Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Zoo - CBS [** Spoilers **]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spiders don't make noises like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mutated spiders with a triple helix do dammit! :mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

squonk wrote: »
    I don't think it's a great show but Chloe was really cute and kept me watching. I haven't really the same motivation any more :(
    Yeah, right there with you and I even thought Joanne Kelly might keep me on board. Alas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah I'm also one of those people that is thinking of quitting the show because they got rid of the French cutie. The plot is no worse than last season but the three actors they have introduced in the last few weeks are really annoying. Especially the Michelle Rodriguez look-a-like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I had forgot how much I disliked the reporter , her arc of being in peril out in the wilderness almost made me like her , but back on terra firmer back to playing the character as so unlikable again.
    It must be on purpose , but why write her as so stupid and arrogant ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I'm only after getting around to watching season 2 (so far) in the last few days, and I'm just not enjoying it. Last year had a guilty pleasure element, a "so bad it's good(ish)" factor. But this year strikes me as just plain old bad. It'll be a struggle for me to get to the end of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭squonk

I've given up. It wasn't great from the get go on Season 2 for sure. Chloe kept me going but now she's gone I just can't muster the enthusiasm anymore. The show is just bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jesus... fair play! :p

Last night's was pretty good. I loved what Jamie did to Logan, even though I doubt it would have been possible to stand and pose on that ramp afterwards! One little pocket of turbulence and she would have been screwed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I can't figure out if this show is a piss take or serious. The plot is utterly ridiculous, like a sci fi b movie, but the production values and cast give it a sheen of respectability, then they start talking.

I go from laughing, to wanting to turn it off from minute to minute. I'm only as far as the mole episode.

You can't look away, admit it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mr E wrote: »
    Jesus... fair play! :p

Last night's was pretty good. I loved what Jamie did to Logan, even though I doubt it would have been possible to stand and pose on that ramp afterwards! One little pocket of turbulence and she would have been screwed. :)

Ye she was cool as a cucumber cold bloodedly killing him but 5 mins later she was freaking out that they had may have killed Davies with venom.

To go along with the team of the show it's Batsh1t crazy and I love it for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Who's gonna take Jackson down when he becomes a rage machine now that Dariela has gone walkabout? She's got an entire village to get to safety and if Jacksons triple helix switch gets switched on she ain't gonna make it back on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

This show is now on Irish Netflix.

So it had to happen at some stage I guess The Island of Doctor Moreau.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

It's so ridiculously stupid but feck I love it.. So happy it's been renewed too

So it had to happen at some stage I guess The Island of Doctor Moreau.

I was thinking it looked more like Isla Nublar! We want dinosaurs! :)

Why am I watching this ?
    It has the most ridiculous plot in history of television
    It has terrible acting
    It has plot twists that look like they have been chosen by rolling a dice
    Pretty much the entire cast is despicable and stupid (intrepid reporter makes me grind my teeth when on screen being an idiot every two minutes )
    the Special effects (see horse fight) are horrible

Yet I keep watching

Inconceivable

After 23 episodes of dumber than dumb, I think the bird compass jumped straight to the top of the list. It'll be hard to top that.

Still a good episode though. :)

Hahaha that's a good budgie

"Tell that bird to make up its mind":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Its like each episode is trying to raise the bar for ridiculeness, lol at the guy in the ape-suit/cgi

The EMP effect was comically sudden too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The EMP effect was comically sudden too. :)

Becoming very mcguyver-esque with their ability to build last minute life saving gadgets

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the finale was ... good. Very very good.

I liked the last 10 minutes a lot. An interesting change of direction and a great setup for season 3.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the finale was ... good. Very very good.

I liked the last 10 minutes a lot. An interesting change of direction and a great setup for season 3.

I agree , certainly caught me out and a very brave take on having a 3rd season.

It looks like they filmed two endings one closure one and this one if they got picked up for a third season so far play to them for not going to end it on a cliffhanger if cancelled.

The time jump suits the crazy show that it is.

I knew Mitch wouldn't die. Maybe his dna will somehow get mixed with the hybrid wolves and he'll be the wolf man of season 3:)

Season 3 starts on — Thursday, June 29.

Looks like it's going to be batsh1t crazy :D

Trailer.

New teaser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Did they get a new Chloe lookalike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Unless she can speak english with a sexy french accent shes no proper replacement.

A slow start to the season needs to go more batsh1t crazy to get it back on track.

Need to bring French girl back from the dead too.

I thought it was a good start to what is basically a do-over. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it!

I wonder which Clementine was the real one? I assume it's the one that was in most of the episode (not the one at the end).

So former special forces woman and safari guide now can't shoot after the 10 year time jump and neither look like they ever held a gun before.

And the ace reporter has turned into a special forces ninja :)

It wasn't as fun a season as previous ones for me but it better not be cancelled after the season finale cliffhanger.

Edit; Still a few episodes to go.

Wow.... that felt like a season finale too. What a crazy ending.

3 to go. Can't wait for next week.

I assume the
    same mcguffin that brought Abigail back to life (not the beacon) will be used on the others.

Ive decided to wait until its over and watch it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ive decided to wait until its over and watch it then

Same here. I've had plenty of other stuff to catch up on over the summer.

An average season compared to the batsh1t crazy previous ones if it gets cancelled on that cliffhanger that's just a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seriously that is Jackson's son :rolleyes::confused:

I swear they write this show by putting a list of plot twists and list of characters and rolling a dice to match them up
    Its beyond ridiculous , I cannot understand why I still watch , its like a car crash I just cannot look away
    I am sad , oh why are you sad , just thinking about my dead son ,what you never mentioned a dead son before , yeah I had him when I was a child and its been a huge impact on my life , I know I never mentioned him before but yeah it happened

10 mins later , he is alive !

I am a game warden , brought on to the team because of my experience working on a safari in Africa with dangerous animals, but I will just take the next few years to become the leading genealogist in the world .
    Hi I have been in a medically induced coma for ten years , you nearly killed me trying to take me out of it , oops actually all that time I was mind controlled by some other dude for some reason and have been running around the planet causing all this sh1t

Pretty much. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I swear they write this show by putting a list of plot twists and list of characters and rolling a dice to match them up

Like the manatees and the idea balls for Family Guy :pac:
    Its beyond ridiculous , I cannot understand why I still watch , its like a car crash I just cannot look away
    That's why I stopped watching at the end of season 1. I was convinced it would get cancelled at that point, as it really was rubbish.

A friend of mine is still watching, and keeps asking me about it, and I keep telling him I don't watch it any more.