Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for motors. ..again

Options
  • 29-06-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Whats with me getting constantly banned from Motors.

I noticed Duke O Smiley never got a ban despite calling me a prick, I am sure If i called someone a prick I would get banned for a long long time, else I would be free to call people pricks at will.

I got banned for saying the slightest things, seems a tad ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

Have you discussed this latest ban with the mod who banned you? That is the first step in the Dispute Resolution process.

See if you can resolve this directly with the mod. If you both cannot reach a resolution - come back here & we'll take a look at it for you.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

hi there

I got banned from colm_mcm for saying this for a week.

knew you would have a pip at the auld lexus, a glorified avensis with switches from a corolla.

A honda Legend is not even sold on these shores no more, I am sure if if was as good as ye mention it would be used to wheel the likes of enda kenny and co about.

The poster I was referring to (Duke O Smiley) called me a prick and did not even get a ban, think there is something up.

I replied to colm but got no reply.

cheers,

Hachiko

any update on this?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You only posted at 8pm that you received no reply from the mod, and it's now just after midnight. Our mods and CMods are all volunteers and have other things going on, so a little patience would be appreciated.

Hi Hachiko:

As it appears that you've received two warnings, three 1-day bans & a 1-week ban in the past six weeks in that forum - my review is taking longer than expected.

I hope to have a response for you this evening.

tHB

• Advertisement

no problem, I cant help have noticed that the above poster got absolutely no ban for abusive language at all, and cant imagine me getting away with that.

Hi Hachiko:

It would appear that this 1 week ban needs to be put in context regarding your recent form in Motors.

Over the past weeks the mods have had to take the following actions due to issues with your posts...

17.05 Warning - No chat on thread
    20.05 1-day ban - Discussing forbidden topic
    03.06 Warning - No chat on thread (again)
    10.06 1-day ban - Breach of forum charter
    17.06 1-day ban - Ignored mod instruction

Resulting in...

28.06 1-week ban - Ignored mod instruction (again)

In normal circumstances you would have received a yellow card for your retaliation to the other member's post (for which he was carded). However due to your recent form in the forum & the fact that you ignored a clear mod warning on-thread - the mod was forced to issue a 1-week ban to bring to your attention that your recent behaviour in the forum will no longer be tolerated.

If posters take no heed of previous warnings & bans, mods are left with little option but to issue bans of increasing length.

I also wish to point out that the actions of others are no excuse for your behaviour. You should have left it to the moderators to deal with. If you had done that - we wouldn't be here now.

I uphold the ban.

Please indicate if you wish to appeal to an Admin.

tHB

thanks for the update.

I will sit this out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement