Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eindhoven Marathon - October 11th

Options
  • 29-06-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

So I caved on my thoughts of not running a marathon this year. Just signed up. Looks to be a new one lap route this year but if the website is to be believed, very flat. Any boardies done this race before / thinking of it this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I've signed up for this one as well. I'm flying into Amsterdam Friday evening and home Sunday night. Going from the results pages in previous years, it looks like a high quality field up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I've signed up for this one as well. I'm flying into Amsterdam Friday evening and home Sunday night. Going from the results pages in previous years, it looks like a high quality field up front.

Looks to be a high enough standard yes. My plan is to fly direct to Eindhoven on the Friday. Might stay on a few days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

This has been on my radar for the last 3 years but I won't make it this year either. Be very interested to hear how it goes. Best of luck with the training everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Half way
    skeleton_boy 1:25:43
    ThePiedPiper 1:29:29

skeleton_boy 2:01:52
    TPP 2:07:17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Any News on Dublin Runner in the half?

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Any News on Dublin Runner in the half?

not starting 'til 12:30 our time

skeleton_boy 2:54:40
    ThePiedPiper 3:00:12

Think they're chip times. Well done guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Didn't make the startline. Been here since Friday and picked up a bug/food poisoning on the first night. Very disappointed but body in no fit state. I managed a good few easy miles on the marathon course today though, with a few 'pitstops' to break it up. Thank God I didn't race.

A few observstions: The course feels even faster than Rotterdam. Big long smooth roads. Flat as a pancake. The only issue could be the wind and a numbers (not as deep). With a winning time of 2.05 the course is fast.

A seriously good race by the looks of it. A city marathon but small compared to the big city races. Travel all this way and not to race. Great city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    skeleton_boy 2:54:40
    ThePiedPiper 3:00:12

Think they're chip times. Well done guys

Cheers bulmers. The A target was 2.50 today but that never looked achievable. Was on for 2.52ish till mile 22 where the pace started to slow and get very close to 7 min a mile pace. Had to stop and puke just before mile 24 ticked over but actually felt all the better for it and came home at 6.20 pace.

Stomach problems continued for two hours after the race and only starting to come good now. Will have to assess what's causing that before I contemplated another marathon.

Absolutely delited with the time all the same. I would have been over the moon with that at the start of the marathon cycle and I'm pretty content with it now.

Now to turn my attention to the main sporting events of the day. COYBIG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Cheers bulmers. The A target was 2.50 today but that never looked achievable. Was on for 2.52ish till mile 22 where the pace started to slow and get very close to 7 min a mile pace. Had to stop and puke just before mile 24 ticked over but actually felt all the better for it and came home at 6.20 pace.

Stomach problems continued for two hours after the race and only starting to come good now. Will have to assess what's causing that before I contemplated another marathon.

Absolutely delited with the time all the same. I would have been over the moon with that at the start of the marathon cycle and I'm pretty content with it now.

Now to turn my attention to the main sporting events of the day. COYBIG

Well done.
    Makes up for the DCM disappointment last year.
    Might be a bit slower than you originally expected/wanted but it's still a big chunk off your pb.
    Congrats again and enjoy the rest of the day with a few beers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Having done basically no running for a month and no real proper marathon training at all for this race, decided I'd try to stick with the sub3 group and see what happened. Took my eye off the ball with a couple of miles to go, missed the 41k mark but still thought I'd time in hand for sub3. Was slightly miffed as to how I lost the time. Not to worry, I was prepared for an absolute wipeout today, so this represented a major success in ways.

The course really is super fast, the equivalent of a Frankfurt or Chicago, and only a couple of overpasses being the only rises. The atmosphere after the marathon was fantastic in the Markt, proper party going on. As an alternative to the bigger races in autumn, this is excellent.

Advertisement