Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RD: General Gaming Channel 2006-2015

• 29-06-2015 3:57pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

nwJ5l5b.png
    Howdy folks :)

Welcome to RopeDrink's General Gaming Channel - a place showcasing everything from raw gameplay via a hardcore gamer across nearly all game genres in the mainstream and indie scenes, to music videos & appreciation, comedy machinima, flash animations, emulated classics and much more.
    • Basic Channel History:
    It all began during Vanilla WoW where I noticed several epic PvP videos that I fell in love with. "Why can't I do that?" I asked myself - and began looking into recording gameplay. Unfortunately, my PC at the time clearly wasn't up to the task - and my editing skills left a lot to be desired, yet I carried on and eventually produced my very first video at 20FPS @ 1024x768 resolution (not good!)

Later I began investing time in WarcraftMovies (Machinima & PvP) & NewGrounds (Music & Flash) whilst dabbling in animation and music making - all of which was also pumped into the channel. It slowly began to grow, more so when it began to encompass RE4 gameplay & mod showcases. As of today it is used to upload clips of anything I may be playing at the time - old or new @ many genres, as well as many game-related creative projects. If you were a fan of the SFvMK series from Proxicide, his work inspired some of my own. I wager no video would show my passion more than my dedication to "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" from 2008, made solely to learn flash and was my first (and only) complete flash animation - game related, of course!

Let's see if you can spot the blatantly obvious hints to Street Fighter :pac:

If you think you'd enjoy a general channel with no set theme other than 'game appreciation' with a hint of creativity, music and FUN, with no distractions and a slice of editing - check it out! If you have any questions regarding game development, editing, recording or content creation in general - feel free to ask anything you like! A lot of what I did (and do) was portfolio work of which helped me land my dream job - so I highly encourage anyone with a creative interest to not hold back and to follow their dream.

• World of Warcraft: Click Boom "Open Face Fun", 2011
    Note: Contains a lot of swearing :pac:

A movie from the end of the series, blending comedy themes with PvP arena. It doesn't contain any of the trademark Machinima from previous movies as it focused on in-game banter, something that the channel has very little of.

• Street Fighter IV (Fun Moments / Combo Videos / Gameplay)
    Reigning terror in the form of my laughable Keyboard Balrog. Everything from random fun moments to training videos and combo showcases as part of contributions to SRK Balrog Forums.

• Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
    Chilling out with everyone's favorite RE bad ass, H.U.N.K, in RER2 Raid Mode.

Vidcount: 5/5, 29th June, 2015.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Loving the commando remix on the channel intro!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Blue Neptune

Some nice videos, well produced - eye catching thumbnails.

Very curious as to why your your views seem to be very low compared to your subscriber count. You adding the correct TAGs to your videos? Think if you spent the time doing up better descriptions and add a few links in each of your videos combined with setting up a couple of 'cards' you should see a big improvement in views.

My content is also sporadic (schedule and game wise). Like you I uploaded some videos years ago that became popular and have similar view numbers as your old videos.

I only started producing videos regularly in March (when I had under 2k) subscribers - and even tho your content isn't consistent and is just bits and prices - it's well produced and I think you're missing something that's holding views back

I look forward to seeing your future productions. +1 Sub!

Advertisement