Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on 1st gen iPad

• 29-06-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I bought a 1st gen iPad for my Dad and the IOS is only 5. Most of the apps in the apps stoe need IOS 7 at least. Is there anyway around this? Can I upgrade to IOS 7 or where can I find apps for IOS 5????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

No, it's not possible to upgrade to iOS 7 unfortunately, and most apps are iOS 7 and above because they've been coded that way. Hope you didn't pay too much for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Pretty sure Netflix will still work on iOS 5

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭The Wife

su77oneill wrote: »
    I bought a 1st gen iPad for my Dad and the IOS is only 5. Most of the apps in the apps stoe need IOS 7 at least. Is there anyway around this? Can I upgrade to IOS 7 or where can I find apps for IOS 5????

I've done the same. Paid €100 for it. Useless.
    Anyone know of any apps for kids that work on iOS 5.1.1????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There used to be a trick for getting older versions of apps. Download/purchase them on a PC/Mac using iTunes. Then go into the purchased tab in the App Store on your iOS device and download it, prompting it to offer you the latest compatible version. Of course, in the case of apps like Netflix, Spotify, etc, there’s no guarantee that their service will still work with the older version of the app, but it’s worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭The Wife

matchthis wrote: »
    Pretty sure Netflix will still work on iOS 5

Nope

• Advertisement
Advertisement