Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother USA 2015

Options
  • 29-06-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭

My favourite Big Brother started last week, and it has been a promising start - a good mixture of houseguests this year. It'll be a week or two before we find out if there are any real contenders for memorable players, but it should be good to watch. The dentist has to go though... what a muppet.

Not sure about the BB Takeover twist though. A twist a week makes me think of how tired they got in BB Canada (and how much some of them broke the game).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I see Vanessa Rousso the poker player is on it.

Wonder why a multi-millionaire would bother with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Surprised that nobody recognises her (especially the poker dealer).

Looks like she hasn't had any major tournament wins since 2011 - unless she is playing cash games?

Nah she is pretty much a constant on all of the tours up to very recently.

Live Cashes

Can't remember her online name but she's still a sponsored online pro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I assume her reason for being on BB is the obvious one, she likes her odds of winning the $500,000.

I skipped BB Canada with all the Twistos Twist nonsense but it'll take a lot more for me to jump ship when it comes to the US version.

Straight away I "like" the cast and feel it could be a decent season if the twists don't have that much of a negative effect.

Hopefully, a season of OTT twists will lead to a return to a simple all-starts format in the near future too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

callaway92 wrote: »
    I see Vanessa Rousso the poker player is on it.

Wonder why a multi-millionaire would bother with it?
    Mr E wrote: »
    Surprised that nobody recognises her (especially the poker dealer).

Looks like she hasn't had any major tournament wins since 2011 - unless she is playing cash games?

Now why does she remind me of Victoria Coren Mitchell...? :o:o:D;)

c84a6267d0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

what channel?

Only in America, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

darn it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Decided to wait until after the first eviction to watch any of this season. Liking it so far. The BB Takeover should be interesting throughout the season - it seems much less annoying than the Twistos Twists in Canada anyway. Nice to see some Amazing Race players heading to Big Brother instead of the other way around for once. The only person in the cast I really don't like is Jace, and unless one of the twists is a chance for someone to return I don't need to worry too much.

Can't say I have a standout favourite just yet, but Southern Fried Asian, Dopey Dentist (dunno why I like him, just find his general ineptitude funny), Chris D'Elia's Giangantic Double and the Scarlett Johansson Doppleganger Twins are the most intriguing so far... Sorry, I don't know most of the names yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Anyone still watching?
    I think the only two I actually like are Johnny Mac and Vanessa.
    Liz is proving to be a bit of a bitch and the rest of the 6th sense will fall apart I think. Austin is going to blow his game up soon.
    Putting John up again as a pawn to throw BoB is silly, how do they think people won't cop on?
    I don't mind if they get rid of Jason this week but unless something big happens it will be dull to see the rest of the HG just get picked off.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm still watching.
    Johnny Mac has become my favourite even though he sounds like Fozzie Bear.
    I think if they did something or got some airtime Jackie and Steve could be interesting.
    Austin is a weirdo and horrible at acting (don't know how people can't tell when he's lying, he just gets wide eyed) and I really can't stand Jason, but I think that's because he really reminds me of a guy I know who is an absolutely horrible excuse for a human being.
    Don't mind the rest of them. I think I'd like Shelli more without Clay there.

I loved Johnny Mac busting the twins based on their dentistry!

Delighted they ditched the twists. I'm having loud of fun with BB this season. Last night's episode was a doozy.

Vanessa is such a coward though she is getting on my nerves. All talk and no action. Johnny Mc for the win!!

Ugh, Vanessa yet again being too cowardly to pull the trigger!!Johnny was the only one who would take her to final two and she wusses out to suck up to A+L GRR!!!!

pooch90 wrote: »
    Ugh, Vanessa yet again being too cowardly to pull the trigger!!Johnny was the only one who would take her to final two and she wusses out to suck up to A+L GRR!!!!

I can't stand Vanessa, but at least up until this point I could somewhat respect how she has played the game (she didn't get this far by not making good calls), but there's no way trying to get rid of John or Steve over Austin or Liz makes any sense.

I'd like to see Johnny Mac win, if he can make it to the end. Second choice would be Steve and Austin would be a reluctant third choice.

