Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

• 29-06-2015 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

#2 team in Europe doesn't have a thread going? Here we go.

New buys so far could go many ways... Dybala could explode, I've never been hugely impressed by Mandzukic, I think Khedira might still have lots to give. Then again Dybala could be the next Amauri, Mandzukic might prove me very wrong, and Khedira might not be motivated with Italian football.

Tevez and Pirlo going out are is a risk, but also a possibility. Our "A" game has been too reliant on Pirlo, when he keeps having more and more off days. Time to diversify. Last season already proved Juve capable of direct counter attacking play which made the team less predictable.

Juve key strenths are still - world #1 keeper, one of the better defenses, midfield full of 'complete' midfielders providing tactical flexibility on the fly.
    Attack will be a mystery but there should be enough options for things to click. Defense needs more speed, plus a fresh LB. Allegri wants a creator.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

#2?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I really hope juve can push on and become a European force again, as football needs a good Italian league. Problem is they are by far the dominant team in Italy with the rest being quite a bit behind.

I was very impressed by them on their euro run this year. Good overall team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Juve are the new Dortmund aren't they? Everyone is talking about their pluck.

I'm confident Juventus will continue to be a force, they have rebuilt and consistently improved, and they have not been selling 1st team talent i.e. the project aims even higher.
    There can be more than one team that people talk about that isn't from EPL or Barca/Real/Bayern. Juve have a history of being a top team, they just spent a bit of time rebuilding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Well you have Atletico in between too I suppose. Like those teams it's inevitable you lose some great players, Atletico did a much better job than Dortmund at replacing them and to keep it up Juventus will probably have to do better than both of those 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

World #1 goalkeeper? Our survey says *you got it wrong noise from Family Fortunes"

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Will Juve have a challenger next season? Roma lack a top quality striker to really scare them imo, Inter have spent a lot of money, but they have a lot of ground to make up. Lazio and Napoli are a bit meh from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

snowblind wrote: »
    Our "A" game has been too reliant on Pirlo, when he keeps having more and more off days. Time to diversify.
    Juve played best last season when Marchisio was the deep lying midfielder. Pirlo's time was up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

World #1 goalkeeper? Our survey says *you got it wrong noise from Family Fortunes"

May be coming to the end of his career but he's not far off, Gigi is world class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

cson wrote: »
    May be coming to the end of his career but he's not far off, Gigi is world class.

Course he's excellent, but Neuer is the best by a margin.

Course he's excellent, but Neuer is the best by a margin.
    I disagree. This season was one of the best I've seen from Buffon.

Odds for Juve to have a genuine challenger in Serie A are lower than in the last two seasons, but you never know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pogba to barca for €90m is the rumoured bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I disagree. This season was one of the best I've seen from Buffon.

Odds for Juve to have a genuine challenger in Serie A are lower than in the last two seasons, but you never know...
    Buffon isn't even that close to Neuer. He is closer to De Gea and Courtois alright, but there is a distance even there. You're entitled to disagree, but........you shouldn't.

CSF wrote: »
    Buffon isn't even that close to Neuer. He is closer to De Gea and Courtois alright, but there is a distance even there. You're entitled to disagree, but........you shouldn't.
    That's a pretty arrogant attitude.

I've seen plenty of journos say the same about Buffon, I think it's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2015/poll-goalkeeper-of-the-season-de-gea-buffon-bravo-and-neuer-tht-awards/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Thread stinks of AndersonIsGod for some reason. He hasn't even posted here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Oat23 wrote: »
    Thread stinks of AndersonIsGod for some reason. He hasn't even posted here though.

Sorry, that'd be my overpowering virtual aftershave.

good metaboarding guys, keep it up
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Pogba to barca for €90m is the rumoured bid
    yeah this looks like the first time there is a serious bid on him, all up to Raiola & Pogba now. although it looks like the Pogba bid is part of Laporta's election campaign, so who knows what that entails.

Is Pogba all that?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is Pogba all that?
    absolutely! he's not just very skilled, but he's got a stellar attitude and work rate too. no antics, just great football

• Advertisement

I like the look of the new kit, numbering looks a bit weird though with so much blank around it

CI0t4Q8W8AA4NHv.jpg:large
    CI0Bsm9UAAAkfFW.png:large
    CI0BO70UwAEveQs.png:large

Where's the silver star for winning a 10th Coppa Italia?

Where's the silver star for winning a 10th Coppa Italia?
    maybe the design was already too busy with all that swag

Hot news coming through:
    Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta reveals the club rejected an €80m bid from Barcelona for Paul Pogba.

A meeting took place between directors from the two clubs in Milan today, with Spanish media reporting that a pact had been agreed for the Frenchman not to be sold this summer.

However, speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport after the meeting, Marotta revealed that the Blaugrana had indeed made a bid.

“Yes, we received an offer of €80m,” Marotta revealed.

“But I can confirm that we will not sell Pogba.”
    http://www.football-italia.net/68562/marotta-%E2%80%98juve-turned-down-pogba-bid%E2%80%99

Storari signs for Cagliari and Neto signs for Juve.

€80m is big money to reject.
    What are they expecting to get for him?

They don't want to sell and don't need the money, I think that's what it comes down to!

Don't need the money?

I still think 80mill is too good to turn down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't need the money?

Unless he suffers a serious injury, they can get that next year too. He has a contract until 2019.

• Advertisement

Don't need the money?

I don't think there are good enough replacements out there so there would be more cash but weakened squad. In a way it would make sense, as Pogba would still stay for a year in Juve and they would have a full year to find replacements...but Juve appear to think Pogba is worth more to them than that, and I can't blame them. I love looking at him play

What a poor start for the season - yesterday was a great visualization of what happens when you replace Vidal & Pirlo with Padoin & Sturaro. Midfield was non existent.

Now they will do a couple of last minute panic buys, and that'll wrap up the transfers. It's not all as bad as it looked like yesterday though, once Marchisio is back, Pogba will not have to run the midfield on his own.... Sandro will provide pace on the wing, as will Cuadrado...Dybala looks good etc. The team might not glue perfectly in the autumn season but I hope at least for some entertaining football. Also deeply hoping Allegri will switch to 4-3-3. Cuadrado-Morata-Dybala could be very exciting...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

What a poor start for the season - yesterday was a great visualization of what happens when you replace Vidal & Pirlo with Padoin & Sturaro. Midfield was non existent.

Now they will do a couple of last minute panic buys, and that'll wrap up the transfers. It's not all as bad as it looked like yesterday though, once Marchisio is back, Pogba will not have to run the midfield on his own.... Sandro will provide pace on the wing, as will Cuadrado...Dybala looks good etc. The team might not glue perfectly in the autumn season but I hope at least for some entertaining football. Also deeply hoping Allegri will switch to 4-3-3. Cuadrado-Morata-Dybala could be very exciting...

Mandzukic has been atrocious in the opening 2 games, such a limited player.

Godot. wrote: »
    Mandzukic has been atrocious in the opening 2 games, such a limited player.
    I've never been a fan of him. Still hoping he could prove me wrong...Also he seems to be kranky as. Lichtsteiner is all the krank we need :rolleyes:

1-0 vs Man City and top of the group. Pogba is officially back in form, and Sandro played a MoM performance. Some gaffes but Buffon and Barzagli provide the wall.

Great win and Juve should win the group now. Massive performance by Marchisio tonight (apart from that bizarre pass to Buffon obviously).

• Advertisement

bump

Advertisement