Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Begnet's Villas, Dalkey - What's the area like?

Options
  • 29-06-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not that familar with the area around Dalkey but I see a number of houses for sale in the St. Begnet's Villas estate.
    Could anyone share their thoughts on the area. Looking for a house in an area suitable for a new born baby.

Thanks
    Glen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I live there and love it. Moved in 5 years ago. Nice mix of long-timers and inheritors of houses plus newbies like myself. Solid houses but we got a lot of extra insulation and switched to gas fired heating there last year. Could probably do with getting in new windows but that's next year's project.

It's very quiet, parking can be an issue if you don't have off-street. You get parents of kids going to Cuala parking in the estate a bit.

Very very handy for the village which has some great shops. Also only a 10 minute walk to DART and (though with a new-born you might not make use of it) the 7N nitelink serves the village as does the Aircoach from right outside Begnet's.

Really glad I moved here. One thing is i'd put your kids name down for a school asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

I live there and love it. Moved in 5 years ago. Nice mix of long-timers and inheritors of houses plus newbies like myself. Solid houses but we got a lot of extra insulation and switched to gas fired heating there last year. Could probably do with getting in new windows but that's next year's project.

It's very quiet, parking can be an issue if you don't have off-street. You get parents of kids going to Cuala parking in the estate a bit.

Very very handy for the village which has some great shops. Also only a 10 minute walk to DART and (though with a new-born you might not make use of it) the 7N nitelink serves the village as does the Aircoach from right outside Begnet's.

Really glad I moved here. One thing is i'd put your kids name down for a school asap.

Friends live there with their kids and I can echo all of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

+1, it's a grand spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Thanks rubadub, schemingbohemia & frash, very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

Went to school there. Still regularly head to Dalkey for the cafes, restaurants, pubs, sea views. Tis gorgeous!

• Advertisement
Advertisement