Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom has abandoned broadband rollout

Options
  • 29-06-2015 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I went in to an emobile shop during the week and was more or less told that Eircom has abandoned the rollout of fixed line broadband in Ireland as it was not financially viable ( or "suspended indefinitely" as he quaintly put it)

Obviously Eircom does not want this to be publicly known so reps here won't confirm this or list which exchanges are not enabled. This information is not publicly provided anywhere by Eircom.  The information on the Eircom website has been acknowledged to be false. 

Obviously as Eircom is a for profit only company they have no public service obligation to provide broadband. However maybe someone else might be able to provide the following information.

How many Exchanges were never broadband enabled? 100? 200? 300?

Were any Exchanges broadband enabled in 2015?

Originally posted by eircom: Mark 

I have spoken to our broadband networks & roll  out team. They have advised that at the moment there is no plans.......

They advised that there is not an escalation point  or process in which eircom are addressing queries regarding enabling exchanges of bitstream broadband at this time.

I am very sorry I could not get back with better  news or options. 

Thanks, Mark  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Well done on posting snipped quote from the following thread

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056324032

That post you are misquoting was posted in 30 May 2012......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi tuch

As Sour lemonz mentioned above that was quite a long time ago - broadband roll-out has not been abandoned.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

Well done on posting snipped quote from the following thread

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056324032

That post you are misquoting was posted in 30 May 2012......
    Hi tuch

As Sour lemonz mentioned above that was quite a long time ago - broadband roll-out has not been abandoned.

Thanks
    Al

Ah. Hadn't realised that the post was from 2012, But has anything changed.  Is there now "an escalation point  or process in which eircom are addressing queries regarding enabling exchanges" or are Eircom still refusing to answer any questions regarding any plans to enable any more Exchanges.

Alan. What a wonderful answer. You make a statement but refuse to back it up in any way. You claim that "broadband roll-out has not been abandoned" but refuse to provide anything at all to support this assertion. If what you are claiming is true why won't you answer basic questions?

1 How many hundred Exchanges were never enabled for broadband?
    2 How many Exchanges were broadband enabled in 2015
    3 Do Eircom have any plans to enable any more Exchanges. If they do perhaps you could name them.

I would be amazed if Eircom addressed any of these questions as they have refused to for years. Instead I expect the generic cop out. PM me with your address. 

Advertisement