Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about static on a MOBO

Options
  • 29-06-2015 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I feel a bit stupid asking this, but if the wires of the PSU and stuff rub off the MOBO, will that create static? Also what should I do when building to make sure I never have static?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I feel a bit stupid asking this, but if the wires of the PSU and stuff rub off the MOBO, will that create static? Also what should I do when building to make sure I never have static?

Not sure about your first question but to avoid static build the pc on a table not on carpet and also use an anti static wrist band. They are pretty cheap and you can get them in maplins or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Elusive_Chair

Ant695 wrote: »
    Not sure about your first question but to avoid static build the pc on a table not on carpet and also use an anti static wrist band. They are pretty cheap and you can get them in maplins or online.

Right, thanks. Does the wriststrap prevent static entirely, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Right, thanks. Does the wriststrap prevent static entirely, though?

Yeah as long as you ground it. Either with the clip to a point on a anti static mat or just to a piece of bare metal inside the case can't be something painted.

Also I know some people who prefer to stick it on their ankle as it's not in the way when working on the computer then. Still works just the same.

Advertisement