Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Check/Score

Options
  • 29-06-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I'm in the process of trying to get a credit check/score for when I lived in America. I've tried the three main sites expedian, experian, and trans union. But none of them have been able to confirm my credit card details, and I assume this is because I don't have a US credit card. Has anyone successfully obtained a report whilst living in Ireland that can offer some advice? I actually only lived there for ~6 months so I'm wondering will any such report exist given it was such a short period of time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

credit only kicks in when you have a line of credit and start to pay it off.

So if you don't have a credit card, never got a car loan etc, then you aren't going to have a credit rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Try Credit Karma, its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

credit only kicks in when you have a line of credit and start to pay it off.

So if you don't have a credit card, never got a car loan etc, then you aren't going to have a credit rating.

+1 OP you probably need to write to the bank where you had an account to ask them to give you a sort of 'reference' like you had an account from this date to that, you left them as a customer in good standing and you were never refused a facility that you applied for - that sort of thing.

As stated above, if you never had a loan or credit card, you will never have appeared on the radar of any of the credit rating agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Did you have a social security number? That is how the 3 credit bureau track your credit rating and score.

Advertisement