Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange USB Port issue

Options
  • 29-06-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having a strange issue with my custom PC build that I've never had before. The issue seems to lie with Windows 8.1 though and not the PC itself or any hardware.

Basically, I turned on my computer today and couldn't use either of my I/O devices, I also tried a USB storage device in my front USB's to try that, and that wouldnt work either. Apart from the USB connections, the PC is still working perfectly.

Now, all I have to work with it a PS/2 keyboard that is in a PS/2 mouse slot so works with only some things at best, so there isn't a ton I can do from within windows.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any tips on how to fix it? Just to clarify the mouse and keyboard both work within BIOS (which is an ASRock bios).

Here is my PC information incase it helps in some way:

8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9
    ASRock Z97 Extreme3, Sockel 1150, ATX
    Crucial MX100 SSD 128GB (2,5", 7mm)
    Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G, 4GB GDDR5
    Nanoxia Deep Silence DS 3 Dark Black, ohne Netzteil
    Samsung SH-224DB schwarz
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
    Thermaltake Berlin 630W
    TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Netzwerkkarte/-adapter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are all USB ports dead, or just the front panel ones?

Advertisement