Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with opening PDFs in Chrome

• 29-06-2015 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

I know the latest versions of Chrome are getting rid of NPAPI support so the Adobe plugin won't work in the future.

But the Chrome native PDF view doesn't seem to work either, I just get the message Couldn't load plugin.

Anyone come across this and get it resolved ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Stupid option is to always save files of this type and open in a separate pdf app

Adobe reader has gone full retard so try foxit or satsuma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, it's pretty irritating to save each time. I have both explorer and Firefox which I copy the link into but I'm tied into the whole Google ecosystem for what was until now convenience.

The inbuilt chrome pdf viewer as good as doesn't exist and I can take minor comfort of knowing that there seems to bit many out there with similar issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I use SRWare Iron (Chrome without spying on you to Google) and Foxit, they just work. I think you can still 'sign in' to Google from Iron if you need to.

Advertisement