Next episode is Tuesday rather than Wednesday by the way.

Vanessa Rousso still in this?

Haven't been watching it but backed her at the start to finish in the top 3. She's a v. intelligent person (poker etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

callaway92 wrote: »
    Vanessa Rousso still in this?

Haven't been watching it but backed her at the start to finish in the top 3. She's a v. intelligent person (poker etc.)

Yes she is, and I lost all respect for her as a poker player there. Putting Johny Mac and Steve up was just dumb. Now next week she is guaranteed to go up if Austin or Liz win, and they have a 2 on 1 advantage because Vanessa can't compete in the HOH. She is overthinking the game big time.

Johny Mac for the win. The man has nine lives.

Wow, Vanessa really does seem to rub people the wrong way. It could cost her a lot both inside and outside of the game.

Lost all respect as a poker player because she may or may not have made the wrong call. Ouch. I think it was the correct decision having won the HoH but she did her self no favours putting herself in that situation. Her positioning before that comp was her weakest bit of gameplay yet.

I hope she makes it to the final 2 even if she's going to find it a tough slog to get there now though. Her plea to a bitter jury would be great. Imagine her losing to a player who had previously been evicted.

Roll on tonight's eviction.

• Advertisement

Aw,devastated for Johnny!!
    Taking Liz out was the smarter move because,as they said,she has two guaranteed votes in jury.
    Boo!!!! :(

Again, I really don't think voting Liz out would have been the smarter move for Vanessa. She has Liz wrapped around her finger and bringing her to the final 2 is probably her best move even with those guaranteed votes against her.

I'm finding it fascinating how so many people dislike Vanessa and want to see her fall on her face. I think she's unlike any player we've had before. Super smart but highly emotional. It seems to rub a lot of people up the wrong way yet it's crazy to think that she is in pole position going into the final HoH. There's massive flaws in her game but it's ludicrous to think that Johnny Mac deserved to win more than her.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Again, I really don't think voting Liz out would have been the smarter move for Vanessa. She has Liz wrapped around her finger and bringing her to the final 2 is probably her best move even with those guaranteed votes against her.

Well, if the last HOH would have gone to plan, Johny Mac would have gone and it would have been Austin, Liz and Steve battling for HOH. I think Austin and Liz if they won would have seen Vanessa as harder to beat in the final three so would probably have gotten rid. Anyone who faces Liz in the final two is screwed as she has two guaranteed votes already. If she would have honored her deal with Steve and Johny Mac, I'm sure they would have taken her to final three no problem.

I think Derrick last year played the game more like you would expect a poker player to play it, very calculated. Vanessa is just making decisions based on her emotions and paranoia, changing her mind on a whim constantly.

Austen is on record saying he would have taken Vanessa to final 3 (and not in a scenario where he's saying it insincerity within the game) , you can assume Liz would do the same. There's plenty of evidence from the live feeds that John and Steve wouldn't have honored their deal with her. I really do think she made the right decision but obviously not the popular one. My point stands that she could have orchestrated it so that she didn't have to make that decision though.

The plan to get John out went astray and she was then faced with making another difficult decision and she chose to blind side Austen. I'd argue that it was John who made the wrong decision here and he should have turned on Steve.

I think Vanessa is in a position where she wins the game if Steve fails to win HOH. That's a great place to be considering she was identified as having a hand in most evictions long long ago.

Is her game as good as Derricks? Clearly not. Is she the most strategic player of the season? I definitely think so. Do people like her? Not particularly. That's the biggest flaw in her game as opposed to her emotion. It's what could cost her but I don't think it will.

Very happy with how the finale played out. I think the right person won and overall it was a good season. Roll on next year!

Thought it was a massive anticlimax after Steve won the HOH but that comp was seriously tense.

Feels like Vanessa lost it on a coin toss. Looking back the biggest difference between her and Derrick may not have been her emotions getting the best of her, it was not having a Cody.

Great season overall, the best in two or three years at least.

I wanted Vanessa to win, but even if she had won the HOH, Steve still would have gotten the most votes.
    If the HOH had played out differently and it was Vanessa vs. Liz, it would have been much closer.

Advertisement