Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moodley Meats

Options
  • 29-06-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised that there has been no mention of these wonderful foods before - Moodley Meats. At the moment they are doing vegan burgers and bacon, and they are both really, really good. I have never eaten bacon before (yeah really!), nor had I ever eaten one of the veggie bacons out there, but these things are great. The burgers are really good too, I had a BBQ'd bacon cheeseburger earlier with Violife cheese :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've never heard of them, are they only available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Online only for now, but hopefully that'll change soon. I know the people behind this, I've been their omnivorous product taster/tester from time to time. The burgers are by far the closest to what you'd expect for a 'beef' burger from a veggie/vegan product I've ever had.

The bacon allowed me to have my usual bacon cheeseburger without it involving any animal products which was definitely a first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

They look delish, I'll have to order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've ordered a few times from them, another order coming soon (I think today actually!). They seem like nice people and the food is fantastic (shipping is a bit dear imo!)
    If you buy 4 you get 1 free atm, I have done that on all my orders. I adore the bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Reading this thread last night I decided to pun in an order about 10:45pm. I got a txt from Ais by 11 asking if I wanted my order that night as they were out doing deliveries and could be with me in 15 minutes! It was around midnight Ais arrived wit a bag of goodies! I have to say I find the bacon a little too strongly flavoured but not enough to stop me!

I'm looking forward to new products and it's great to see a young Irish company getting "out there" and competing with the overly processed competition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

She mentioned to me last night that they are getting into some supermarkets due to all the demand.

The bacon is best in a BLT, with avocado and mustard/mayo, raw onion also. I added raw mushroom to mine too. Oh lawd.
    I find it wasted in comparison in other things I've tried, if anybody has any success let me know.

F70hCfn.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've ordered a few times from them, another order coming soon (I think today actually!). They seem like nice people and the food is fantastic (shipping is a bit dear imo!)
    If you buy 4 you get 1 free atm, I have done that on all my orders. I adore the bacon.

How much is delivery?

€6.80 no matter how much you order, so I suppose you could order loads. I usually get 5 packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

€6.80 no matter how much you order, so I suppose you could order loads. I usually get 5 packs.

Thanks. 1 last question:D Is the stuff freezable?

I'm not sure, none has ever lasted very long but I'm pretty sure it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Yes you can freeze them, I found the bacon kinda stuck together and was awkward to separate. The burgers were fine, I took them straight from the freezer into the frying pan.

Advertisement