Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zoo - CBS [** Spoilers **]

• 29-06-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

Starts tomorrow (Tuesday) night on CBS.

James Patterson's book is pretty poor, but it could make for an OK TV show. With a 13 episode series, they could take a 500 page book and actually make the paper thin characters a bit three dimensional... we can only hope!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not bad at all.

Don't get me wrong - it's 50% fun, 50% dumb, but I liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I enjoyed it a good fun silly summer series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Are either of you still watching this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm watching it but I dunno what to think..

It's very silly (I've never read the books) so I've no idea where it's going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Yeah, I caught the first two episodes at a friend's place and thought I'd give it a chance for the basic premise, but jaysus the writing is terrible. Just wondering if it improves any...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Must say I am enjoying it. It is real light watching stuff. As agent Coulson said above...." a good fun silly summer series".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm still watching though I'm not up to date at all. I'm probably 4 episodes in so far. It's fine. Nothing stellar but stupid and fun, just what you'd expect for a Summer show. It's hard to really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aj Furlong

I saw the trailer and it looked good, but all the reviews have been shocking so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am watching for James Wolk and Billy Burke only :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I don't know what it says about me but this is the kind of show I like for some reason :pac: With series like this the story/premise is enough to keep me going. Lets face it, its a cool idea. I can look beyond the s**te, for now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am watching for James Wolk and Billy Burke only :p

I'd much rather we were still watching him in revolution tbh.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Couldn't find a thread about this.

I think it looks interesting.

'Zoo'

Plot:

Violent animal attacks upon humans are occurring all over the world. Jackson Oz, an American zoologist who offers safaris in Africa, begins to notice the animals' strange behavior and takes it upon himself to solve the reason why before these attacks become more coordinated and ferocious.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YKr70mFxf_w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I like it, I'm 7 episodes in US pace

I like it, I'm 7 episodes in US pace

So defo worth giving a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

So defo worth giving a go?

Yeah, it's something different

Yeah, it's something different

Cheers man, will have a look so ;)

Thread Here

Thread Here

Cheers couldn't find it.

It is starting on Sunday 16th of August 2015 at 9pm on Sky 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Threads merged as requested.

• Advertisement

Started watching it last night, it has potential, will give it a go for another couple of weeeks and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

So... is this any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

So... is this any good?

I like it! Its pretty easy to watch and there's not much thinking involved. The idea behind it is interesting.

I think that was the funniest/silliest cliffhanger I have ever seen.

I really hope this gets a second season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Some of the acting in this is worse than a school play .
    The dialogue when Frenchy spy gets accosted by other Frenchy spy to recruit her , would not be out of place in 1980’s Spy spoof “Top Secret”.
    The reporter is one of the most annoying people on TV , luckily her role reduces in importance as the show progresses.
    That said there is a schlocky charm to the whole affair and having given up after two episodes , I returned to it and finished the Season .

It's on my back burner list at this stage. Generally I watch that stuff when I@ve nothing else left or if I'm commuting. I thought the show started off well but seems to have dipped a bit come episode 7 or so. I'll finish the thing off but I'm not really overly invested. It's not too bad though. Just not particularly great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Probably gonna stop watching after about 6 episodes. This may well be the one of the worst series I've ever seen. The script is nonsensical, the acting hokey, and a kid in 6th class could pull the "science" apart.

The full season has just been added to Netflix US today.

Renewed for a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Renewed for a second season.

Wow, wasn't expecting that but I'll take it

Nice. Like to see how they get out of that cliffhanger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lots of people watching this I see.

in tonights episode we see the hero shot in the stomach and brought to hospital for emergency surgery. He's only awake and running around the corridors and pushing another patients bed down the ward to escape a leopard....really believable stuff.

It finishes next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm only about half way through the first series, started watching as the premise intrigued me. I undertstand it's taken from a book, if so that book reminds me of one of those 80s/90s thrillers, the Jack Higgins type ones, just not as good. Some of the acting isn't great, and the story line is all over the place - all the same it's got a definite charm and I'll likely keep watching. It's not top notch TV, but it's interesting at least and I'll take it over some of the mystery ****e that gets churned out.

Utterly shocked to hear it got a second season mind you.

Dumber than a box of rocks, but great fun. Season 2 starts next Tuesday with a double episode.

Summer TV is truly here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Mr E wrote: »
    Dumber than a box of rocks, but great fun. Season 2 starts next Tuesday with a double episode.

Summer TV is truly here. :)

Great, it was completely mad, not great quality, but thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to its return.

• Advertisement

Season 2 started last night in the States

Watched the first half this morning. Solution to the stampede cliffhanger? Umm...
    drive away
    . :)

Looks good so far. Still bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,692 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

im just watching the first series now, its intriguing but a lot of immersion breaking moments, and when they try to explain the "science" to each other I don't know how they keep a straight face. its at the low end of watchable

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Yeah, I agree, total summer turn your brain off fare but watchable enough. I see they've gone all Agents of SHIELD now with their own plane! I thought the opener was pretty good but didn't really hold my interest all the time.

The CGI is so bad but there is just something fun and stupid about that I like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

About 10 minutes into the 2nd season and it's just so silly.. But addictive

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

About 10 minutes into the 2nd season and it's just so silly.. But addictive
    +1 but that's why I like it. So many shows are so bloody serious and up themselves.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ants in episode 3 made me laugh.

I wasn't expecting that death at the end of episode 4 though it was a bit telegraphed when they were the only one to find where Jamie was.

Moles and sloths. Getting even more bonkers.

Wasn't expecting that casualty either.

Starts back tomorrow night at 9 on Sky 1

The more this show gets stupider and stupider the more fun it becomes.

That snake scene was just lol funny.

I thought they'd bottled it with Chloe - I was surprised that they followed through.
    It's interesting that Nora Arnezeder is credited in all 13 episodes of this season. Is there a surprise to come?

The snake scene was some of the worst CGI I have seen on Network TV for a good while (SyFy movie level quality).

I was thinking when his nose started to bleed while standing over her body his blood might drip on her and there would be a magic resurrection.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought they'd bottled it with Chloe - I was surprised that they followed through.
    It's interesting that Nora Arnezeder is credited in all 13 episodes of this season. Is there a surprise to come?
    Hmmm. MIght be a surprise alright. Shoot me down in flames but I think by doing that with the Chloe character rather than fire up interest they've instead jumped the (mutated? :))shark. IMH a really bad move.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I don't think it's a great show but Chloe was really cute and kept me watching. I haven't really the same motivation any more :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement