Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice to quit lease

Options
  • 29-06-2015 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

The house im renting has recently went sale agreed and we received a notice to quit last week from the letting agency,they gave us till september to move out which is fair enough,my question is we have found a house up the road for rent within the next two weeks am i liable for the rent for july and august or can i move when its available,ill be telling the agent the landlord can keep our deposit for this months rent as the house is immuclate and has stated that in the reference he gave us we just cant afford the 2,200e rent and deposit on the new place and pay the landlord 900e rent here as well am i been unreasonable? we have never been late in rent in the 4years we are here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would get on the phone to the letting agent and tell them you found a place and ask if you can just pay enough rent to cover the next two weeks. They might do a deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Negotiate. There is a legal minimum that you and the LL must give each other. But you are free to agree a shorter period, if you both agree. The LL may be happy for you to leave ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

How long have you been renting it and are you on a Fixed Term or a Part 4? They can get you out if you're on a Part 4 but if you're on a Fixed Term lease they can't until it expires (unless you agree to). Also, then they would have had to sell the house with a sitting tenant and, if the landlord did not inform the buyer, could be a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The house im renting has recently went sale agreed and we received a notice to quit last week from the letting agency,they gave us till september to move out which is fair enough,my question is we have found a house up the road for rent within the next two weeks
    Ask can you leave now, and keep your deposit. If the letting agency has half a brain, they'll bite your hand off and do so, as it ensures you won't be in the house come September. If.

Advertisement