Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for hosting students

Options
  • 29-06-2015 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I am new to this and have students coming soon. Would love to hear from people hosting a while. I will have two 15 yr old girls. What works food wise? Rule wise, curfews for this age . is 9.30 / 10 pm reasonable? Do most teens bring phones now so I can text \contact them?.any tried and tested recipes that work? Lunch ideas, sandwich fillings that go down well..all help greatly appreciated..oh..and whatsorts of places
    Did they enjoy going with you? Thankyou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the language school should provide you with most of this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

>> What works food wise?

Ask them if there's anything they're allergic to. Apart from that, just make more of whatever you normally make. :)

>> Rule wise, curfews for this age . is 9.30 / 10 pm reasonable?

Yes, 10pm is reasonable. The language school sets a curfew.

>> Do most teens bring phones now so I can text \contact them?

Yes, get their phone number and give them yours as soon as they arrive. Easiest way is (if it's okay with them) to ring your phone from theirs, so if your number is 087 123 45 67, use their phone to call 00 353 87 123 45 67 and it should work.

If they don't have a phone with them, write out your name, address, and phone number and get them to stick it in their bag. Give them a map with your house marked on it. The language school usually provide a map but make sure they take it with them. Then if, God forbid, they get lost, they have some way of finding you, even if it's just by getting a taxi.

>> any tried and tested recipes that work?

Everyone seems to like pasta. :)

>> Lunch ideas, sandwich fillings that go down well..

I just give them cheese for the first day and after that, I ask them what they'd prefer and stock up on that. Generally ham or turkey or chicken are popular.

>> whatsorts of places
    Did they enjoy going with you?

Students love the zoo and they love Temple Bar - also if you have a skate park near you, they will be thrilled. :)

Advertisement