for weeks and still didn't get a spot. I registered back in Feburary this year. Taking no chances :D

I'ts for a very good cause and anyone who is a fan of mid week races will love this. This year they announced that every entrant gets a free tech top (hear that aquinn!?). This is the first year we'll get a tee.

This event is on Thursday 11th November, 2015 in Cork, Dublin & Belfast.

Link: http://www.runinthedark.org/

Has anyone signed up for it yet? Did you enjoy it last year?
    Oh I'm treating it as a fun run. Nothing serious. It's for a good cause and a 10k mid week is always good for me.
    I'm dying to see the new long sleeve tech top we'll get this one. :p
    Calling all tech top collectors. Anyone who joins before August 31st gets a free long sleeve tech top!
    It's my post marathon fun run with a few friends. It'll be fun and it's for a good cause sure!
    You guys have to remember this was for a very worthy cause - Mark Pollock's Trust. Both raising funds AND awareness. It's a fun run in my eyes. I wasn't racing last night personally but I wouldn't advise anyone to use this as a race to PB in. It's only fair to classify this is a fun run.

Pretty sure I slowed down thinking i had gone passed the finish line before realising I hadn't passed the proper one. D'oh! My chip time is slower than my watch too. It was tough trying to navigate through the 5k walkers to the finish line (I was a 10ker!)

The Samsung one was very similar in problems/route/time etc but theirs was purely a money racket. (the long sleeved tech top is fab though I use it all the time so I've gotten the value out of that reg fee by now I think:D

You sure seem desperate to promote this race....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

event wrote: »
    You sure seem desperate to promote this race....

And so what if she is? The race was for a very good cause

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

BDJW wrote: »
    And so what if she is? The race was for a very good cause

The race is to raise money for Mark Pollock, not for a charity as such, just to be clear. Maybe a portion of the money goes to a charity, but it's not clear from the website.

I've nothing against the Pollock Trust as such, but it's not accurate to think of it as a charity, as many do.

Advertisement