Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashes 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I love the way TMS commentators are going quiet and allowing the Mitchell Johnson song to come right through to the listener.

They're actually a bit stuck for commentary....things have got slow, but we're nearly there TG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

2 needed!!

All done. Good partnership there with Bell and Root.

Some series this!

YAHOOO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

I'm so happy :) Well done England, I'm going for a pint!

• Advertisement

That'll give the selectors something to ponder. They got it right this time. I wonder what they'll do about replacing Anderson.....Wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

vienne86 wrote: »
    That'll give the selectors something to ponder. They got it right this time. I wonder what they'll do about replacing Anderson.....Wood?

Yeah certainly Wood. I don't think he was completely "dropped" as he may have needed a break. He looked out of sorts towards the end of the second test and I just think he needs to strengthen up mentally and physically.

I'd be surprised if he wasnt included. Aussies have to bounce back again, should be a cracking test, hopefully the weather doesn't play havoc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

That's a relief. I never underestimate England's ability to have a complete batting disaster. That was quite comfortable in the end though. Nice sensible batting from Cook and Root.

Joe Root really impresses me, he is really good at adapting his batting style to suit the requirements of the innings. He is just as comfortable scoring a fifty of 40 balls as he is of grinding out runs and doing it in 120.

MOTM goes to Finn - 8 wickets. Well he can't be left out of the next test! Ian Bell must have been in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

We're only three matches into a five match series, but this prediction, made more than three weeks ago, is looking remarkably accurate.
    only two things that can stop a whitewash imo, Lords or the rain.

Singling out Lord's for an Australian win was quite reasonable, as England's record against Australia there isn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Whoop! Opening the wine early. Great result!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Surely Lyth is going to have to be dropped now? Even if there isn't much competition for the place Lyth is so bad so far England might as well play with 9 wickets

Surely Lyth is going to have to be dropped now? Even if there isn't much competition for the place Lyth is so bad so far England might as well play with 9 wickets

Who do you go with at the top of the order then? Would you take a chance on Hales??

Fourth Test!

Trent Bridge!

Come on England!

Youtube TMS Feed

I've taken tomorrow as a Work From Home, Day 2 was pretty good last week, so hopefully that continues.

England win the toss and are bowling.

Austlolia

10/2 1 over.

jesus ****ing christ

10/3

I actually thought Blowers was going to have a stroke.

Incredible start for England. Let's see what Marsh and Clarke can dig out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

15/4

WOW WOW WOW WOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The aussies may grab ponting, warne and mcgrath out of the tv studio's and send them out for 2nd innings ;)

21/5

BOOOOOM!!!!

It's the earliest the 5th wicket has EVER fallen in a test (25th Ball)

Clarke in double figures.

Clarke in double figures.

And gone :D

That's him giving up.

Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Broad's taken 5 wickets for 6 runs in 19 balls. Yikes.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

This might turn into an ODI :P

• Advertisement

lol, Finn in for his first over.

After his haul last week this is ominous.

Advertisement