Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build, around €1700 budget

Options
  • 29-06-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi! After being frustrated by my sad, sad laptop for way too long, I've decided to build a proper gaming rig. Hopefully you can help me out!

1. What is your budget? I have about 1700 available to cover parts/monitor/keyboard etc.
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, mostly.
    2a. Games most likely played: skyrim with a bunch of mods, no man's sky, when it comes out. Generally RPG/open world type games.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, but I'm budgeting for that separately.
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No :(
    5. Do you need a monitor? Yes.
    5a. If yes, what size do you need. The space I have for it is 23 inches wide, 12.5 inches high and 11.5 inches deep. I'd appreciate any suggestions for what would work best!
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? //
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Mouse and keyboard.
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No.
    8. How can you pay? Pay pal (also debit card).
    9. When are you purchasing? As soon as I can. Hopefully in the next week or so.
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? //

Comments

Advertisement