Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sourcing foam for rc build

Options
  • 29-06-2015 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I am looking for any shops in Ireland that could supply me with foam to make an rc plane. Would styrofoam work or would I need something stronger? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

You can get floor underlayer from b&q . it's green coloured and has a foil backing and is equivalent to depron that is mentioned quite a bit in foam builds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

You can also get a1 size foamboard fairly cheap on ebay or much dearer in art & craft shops- which is the stuff being used for the flitetest and experimentalairlines builds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 batskat

I often get depron the thin white foam material in 3mm and 6 mm from shop LHS greenhobbymodel.com in Harolds Cross Dublin

Used with other materials it can be made real strong for fast and still stay light or just use direct for slow fly models

I got bat type model made from the material so thats why i call myself batskat

batskat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

What do you use as a template for cutting it? How to add ailerons etc.? Thanks.

Advertisement