Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM-Q - Possible to read SMS from panel?

Options
  • 29-06-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi ,

We recently had a HKC alarm fitted and went for the GSM-Q dialler with our own Tesco SIM.

I've just registered with Tesco to keep an eye on credit etc, but they text the password to the SIM. Is it possible ot read messages on the HKC or do I need to remove the SIM and put it in a phone?

If the latter, is there anything I need to look out for with either taking it out or putting it back in?

Thanks
    Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

dec2000 wrote: »
    Hi ,

We recently had a HKC alarm fitted and went for the GSM-Q dialler with our own Tesco SIM.

I've just registered with Tesco to keep an eye on credit etc, but they text the password to the SIM. Is it possible ot read messages on the HKC or do I need to remove the SIM and put it in a phone?

If the latter, is there anything I need to look out for with either taking it out or putting it back in?

Thanks
    Dec

Hi Dec,

The system will not keep a log of the sims. These texts are sent to your phone. What are you looking to find out from the texts? Your log if you have access has information which would of being sent in a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

altor wrote: »
    Hi Dec,

The system will not keep a log of the sims. These texts are sent to your phone. What are you looking to find out from the texts? Your log if you have access has information which would of being sent in a text.

Hi altor,

I'm just trying to get access to the last text that Tesco sent with the password for the online account, so I can access it and easily top up the number.

There is a command to have the last 10 log items from text sent to the phone, I just assumed it was log entries of intrusions or malfunctions.
    I'll try the log history and see what it reports.

Unfortunately the log only sends the info on what the alarm did – not the texts. Might try the Tesco mobile forum to see if there is any other way to get it before removing the SIM to put it in a phone.

Hi altor,

I'm just trying to get access to the last text that Tesco sent with the password for the online account, so I can access it and easily top up the number.

There is a command to have the last 10 log items from text sent to the phone, I just assumed it was log entries of intrusions or malfunctions.
    I'll try the log history and see what it reports.
    Unfortunately the log only sends the info on what the alarm did – not the texts. Might try the Tesco mobile forum to see if there is any other way to get it before removing the SIM to put it in a phone.

I see what you are doing now.

I would always recommend doing this before putting the sim in the alarm system. Saves all the bother of you having to down power the system to get the card to set it up now. Unfortunately the message they send is to the sim card you have installed so you need to have it in a phone to retrieve this information.

altor wrote: »
    I see what you are doing now.

I would always recommend doing this before putting the sim in the alarm system. Saves all the bother of you having to down power the system to get the card to set it up now. Unfortunately the message they send is to the sim card you have installed so you need to have it in a phone to retrieve this information.

Thanks for the response anyway, had kind of figured that might be the case. Put a post on the Tesco Mobile forum and hoping they might be able ot help before needing to get the SIM out.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response anyway, had kind of figured that might be the case. Put a post on the Tesco Mobile forum and hoping they might be able ot help before needing to get the SIM out.

Thats probably the best place to ask with what they can do.
    Keep us informed on how you get on.

Advertisement