Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inflatable Kayak

• 29-06-2015 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

I want to buy an inflatable two person Kayak. I have no experience except for a few hour on a river on holiday. I will be using it on canals or small lakes or maybe in the sea on super calm days. Anyone recommend a kayak that would be suitable for me. I have been looking on the net but I with my lack of knowledge its difficult to decide. I would like to spend less than 500 euro.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

I want to buy an inflatable two person Kayak. I have no experience except for a few hour on a river on holiday. I will be using it on canals or small lakes or maybe in the sea on super calm days. Anyone recommend a kayak that would be suitable for me. I have been looking on the net but I with my lack of knowledge its difficult to decide. I would like to spend less than 500 euro.

Thanks in advance.

I have an inflatable one person Kayak - The Intex K1 Challenger. I got it off Amazon and I know they have a two person version of that also. You should get it for less than 200. No doubt a Kayak closer to your budget would be made of better material etc. but I have to say the one I have I can't fault. It is durable and has a good weight to it. I am only new to this myself and I have been on a canal, lake and estuary with it and find it great for that, but I won't be going near the sea or a river with it and would advise against that. It's great fun, best of luck with it, and make sure you buy 2 life jackets while you are at it. Enjoy.

Advertisement