Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

Options
  • 29-06-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice, we had out mortgage fixed for three years which ended in June. BOI got in touch to offer us a new rate. So we fixed again for 3 years. And sent it back a day later. The letter was sent back freepost/

However we got a letter in the post today to say we had be switched to the Standard Variable rate.

Do we have any comeback as the even though we asked to fix ?

Cheers, J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Did you keep a copy of the fixed rate form that you posted back. If not just ring them up and inform them you wish to go on a fixed rate and what happened the form you returned and ask them to send another form out. The standard variable is 4.50% - 2 and 3 year fixed is 3.60%.

Expect all lenders to make announcements on reduction to fixed and variable rates this week.

KBC are offering switchers 2k to switch so it may be worth considering if BOI don't play ball with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi Trish,

Regrettably I didn't make a copy of the response form but I still have the offer letter.

I will give them a shout in the morning and see how we get on.

Cheers,
    J.

Advertisement