Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still being billed after a/c closure

Options
  • 29-06-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I switched to Vodafone in Feb and didn't realise I needed to tell eircom to close the a/c. Eventually got it done at end of April - got a 0.96 bill on May 8th and then assumed my a/c was closed.

However on Jun 18 another payment of 59.99 was taken by direct debit - I have no idea what this even is as I never paid that much when I had an active account!

Please could you look into this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I switched to Vodafone in Feb and didn't realise I needed to tell eircom to close the a/c. Eventually got it done at end of April - got a 0.96 bill on May 8th and then assumed my a/c was closed.

However on Jun 18 another payment of 59.99 was taken by direct debit - I have no idea what this even is as I never paid that much when I had an active account!

Please could you look into this?
    Hi stephenchilds

Sorry to hear of this, could you please PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this for you?

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You are entitled to 14 days advance notice of any proposed direct debit did you get this notice?

Also you can ask for an immediate refund within 8 weeks of any debit.

Hi stephenchilds

Just to note I received your PM and I will get back to you shortly

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 18 stephenchilds

The charge was due to not posting back the modem - all sorted now - getting refund thanks to excellent help from Alan at eircom.

Stephen

The charge was due to not posting back the modem - all sorted now - getting refund thanks to excellent help from Alan at eircom.

Stephen
    Thanks for updating the thread :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement