Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Granny flat out the back garden - What Cost??

• 29-06-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for help and advice.

I'm looking for a rough estimate for the complete build of a granny flat 15ft x 10ft.

How much would one expect to pay?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 mamalawlor

My folks paid 13 k for a 10 x 15 anix flat if that helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Danye wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for help and advice.

I'm looking for a rough estimate for the complete build of a granny flat 15ft x 10ft.

How much would one expect to pay?

Thanks.

Agranny flat is basically an extension to a house, so you have all the costs os meeting the Buildin Regulations associated with that.

you have the cost of the 15x10 structure and then you have to allow for the cost of the link building to the existing house, or is it tied to the existing house?

Ballpark budget = €15,000 (plus depening on finishes)

This would exclude planning and professional fees if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Have a look at websites for steel sheds some of them build fully insulated garden rooms finished inside with power points.
    And you can get any finish you want on the outside.

I was looking at sheds a few weeks ago and -snip- but there are others it may give you another option.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have a look at websites for steel sheds some of them build fully insulated garden rooms finished inside with power points.
    And you can get any finish you want on the outside.

I was looking at sheds a few weeks ago and -snip- but there are others it may give you another option.

The thing about garden rooms is, they are exempt from the building regulations as they are classed as domestic sheds. A granny flat is not exempt and thus you have higher requirements with regards to sub structure build up, insulation levels and various other requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Danye

Thanks all for your input.

• Advertisement
Advertisement