Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy take away snack dublin City?

Options
  • 29-06-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Can I get healthy snack in town?
    I'm needing food and I need my energy and concentration so would like to eat something that won't make me sleepy after eating, any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Snacks & Sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There was a thread not so long ago about healthy places for lunch that would do a few snacks as well.

M&S is pretty good for the small packs of fruit and nuts etc. I often pop in there for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Moved from Snacks & Sweets.

Thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Where abouts in town are you? There's plenty of places but no point saying somewhere on the top of the OC if you're up on baggot street.

I'm on Dame St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

I second M&S for healthy snacks. There is a place on Drury st called blazing salads which offer takeaway salads - www.blazingsalads.com or you could go to the deli counter in Fallon & Byrne or Avoca down the road from it on Suffolk st.

A quick Google gave me this list which might offer some alternatives - http://lovindublin.com/best-of/the-10-most-healthy-caf%C3%A9s-and-delis-in-dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Nuts and a banana and maybe a few squares of dark chocolate should keep you going a while, as would a small pack of cooked chicken or ham.

Pack of seeds is always handy to have and coconut water is full of electrolytes to keep you nicely hydrated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Blazing salads at the back of the georges arcade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sushi, plenty of places in town

I can't eat fish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Eat the sushi that doesn't have fish. There's plenty.

Eat the sushi that doesn't have fish. There's plenty.

Is it nice? Is there meat sushi?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

gsi300024v wrote: »
    Is it nice? Is there meat sushi?
    There is chicken and veggie for sure, and lots of places do beef or pork as well.

oh cool, I can't eat fish but gf likes it so be nice if we could still go to these places for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Chopped on Baggot St is excellent. Emer's Kitchen on Lesson St. as well...

Advertisement