Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate Account Set UP

Options
  • 29-06-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

So my partner and I decided to avail to the Eircom bundle offer in April. All good. Today we noticed that Eircom attempted to debit our account twice and on investigation we have discovered that you set up two accounts and failed to cancel one of the accounts. Whilst onto your customer service I was told that I had to go through normal cancellation procedures - ie ring a number and be kept on hold for hours. So even though Eircom can see the error, and have confirmed that it was indeed an error on their side, that I must waste my time to rectify. Surely if this can be seen by all and sundry in Eircom there is no need to go through this, when as I say the error was completely Eircom's ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So my partner and I decided to avail to the Eircom bundle offer in April. All good. Today we noticed that Eircom attempted to debit our account twice and on investigation we have discovered that you set up two accounts and failed to cancel one of the accounts. Whilst onto your customer service I was told that I had to go through normal cancellation procedures - ie ring a number and be kept on hold for hours. So even though Eircom can see the error, and have confirmed that it was indeed an error on their side, that I must waste my time to rectify. Surely if this can be seen by all and sundry in Eircom there is no need to go through this, when as I say the error was completely Eircom's ?
    Hi MikeCairo78

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this - Please PM me both account numbers and I will look in to this in detail for you. I agree - You should not have to go through the regular cessation procedure in this case.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement