Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS All-In-One Sound Issue.

Options
  • 29-06-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

My OH bought himself one of these PCs about a week ago, and we've been having some trouble with the sound. At times (of no relevance, literally at any time) the sound is fine, others it sounds just like headphones are plugged in but the sound is really high so you can hear it (albeit a bit gritty) coming from these imaginary headphones.
    Drivers are up to date (Realtek HD Audio) and I've changed and restored every sound-related setting I could think of. I uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled it again. That worked once, but the issue returned.
    Any ideas what I could try to permanently fix the problem? PC was bought in PC World. I can obviously go back with it but OH doesn't want it sent off for repair - he wants only a replacement or refund. He's worried they will only offer him a repair and he'll be stuck without anything to use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Have you tried headphones to see if the sound stays good ? It could be more an electrical/hardware issue than a software/driver problem. A bad audio lead or an incorrectly wired one could cause a similar issue as indeed could a faulty audio socket on the PC. Just plugging in headphones and listening might shed some light on it.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

ZENER wrote: »
    Have you tried headphones to see if the sound stays good ? It could be more an electrical/hardware issue than a software/driver problem. A bad audio lead or an incorrectly wired one could cause a similar issue as indeed could a faulty audio socket on the PC. Just plugging in headphones and listening might shed some light on it.

Ken

As it happens, the sound is perfect through headphones while the issue is on going when they are plugged out. I suppose its back to the store with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is there a seperate audio out and headphone socket ? Plug the 'phones into the audio out where the problem is and see if the sound works ok. If the sound stays fine then I'd be looking elsewhere for the problem. What are you connecting the audio out to ?

Which model of All-In-One do you have ?

Ken

Advertisement