Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents insurance

• 29-06-2015 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I applied online to get contents insurance for the contents of my council apt as I am getting it refurbished, floors ect.

All the places I tried ask if you have ever been convicted of a criminal offence and if so it wont let me go any further with my application.

I was brought to court last year for criminal damage to someones car, was fined and payed it.

Does this mean I cant get insurance ? or does anyone know if
    A. they actually check this out ? or
    B. is there a company that will insure my contents with the knowledge of my offence?

TIA P.S hope i posted in the right place :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to talk to a broker. The insurance company websites only want to deal with the boring cases who tick all the right boxes, if you're outside the mainstream you need to go to a broker.

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭berniepixie

coylemj wrote: »
    You need to talk to a broker. The insurance company websites only want to deal with the boring cases who tick all the right boxes, if you're outside the mainstream you need to go to a broker.

I Will do that. Thank you .

Advertisement