Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Videos & Channels

Options
  • 29-06-2015 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Rather than filling up the forum with videos of others & not original content, we will keep all channel & video recommendations in this thread. So, if you have a video or channel you'd like to share that is not your own, post away :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's no secret I'm a big Game Chasers fan. For anyone interested, check out their channel here. Essentially, they're retro game collectors who video their exploits out in the wild searching for games in flea markets, stores, and swap meets etc. Here's their most recent video:

Another retro recommendation here - The Gaming Historian. Norm's videos are excellent if you like content that's high on quality & low on filler. He makes informative videos on all things retro game related:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I like what norm does. it's very well put together and it's nice to get a channel that's not all hectic, loud and in-you-face ... or maybe I'm getting old :D

LongZ wrote: »
    I like what norm does. it's very well put together and it's nice to get a channel that's not all hectic, loud and in-you-face ... or maybe I'm getting old :D

Ha, I'm exactly the same. I love his presentation & style, it's so easy to watch

I'll meet him in September too at the retroware convention . can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

Yet another retro reviewer, Stop Skeletons From Fighting. Derek is a cracking reviewer, just bursting with passion, flair, and presentation style. His videos are brimming with quality, and yet again, are incredibly low on filler (if indeed containing any at all). Check him out

Another one for the retro lovers out there, 16 Bit Gems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Nice piece here about the Mega Man games on Sega

An interesting look at the Ultima series of games (for any oldies out there). The channel, MetalJesusRocks, is on my subbed list & is packed with content, definitely give it a look :)

• Advertisement

LGR is one i've been following for a longtime. Love his tone and voice :)
    Also it's great to see a retro gaming channel that's dedicated to proper computing and not just gaming console.
    He's also, along with Pat the NES Punk, one of the guys that popularized flea market, and game chasing, videos

^^ cheers looks good, will take a look :)

he's a big sims fan. I'm not into the sims but he somehow makes it interesting :)

but check out his playlists, that's where the interesting stuff is:
    Dos Games
    Tech Tales
    Reviews

and LGR Thrifts vids

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

My favourite gaming Youtubers:

Super BunnyHop better critiques than most big gaming news websites
    Noah Caldwell-Gervais similar to the above
    KieranMFilms cynical Australian behind the CoD Commentator parody 'Generic Geoff'
    Gggmanlives another aussie who does shooter reviews
    Eight Thoughts uses vulgar sexual language brilliantly
    ELPRESADOR mentally unstable 40-odd-year-old who loses his temper over online shooters and NFL
    MarleyThirteen scottish trolling videos

Some Irish Channels
    RambushGaming sometimes angry Dubliner
    WilliamDHD hasn't uploaded in a long time, did some song parodies
    WayneWexford just gave up uploading

Resi 4 (by Stop Skeletons From Fighting)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Isn't he also in a Chiptune or Retro-Gaming band/DJ group?.... I seem to remember drunkingly stumbling upon that once

Cormac... wrote: »
    Isn't he also in a Chiptune or Retro-Gaming band/DJ group?.... I seem to remember drunkingly stumbling upon that once

Possibly, I wasn't aware :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Myrddin wrote: »
    Possibly, I wasn't aware :)

Found it after some digging, I believe one of their tunes was the HVGN theme song previously. It's actually fairly enjoyable stuff

http://starshipamazing.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Here's my subs

Scott Manley
    Scott Manley is the Astronogamer - a rare fusion of gaming and science in one powerful combination. Able to deliver astonishing scientific facts while flying, or crashing digital simulations of spacecraft.

Also occasionally shares cute videos of his kids.

Games Done Quick
    Game speedruns

Errant Signal
    Here at Errant Signal we felt the world was lacking in internet reviews of videogames, so we set out to fill that void. Upon realizing it was standing room only, we decided to try that new Italian place instead.

MikeyTaylorGaming
    Bringing you the Popular 'Glitch Picnic' series, I take you into the world of Video Game glitches from all your favourite Retro Games. Recording only High Quality Video and Audio, you're sure to have the best viewing experience! Enjoy!

Space Chicken
    More glitches. Not much content lately..

ZeroEmpires - Age of Empires 2
    AOE2 tournaments (I don't play the game but can't get enough of watching others play it)

Robbaz
    His voice makes me crack up. His content has been very 'same as usual' lately though.

Scykoh
    More game glitches

A+Start
    Even more glitches - seeing a pattern?

• Advertisement
Advertisement