Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 4 making calls on its own!

• 29-06-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

My iPhone 4 has started making random calls to people in my contacts this past week without me knowing. The screen is locked at all times. Voice control seems to activate for no reason and I think is picking up sounds around it and dialling numbers. My phone has been sitting on my desk all day untouched and keeps dialling on its own. Has anyone had this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What version of iOS are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mac71

Version 7.1.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

There is a siri setting which enables siri when you say "hey siri" when the phone is on charge.

Go into Settings, General, Siri and check if Allow "Hey Siri" is switched on.

Try turning it off.

I think this only works with the 4s, I see you have a 4 so it does not apply.

Some ideas here.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/124437/disable-voice-control-on-iphone-4s-ios7-1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Do you use Bluetooth headphones or have wired headphones plugged in when this happens? I think there's a known issue with the headphone port that can cause Voice Control to activate. If so you'll need to disable voice control, but I'm not too sure how you do this on a pre-Siri iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Turning Voiceover Off

Double-tap the Settings icon on your homepage.
    Use three fingers to scroll down to the General menu, and double-click on it. Click for image.
    Use three fingers to scroll down to the Accessibility menu, and double-click on it. Click for image.
    Double-tap on the VoiceOver menu item. Click for image.
    Turn VoiceOver off At this point your phone should be back to normal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement