Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance increase of 30%

• 29-06-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Is it true that insurance in increasing by 30% across the board by all insurance companies from Wednesday next ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Recent reports in the financial press says that the Central Bank has told motor insurance companies to increase premiums by 25%. Something to do with more stringent solvency rules which cut in on Jan 1, 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Received my renewal today and it increased 26% even it added one more year no claim discount, so it is likely effectively 30% increase :( very disappointed as I expected some discount compare to last year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I don't own a car -walk to work (lucky me). Motorists get fleeced in this Country.

Advertisement