Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts in the USA?

Options
  • 29-06-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

I know there is HUKD in the UK, but is there any similar forum like BA in the USA?

I'm particularly looking for deals in the Florida area as I'm off there on holidays soon.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Slickdeals is very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Bens bargains is quite good too, livehotdeals is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Can we get things shipped from the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

fatwallet.com - folks have mentioned others... heck even amazon.com can be worth a look too

generally the sites carry the chain stores and online folks - you'll have to warn the credit cards that you are going to ship to where you are staying - and be aware some hotels will charge you for deliveries...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

premiumoutlets.com good for deals at their outlets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Credit Card becomes a big issue with a lot of these things. In the majority of cases, US sites won't take cards with an International billing address even if you're shipping to a relative there.

Sometimes they will take them, but cancel the purchase within a few days, leaving you without your goods, and sometimes a good while before the money comes back to your card.

Using Paypal doesn't seem to help either, as you'd think they wouldn't know if it's an Irish or US based paypal account, but they seem to.

Very frustrating experience, so just thought I'd make others aware before they dive in.

Advertisement